V8 Tipping For Round 15 - Homebush

Hi Guys

With the last round this weekend, don't forget your tips.

Third place in the comp is going to be very close, as there are quite a few members in the running for third. I'm not in the prize pool, so you can count me out of the comp for prizes

We will draw the Scaley Moffat #9 Falcon after the weekend , so one lucky punter in the comp will be getting that in the coming week

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

Pretty sure Andrew has this in the bag now...

Kicking myself for screwing up one of the rounds by not hitting submit on the picks, and missing out on a minimum of 6 points, but more likely 8...

That would of put me in the running for 2nd/3rd...

Still, congrats to the front runners, and best of luck everyone for the final round.

its been a great series, would like to see more rounds next year. Yngwie can you arrange this to happen?

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Clevo, I thought the Scaley XB was the prize for the lowest placed person to enter a tip in every round??

Which would be Branco at this stage...

Edit:

Scratch that... Apparently my memory is crap... Found the original posts about it...

The XB was a lucky dip prize eligable to those who have entered every round of the tipping comp...

Edited by shadow_rusty

no no no I like your 1st idea SR

And to spice things up we still have manufacturer and driver championship points to allocate:

3 points for championship winning driver

3 points for championship winning manufacturer (highly likely to be Holden

You can also view on the site what everyone picked for the Round 0 Championship round.

14 tipsters picked Whincup and 9 picked Lowndes.....

For some reason Cleveland who is in 3rd place picked Mercedes..... (sorry about pointing that out)...

An interesting week of racing...........

1st place - 32coupe

2nd place - Aussiesumo

3rd place - jwbravo14

In case your wondering, Aussiesumo and jwbravo14 finished on the same points but the count back rule applies, Aussie picked 7 points in the last round compared to jwbravo14 5.

Now on to the prize pool.....

This year we have:

1 x v8 Ingall car (should be a collectors item soon seeing as INgall is now retired) - donated by Thunderbird raceway

1 x v8 Ingall car - donated by miveson

1 x SCX Ferrari 550 GT (light blue) donated by davnic74

1 x Scalextric Mustang Moffat #9 (lucky door prize)

32coupe has first digs at either the Ingall or SCX Ferrari?

The lucky door prize will be drawn at Thunderbird Raceway on Wednesday night.... to be eligible you needed to not miss more than 3 picks.....

Mobbzee has been kind enough to donate a lucky last prize for anyone who picked in every round...... Branco is the winner of an Autoart Porsche Carrera GT.

For those that have been lucky enough to win......... PM me your address.....

Thank you to the tipsters, a very interesting year.....

If you have any suggestions for 2014 I'd be happy to listen to any comments on improvements.

Edited by miveson

Thanks Mark for running a very professional and enjoyable comp.

For my part, lack of current knowledge and access to info. on the teams - and being overseas for some rounds meant I couldn't do an in depth analysis, so I decided on a statistical exercise for my picks.

I picked the vodafone boys to come in the top 5 in every race, plus one of the FPR boys in near every race, plus Gissie occasionally, Bright occasionally, and Tander about one round in 3. ah, and McLaughlin about 3 times just cause he's a kiwi.

That was it, no thinking, no teams analysis, just tick, tick, tick as above......

Dang just 2 points off a top 10 finish myself.....

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I'd first of all like to thank Mark for one of the most enjoyable comps I have ever had the pleasure to enter.

I will definately be up for it agasin next year, as I said earlier it has made my watching of the races even more exciting and enjoyable than ever.

My thanks to all who entered, without you therer woud not have been a comp, and there wouldn't have been any thrill in to playing the game.

I will have to keep up to date with all the teams and drivers for next year, and see if I can give you all a run for your money again.

Cheers, and let's bring on next year.

Andrew

Ps: I'll take the Ferrari

A man without a woman is like a neck without a pain.

Has been a great comp, congrats to 32coupe for taking out 1st place.

Thanks to the people for putting up prizes and Mark for running competition.

Congrats to all the prize winners...

Massive thanks to Miveson on running this and building such a great site for it.

Damn I wish I hadn't screwed up somehow which created that un lovely green spot in the middle of mine...

That easily cost me 2nd place... :(

Still, equal 5th with 1 missed round is not a bad effort...

Definately looking forward till next year...

I'd first of all like to thank Mark for one of the most enjoyable comps I have ever had the pleasure to enter.

I will definately be up for it agasin next year, as I said earlier it has made my watching of the races even more exciting and enjoyable than ever.

My thanks to all who entered, without you therer woud not have been a comp, and there wouldn't have been any thrill in to playing the game.

I will have to keep up to date with all the teams and drivers for next year, and see if I can give you all a run for your money again.

Cheers, and let's bring on next year.

Andrew

Ps: I'll take the Ferrari

Andrew,

Your Ferrari is on its way to you Express post, hopefully it will be there tomorrow.

Enjoy!

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build