Vinno

2021 Australian Scalextric releases

I assume most here have already spotted the news regarding the 5 Australian releases for Scalextric this year. Being an Aussie forum this is probably most important for any die hard Touring Car Fan here and its great to see some different selections. 

Normally we would hope there are a few more as there are so many livery possibilities to chose from in the Aussie cars Scalextric are producing but considering what most companies and people in general have been through over the last year it is nice to see we have not been forgotten.

The liveries for this year are great and it's nice to see two Privateer Falcons and another privateer Brock model. 

The Brock car was his 1977 Bathurst car that eventually finished forth in the Great Race. A very good looking livery that will no doubt look the part.

Murray Carter is apart from Moffat himself is one of the most recognised Falcon racers who flew the Ford flag along with Moffat and John Goss for a number of years. The car Scalextric are producing brought Murray 2nd place in the Australian Touring Car Championship.

John French was another loyal Ford racer who did get a Bathurst win with Dick Johnson in the Falcon in 1981. The Purple car here was his 1972 race car which finished second to Peter Brock with the Torana XU1. John could actually have won that year but got a puncture early in the race and dropped a lap. He did climb back to 40 odd seconds behind by the end.

The John Goss 1985 Bathurst winning Jaguar XJS is also a great addition and a new model for this year one that I am surprised Scalextric have waited so long for considering they have been producing a number of Group A cars. This was one I couldn't wait for and ended up building a resin version a couple of years ago.

And finally a road going XB Falcon Coupe as well to top out the range. Can't wait to spend some more money.

2021 Australian Scalextric releases.jpg

Vinnie I put my order in A few days ago for one of each. I wasn't a Jag fan back in the day but I am happy Scalextric has released the car as it is important.

Another great selection of cars from Southern Models. I may just have to get that A9X - IMHO it was the best looking paint job.

I hope the HDT A9X sets the standard for wheel modelling - the Jaguar wheels will need to be spot on. The same can't be said for the Bathurst Globes on the XYs.

If you want a Jag, I'd get in a pre-order. The Poms on the UK forum are pretty grumpy that they won't have access to the BRG version at their suppliers until next year. I'd expect a few overseas orders to raid our stocks. 

• Like 1

I hope they fix the front bumper alignment on the A9X for this time around.

We are lucky to have so many Oz only releases, although I was hoping Kevin Bartlett's Camaro would make an appearance. But as the 'standard' one hasn't been released yet, I can see why (if ever?)

Maybe next year?

Are there any US only or Europe only etc releases??

I think only in Spain. Essentially there is no need for exclusive releases in those markets. We have them because Southern Models stump up the investment to ensure local cars for our market, and insists on exclusive release. Media such as movies and race telecasts creates interest in our cars overseas.