dangermouse

Controller identification

Hello all hoping someone may be able to do these controllers for me.

Think the Parma is a turbo plus I guess with a brake pot..??

the Professor Motor not sure wish they would put a model number sticker on it somewhere

thanks

David

04-EF958-E-B740-4-C9-E-8-C2-F-9-E1-F0-D0

9-D0-BA5-BB-23-E7-4-DFE-A850-8488-DDF972

E9906-A58-3-DC9-4-AE1-BEE6-42-F22-F6-B22

8-B7-D4801-D5-AF-47-B7-BC2-A-2-A64594364

Edited by dangermouse

Pretty hard to identify a Professor Motor transistor controller just from pictures, but I notice two things.

1) The wires are all white. I have never seen that before. They are usually red/white/black.  The ARE of the larger gauge, so it is almost certainly a positive polarity one.
2) One of the pots appears to be non-standard, physically larger than the ones installed from factory, so it has either been repaired, or was a single pot model that has been upgraded.

Yeah, the other looks like a turbo plus, but those windings... whew. Did you throw a multi meter across the winding - maybe a 2 or 3 ohm or something? Not something you would use with RTR cars.  The pot on top looks a bit wussy to be a wirewound, so to even use it as a brake pot for bigger steel chassis seems a stretch.

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

I cannot tell you the model but it is Positive, diode direction show that.

It also has the newer large diameter sensitivity pot and updated circuit board that was introduced to allow the larger pot to fit.I think this was about two years ago.

Found out when wrong size pots arrived for a repair.

Some of the commercial and home set controllers do not have Colour coded wiring.

Edited by kalbfellp
  • Like 1

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Thanks Mark and Phil

Someone on Fb suggested it may be a PM2110 controller - he based this assumption on the general appearance and the 10 written top right corner.

https://www.professormotor.com/product-p/pmtr2110.htm?fbclid=IwAR0Gam9DAOw9vM1RIDTFNVPvEN5Y99S7refOYuEJ0m1OJP82zzaGs5IUpB0

I have emailed Prof Motors to ask them.

Haven't done anything with the Parma yet. I got these with a lot of cars and parts. There are a 1/32 metal chassis thing with a lexan body included maybe he used it for those cars.

cheers

DM

That's my guess too - it may just be a similar model to the 2110, which was optimised for a higher max track voltage and may have a different "bias resistor" value for the same reason. But it would work for rtr racing, its just all in the feel.

A 2110 is optimised for 12v, but works down to about 9v just fine, whereas some of the other "club controllers" are optimised for 14-19v track voltage - but work okay down to about 11v.

i take it the steel chassis car still has some relatively mild motor like a Falcon, not some nuclear eurosport Group 12 that drains entire power stations.....

• Like 1

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Hi David

The Parma controller looks like a 1.5 - 2 ohm that are used with 16 D motored cars at commercial raceways.

Might be a little savage:blink: with scale cars but can be modified for the smaller type motors.

Cheers Jimmy:D

• Like 2

To finsh first,first you gotta finish