Sign in to follow this  
Joshua Maguire

Primer

Hey,

Does anyone know if Tamiya #87075 - Liquid Surface Primer (40ml) Can be put through a airbrush

Cheers

I live my life a Slot car race at a time for those 50 laps or less i'm slow :)

There are a number of previous posts on this topic. Read through the information posted on your other inquiry regards repainting. Primer is available in tins from your local automotive paint and spares superstore. Use only white or grey. Airbrushes are for those with some experience and acquired ability. My advice is to start at the easy end and work your way up. I have never used or needed to use an airbrush, it's always been beyond me. I'm a very sad case.

Ashes to ashes funk to funky we all know Chris is a junkie.

I'd suggest matching your primer to your paint. If using Tamiya paints use Tamiya primer. Just seems less chance of things reacting that way. They are formulated to work together afterall.

Anything can be shot through an airbrush if thinned right. And yes, airbrushes can be frustrating. But so can the whole painting experience.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

hey,

also what happens when i use a enamel and acrylic paint together (not done yet) just wondering

I live my life a Slot car race at a time for those 50 laps or less i'm slow :)

Depends on a few factors, brand of paint, thickness applyed etc.

It can craze the paint. It can cause the paint to flake.

You just need to test it out on on scrap first. Sometimes nothing will happen. sometimes you can put the Enamel on the acrylic but not the acrylic on the enamel

Edited by Mohawkk

Love,

Kai smileyhawk.jpg