Future Auslot Races

MiChAeL

How about a slotit vis fly racing non magnet on a large routed track say liverpool

checkered flag raceway, I did some testing there last wednesday nite with my slotit audi & fly racing porsche GT1 EVO 2 , these cars are at home on this large track with long straights and wide corners they were a treat to drive. Just need to change the gearing for my next vist .

Regards Bo :P

How about a class of Ninco Pro Shock Porsches, possibly in unique colour schemes.

A few of us are going to do some Ninco Classics too, Austin Healey's, Jag XK120's, Cobra's.

Not sure if we could add Carrera Classics with the magnets removed. I'll have to do some testing.

Others that come to mind are the Monogram cars and Carrera Nascars.

:P

Cheers for now

Roland

heyo,

i'd be very keen to make the trip to liverpool for some racin.

how about a custom heavy vehicle race, eg trucks vs buses vs fire engines for example? perhaps a a minimum weight so that they are all fairly heavy.

just a though

Rene.

An unmodified car is like a blank sheet of paper, aching to be drawn on.

Ren's 3 lane routed track with analogue pits and 2 car sudden death.

What -- the Cobras are shelf queens ????

My facilities are such that I don't even have a shelf to put them on :P;):)

If we raced Cobras would it be only Ninco's with a NC1 motor or could the MRRC Cobras have a go too?

Dave

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

A heavy vehicle race sounds like it could be fun.

If/when Auslot arranges a race at Liverpool, I'd suggest that it be for fast cars to get the most out of the long and fast track.

The track is about 50m.

We'd be timing the heavy vehicles with an egg timer, and it could be a day / night race. :P

track-1a.jpg

;)

Steve K.

I have 7 different LMP cars on special at the shop.

Prices are $37 for the Fly versions and $33 for the Carrera versions.

I'll get the page updated this week for those that'd like to have a look online.

:D

Cheers for now

Roland

• 1 month later...

Moved this from discussion to Auslot race events, after the successful Auslot 500, we are looking to have a few more races in the coming months, next possible races are the next round of the trans am class, the ninco porsche pro shock cars and an open fly vs slot.it class.

auslotforums.gif

• 1 month later...

It will probably stay talk a bit longer as we are trying to fit in our remaining club races and all the work social gatherings that go on at this time of year. Our Willmot track is moving to Bo's place as Al is having a new house built soon so there are a few weekends of track building happening too.

Christmas is a difficult time of the year for a lot of us as work can be hectic but something is brewing for some races soon.

• 4 months later...

OK guy's. Christmas is over, Easter is almost passed too. So when is the next official Auslot event going to happen. In NSW if we get the Central coast guys and all the Sydney guys together we could have a pretty good meet and maybe even some of the Victorians, Tasmanians and Queenslanders could come along, you never know your luck? There is a heap of classes to choose from - Porsche 934 cup, Scalex V8's, TransAm ?? Any interest?

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

A heavy vehicle race sounds like it could be fun.

The track is about 50m.

We'd be timing the heavy vehicles with an egg timer, and it could be a day / night race. :lol:

heyo,

for the heavy vehicles i was thinking big motors, like the ones in the 1:24 cars that rip around the track, just with the longer bodies and no magets, i rekon the trucks and buses would get some wicked sideways action. (maybe even roll :) )

anyways, count me in on any race you guys have, i've been to liverpool and reckon its a kick ass track and would love to race someone on it.

cya

Rene.

An unmodified car is like a blank sheet of paper, aching to be drawn on.

Ren's 3 lane routed track with analogue pits and 2 car sudden death.