Sign in to follow this  
Joshua Maguire

Tamiya Paints

Hey,

Does anyone know a good formula to thinning tamiya acrylic paint to pass through a air brush.

I live my life a Slot car race at a time for those 50 laps or less i'm slow :)

You might find it handy to get yourself some pasteur pipettes (eyedroppers) as these are invaluable to getting correct ratio measurements. As a general rule of thumb, try to get your paint the consistency of milk. Rather watery but still strongly coloured. Different paints, even if from the same manufacturer, may need different mix ratios. It's best to experiment to find what you prefer.

I use mine with 1 part paint and .5 parts thinner, I get a nice deep colour and often only need a dust coat and a final coat, then 1 or 2 coats of clear, works for me ;)

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Ya sorry, Phil translated for me.

Kai: means the mix ratio.

Either 1 part paint and 1 part thinner.

Or 2 parts paint to 3 parts thinner.

Or 2parts thinner to 3 parts paint.... as mentioned it all has to do with the paint and the effect you want.

but I'm far from normal

What u mean

Meaning of all the normal people on this forum, I'm not one of them :D :D :D:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Love,

Kai smileyhawk.jpg

Meaning of all the normal people on this forum, I'm not one of them :D :D :D:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Wait... There are normal people here?

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction