My Track Layout

kpphotos

Cool, in 1/32 I've only got a few cars as well, a few rally cars, subaru wrx, plus a few others,

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?sho...ic=9510&hl=

coupla v8's and am buyin a nascar & a GT car in the next few days.

Also got a few 1/24 flexi cars cars that I race once a week at Checkered Flag in Maddington

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?sho...ic=8865&hl=

and a datto 1600 drag car....

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?sho...ic=9885&hl=

thats it....so far...... B)

I Miss Brocky...

• 5 months later...
track

I have a few comments about the layout and thought the main staight along the back wall would be better

Any comments would be helpful

Cheers

If the section up against the wall is hard to reach, then having a straight section there is better as cars come off more on the technical twisty bits, which will be closer to you. My Monaco layout just runs one long uphill straight at the back, but if you miss the braking point you are off at the end of the straight. Still that's only one difficult to reach marshalling point.

Holty

Nice track nd good to see more WA tracks...

But as a tip...I would arsehole any R1 turns when racing digital (wish I did before I went permanent) and lose the bridge overpass. Bridges just add an element of instability and severe unecessary changes in grade for me as well as dificult points to marshall.... otheriswe, I like turn 1 with the use of the lane change and pit entry and the esses up the back flow nicely.

Dave

I like that bottom one.

I kept my long straight at the back, because only monogram cars come off while going straight. Plus, gives you a better view of the car when at it's fastest as opposed to coming by right under your nose.

I have a overpass in the middle of my track, tried to keep the turns away from the tunnel, but it's not ideal. The worst place to deslot is at that turn closest to the tunnel. Lines of sight, marshalling access, those are things that never go away, in fact, they start to annoy me more as time goes on.

j.

www.pretzelcityspeedway.com

I like that bottom one.

I kept my long straight at the back, because only monogram cars come off while going straight. Plus, gives you a better view of the car when at it's fastest as opposed to coming by right under your nose.

I have a overpass in the middle of my track, tried to keep the turns away from the tunnel, but it's not ideal. The worst place to deslot is at that turn closest to the tunnel. Lines of sight, marshalling access, those are things that never go away, in fact, they start to annoy me more as time goes on.

j.

www.pretzelcityspeedway.com

Its a subjective thing, like everything else. What style of racing do you like? What sort of cars do you use most? If you race mainly historic cars then there's no point in picking a NASCAR theme for instance. If, like me, you have quite a broad range of motors in your collection, is there a time frame that ties them together? Again, my collection is quite ecclectic so I chose a fantasy theme that has not time frame but rather an attempted sense of place. Again, it all comes down to what you like from your cars and what you want from your track.

Most importantly its about having fun.

Cheers

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hmmm never thought about it like that, I have all sorts of cars from a Peugeot 908 HDI, NASCAR, Ford, Ferrari, Opal, and my latest a L34 Torana. So no real theme with the cars.

Maybe I just go with a NASCAR theme around the pits with a country feel around the back.

I'd like to see a few pics of what others have done recently.

Cheers

If you haven't already done so, have a trawl through the Member track build threads. All sorts of goodies in there for inspiration.

Cheers

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction