Sign in to follow this  
aussieslotter

Nsr News

I like the look of the Audi. Should be a good runner against the Corvette i would think. We spoke a bit on friday night of maybe having an NSR GT class excluding the mosler. Porsche Corvette and Audi should all run pretty well. I think the corvette would be the weapon of choice for most but i like the look of the Audi and i think a white kit might just make my shopping list. Got a 917 white kit arriving anyday hope to get it to run well and see if its better than my p68 in classics.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

Porsche Corvette and Audi should all run pretty well. I think the corvette would be the weapon of choice for most but i like the look of the Audi and i think a white kit might just make my shopping list. Got a 917 white kit arriving anyday hope to get it to run well and see if its better than my p68 in classics.

I've got a 997 and a Corvette up and running. For me, the Corvette is the better car and a more predictable handler; the 997 is heaps of fun as well though. I have also found the P68 the car of choice among the NSR classics and at this stage, is a better runner than my 917 and GT40. But I have to admit that being an NSR fan, I enjoy running them all. Naturally, I cannot wait for the R8 either!

Cheers,

Jon

have one of their Audi R8 white kits on preorder

cant wait to see it released

NSR10XXR8-%20slot%20cars.jpg

Got anything about the RTR pre painted audi R8?

Is there even anything out about it yet?

Matt

Edited by rokrmat

Rock on

Matt

Matt

hi matt....havent come across any painted ones yet

not much info around at all really

paul

Matt

hi matt....havent come across any painted ones yet

not much info around at all really

paul

This looks like a job for....Chrisfromcrewe

Normal people worry me

wow nice one

unfortunately i can't race those things ............

Is that because of lack of skill or you physically cant race them?

Love,

Kai smileyhawk.jpg

wow nice one

unfortunately i can't race those things ............

Is that because of lack of skill or you physically cant race them?

nahhhhhhhhh........... waste of money to buy beautiful cars when you can't race them . track owner won't allow cars that beats him :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by stargate_SG1

i must admit i havent bought a car for 6 weeks

have a few social occasions coming up...but really its because im going to go cut loose on the new NSR lineup

to many hot cars not to get a few

;)

cheers

paul

edit...lie :huh::lol: ..i bought that NSR corvette 3 weeks ago

Edited by Mobbzee

Apparently the P68 Shell livery car is selling like hot cakes according to Salvatore from NSR. As I understand it (and please correct me if I am wrong) there was never a 1:1 Shell livery P68 ever to see the light of day.

I can see some of the manufactures producing fantasy liveries to make big sales i.e. Gulf, Shell, Red Bull, Jägermeister etc.

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

I think only the Alan Mann Racing livery ever actually raced...

I guess as the are about making a euro or two companies will make what sells - I was interested in their decision to make non race liveries for their latest 2 GT40s - #7 and #6

DM

Apparently the P68 Shell livery car is selling like hot cakes according to Salvatore from NSR. As I understand it (and please correct me if I am wrong) there was never a 1:1 Shell livery P68 ever to see the light of day.

I can see some of the manufactures producing fantasy liveries to make big sales i.e. Gulf, Shell, Red Bull, Jägermeister etc.

Rat racer, your right the shell livery is a fantasy livery. The P68 was only entered in two events, and was only in the Alan Mann racing colours as DM stated. The P68 also never finished a race it started.

My guess is the fantasy liveries are to help pay for the moulds, as you can only make four cars with race liveries. I do like NSR's choice of qualifing colour scheme's on the GT40's ,as no one else has ever done that before,There are still hundreds of other liveries that can be done for the GT40 in its various races entered, its strange the manufactors of slots dont utilise this.

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

My guess is the fantasy liveries are to help pay for the moulds, as you can only make four cars with race liveries.

In a sense, the fantasy liveries are building on the availability of the white kits and the liveries some slotters choose to do for themselves. Some use the kits to do up an actual livery the slot manufacturer does not/will not offer; and others do up their own fantasy livery because it appeals to them. Classic examples are already mentioned and usually high on the list: Gulf, Jägermeister and more recently Red Bull. Probably on that order of popularity and you could add Marlboro in there.

It's simple economics - manufacturers are there to make money and if they see an opportunity, they take it. More choice for us!

Yes, for sure in relation to corporate/brand logos. But that is something a slot manufacturer has to worry about and weigh up for their bottom line. It's not something people like us who do our own modelling need to worry about, fantasy or real, using those same logos.

Edited by M3Fanatic

speaking of the r8, anybody other than me been blown away by how brilliant they are? For those that know Ged's, my best lap was a 3.238 in standard* form. For those that don't know Ged's, this is .250 off the outright lap record, set by a highly developed nsr mosler, and quicker than pretty much anything 1/32 rtr, regardless of modification. I will be getting myself at least another one of these cars once race liveries start to appear.

*motor, bearings and tyres glued. lubed. mb slot screws fitted.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

HAs anyone seen the new Gulf 917 twin pack (set 6)? , Are these cars are exactly the same as set 1?

Looks like they are from Daytona 71 the first set was from Daytona 1970 - this pic is from Pendlesite - the most noticeable difference is the small adjustable wing on the back otherwise they are the same looking car as best I can tell

David

SET06.jpg

Did you see they have a UK ltd ed

Ford GT40 MkII No.5 Le Mans 1967

Roger McCluskey & Frank Gardner

The bronze #5 Holman Moody car

Edited by dangermouse

Seems there are only a few minor decal differences between the two sets.

DM, I did see the UK Limited edition GT40. Should be a nice addition to the GT40 collection

We've all seen the photos but I've just read that the NSR R18 TDi is due to be shipped out in Europe today. I guess that means it is likely we only get to see it in the new year - that is for us without a direct line with the importers!

The first model released is the black Sebring 2011 test car (NSR1095IL) to be followed by a white kit (NSR1096IL). The surprise to me is that it is an inline car. The specs are:

NSR1402 Medium black chassis

NSR1234 Guide drop arm 64mm Xhard Red

NSR1254 Triangular Inline motor support Xhard Red

NSR3023 King EVO3 21k long can motor, 21,400rpm/350gr-cm

NSR4802 precision and very strong 54mm x 3/32" diameter axles

NSR5003 aluminium 17mm. diameter 'front - NO air system' 4/40 set screw front wheels

NSR5004 aluminium 17 mm. diameter 'Air System' 4/40 set-screw rear wheels

NSR5202 'No-friction' hard front rubbers 19 x 10mm

NSR5230 'Supergrip' rear softer rubbers, 20 x 11mm

NSR4803 Autolubricant & no-friction oilites

NSR7010 Easy Setup & no-friction 10t pinion 5.5mm dia

NSR6327 soft & no-friction 27t black Inline plastic gear

NSR4841 Low friction racing pickup guide

Edited by M3Fanatic

No surprise that it is an inline at all. Simply a long can can't get under the rear deck in an anglewinder format. I think slot.it are about to release their car and it will only be avalable as an anglewinder using a flat six. Same goes for the scalauto radicals the only prototype cars that i know of that can be setup as anglewinders with a long can are the sloting plus reynard and the avant slot kremer porsche and mirage there may be more but they are the only ones i can think of.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.