Are You Going To The 2006 Moto GP At Phillip Island  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Going To The 2006 Moto GP At Phillip Island

• Yes, Both Days
    • Yes, Saturday Only
    • Yes, Sunday Only
    • No, But Will Watch On TV
    • No, Not Interested

I'm just interested to see how many people are going to or watching the Moto GP this weekend. I won't be going as it's a bit pricey and motorbikes aren't my thing but I will probably watch some of it on TV.

What are the other members of the forum doing?

Cheers,

Frederick

My Dad has gone on holidays for a ride to Birdsville with some mates, they go every year. If he was going (which he usually does) I'd probably go with him, so my plan is tonight I will finish braiding the last lane on my track, so tomorrow Nathan is coming round...we are gonna do a few laps, have a few beers and watch practise/qualifying. Then Sunday I've booked the Mrs out so I have peace and uninterupted viewing pleasure. I went to the first 500cc GP in 89' with Dad. We had Honda special invitation passes: got pit straight seat, full use of corporate dining/drinking etc. Dinner with Kenny Roberts Sr, Wayne Rainey, Kevin Shwantz, & Kevin Magee.

Having Dad work for Honda has it's perks, I've met other riders like: Sete Gibernau, Mick Doohan, Okada (nolonger in motogp), Ant West (250's) , Alex Criville(retired). Unfortunately Rossi went to Yamaha as I reckon he'd be great in person!

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

No , I'm busy driving course cars at the Fujitsu series round at Mallala this weekend. :o  Terrible innit

Can you get some pics of the Production cars for me? I am converting a Scalextric V8 Falcon to a road GT and am planning to make one of the race cars in the series. I want to get some still shots so I can see if they run road wheels or not. The website is inconclusive.

I was hoping for James Philips car but it looks like he isn't there so any will do.

I want to race it in our restricted sedan class and wanted something interesting.

Oh, and I may watch it if I can spare the time but i like my weekends outside doing stuff.

Hi Vinno

I didn't see your post till late saturday night.

I'm in the chase car tommorrow ( sunday) so will be busy all day and we are stationed at the oposite end of the circuit from the paddock amd pitlane but I'll see what I can do for you. If I get a chance I'll nip over to the GT performance garages and get some stationary shots early in the morning.

I'm pretty sure they don't run road wheels.

Lenny.

Edited by lenny broke

Well my parents pootled down from Queensland for it so yesterday we took Luke along & today Chris is coming.

Luke was fun yesterday - he wanted a Valentino Rossi cap that's almost bigger than him and all the grid girls were sooo nice to him.. and since I was looking after him.. :D

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Hi All

Sorry Freddy. we seem to have hijacked your thread some what.

Vinno, I tried to get some piccys for you early this morning but the most of the GT performance garages were closed still when I went through and I couldn't hang around for long so sorry about that.

Lenny

It doesn't matter. Only 1 person (Eno) went to the race anyway. I watched for about 2 hours in the morning which included the 125cc class but motorbikes aren't really my thing. I got caught up in other activities and missed the 250cc and 500cc races. I really would've liked to have seen those races.

Cheers,

Frederick

Hi All

Sorry Freddy. we seem to have hijacked your thread some what.

Vinno, I tried to get some piccys for you early this morning but the most of the GT performance garages were closed still when I went through and I couldn't hang around for long so sorry about that.

Lenny

No worries. I was planning to go to the creek to see them late this year anyway. I can swap wheels whenever.

Turned out to be a funny day. They used to stop the race & restart it if it rained then it was done on times.. Nowadays you duck into the pits & grab a new bike with more apt tyres and it's confusing and brilliant!! :(

Freddy - If you're Mum & Dad get to know me I may allow you to come next year. :lol:

Luke chatted up all the girls.. a lot of them.. many of them asked where the little guy was today while I stooged about wit the bigger one.. :D

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.