Wdmcrg Round 8 2006

Vinno

Another weekend and another race. The headmaster and the Schu think I am slack because I have not posted the results fom our race two Saturdays ago. Of course there was nothing from our previous round, No 7, as I couldn't make it, so no slackers bothered to take up the challenge. C'mon headmaster arrange something!

Anyway back to the topic.

We raced our V8 host class first up. Nothing much happened and nothing important to report so lets move on shall we. Ok, so I lost my lead, but Joe was getting touchy about not winning that class too so we all thought it best to let him have a little head start coming into the last rounds.

wdmcrg2006901.jpg

Only one picture as there have been plenty of V8 pics before. Basically standard Scalextric current models with half of Blackwoods lead under them and standard tyres.

Results:

1st Joe

2nd Clinton

3rd Jamie

4th Devious Dave

5th Big Al

6th Charlie

then came Nigel, Cameron, Vince, Bo, Daniel, Schuey and Chris.

wdmcrg2006902.jpg

Second race was NC1 Classics. Devious Daves Ninco Healy leads a pair of Jags driven by Cameron and Nigel. Jamies Jag is gooone.

wdmcrg2006903.jpg

Big Al's Vette leads Cameron and some old Headmaster bloke in a Healy.

wdmcrg2006904.jpg

The old Headmaster struggling to keep the Healy straight as Big Al puts yet another lap on him.

Results:

1st Boring Joe again

2nd Jamie

3rd Bloody Headmaster sir!

4th Clinton

5th Bo

6th Vince

then came Devious Dave, Daniel, Cameron, Nigel, Alan and Paul's Jag which was excluded for being a bit beyond the rules. Someone said NC6 :lol:

wdmcrg2006905.jpg

Last was the Open Sports class. Joe's unbeatable Toyota did as it does and kicked our butts again. Here he leads Devious Daves Porsche and Cameron driving a Ninco Supra after the Fly Saleen blew a gearbox.

wdmcrg2006906.jpg

That bloody Toyota running away again with Cameron(Ninco Supra) Big Al (Nissan) and Daniel (Porsche) following.

wdmcrg2006907.jpg

Devious Dave's Porsche again with the fat man waving from the side of Daves car.

Results:

1st Joe again :huh:

2nd Vince

3rd Devious Dave

4th Bo and Jamie although Bo had the faster lap.

6th Clinton

then came Nigel, Daniel, The old Headmaster, Paul, Big Al and Cameron.

Yes Joe took the night well and truely this time so I think there will be some race faces on next time we race.

Thanks for the report Vince!

I would of liked to stay for the last two classes but as you know I had a baby to tend to. You wouldn't have the individual heat results by any chance would you? I'm not sure if I was hearing things, but I may have picked up my very first heat win in the last V8 race. I may be wrong though.

Cool pics as per usual.

Thanks for the report Vince!

I would of liked to stay for the last two classes but as you know I had a baby to tend to. You wouldn't have the individual heat results by any chance would you? I'm not sure if I was hearing things, but I may have picked up my very first heat win in the last V8 race. I may be wrong though.

Cool pics as per usual.

For some reason your email is not in our list. Send it to me and I will send them. Yes you did get a heat win in the last race by 0.1 of a lap. 14.50 laps to 14.40 laps.

You will have to wait though as I am shutting down for the night.

then came Devious Dave, Daniel, Cameron, Nigel, Alan and Paul's Jag which was excluded for being a bit beyond the rules. Someone said NC6 :lol:

???

How come my car was excluded? This is the first I've heard of this decision as the car runs a Ninco Jag chassis, Ninco NC1, Ninco classic wheels and Ninco classic tyres. It also has Ninco classic gears and Ninco axles. In fact, everything Ninco except a SCX E-type body.

Is there a new rule which states anyone winning a race with a car that they built must be doing something wrong and therefore excluded from the results?

And can I be told at the time of racing so I can run something that the judges consider acceptable.

I put a lot of work into this car, getting it to run well without any weight and therefore quick out of corners and braking better than most cars. It was built to fully comply with the current rules we race under. Yes the track is wider than the XK body which the chassis is off but the wheels still fit under the flared guards, just like the classic E-types used to run. I've also ran it at a few other Classic races where it didn't win (and wasn't disqualified).

Should I stop building my other unusual cars for fear that they may also win a race and be disqualified too?

May the downforce be with you.

I for one am not going to complain about how long it takes to get some pics up on the forum as our so called photographer does things in his own good time and tells me where to go whenever I ask the question.

I have noticed however whenever there is a meet where our photographer has a podium finish the pics seem to get posted much quicker. So I guess the answer is if we want the results and pics posted quickly let him win.

Good to see a picture of my healey up there not a bad result considering it is racing against those bigger wheelbase Jags

Thanks for the pics Vince (FINALLY)

The headmaster

How come my car was excluded? This is the first I've heard of this decision as the car runs a Ninco Jag chassis, Ninco NC1, Ninco classic wheels and Ninco classic tyres. It also has Ninco classic gears and Ninco axles. In fact, everything Ninco except a SCX E-type body.

Paul I think the scrutineers found that upon close examination one of the body screws on your car may not have been a Ninco part. I think I herd a comment from the scrutineers that it was a lightened and hardened screw made by Slot It.

I think they also noticed that the Phillips head on the screw was slightly burred which lightened it even more.

Personally I think it was a great pickup by the scrutineers :lol::P;):D

RIGHT. GLOVES OFF.

I'm sure I can find one part (or even a scratch) on that quick Healey of yours that isn't a genuine Ninco part (or scratch). In fact, now that I look at the photo I can see that the number on the side exceeds regulation 47:3 sub paragraph C which states "Black numbers on a white background must not exceed 12 mm in height when applied to blue English sports cars from the period March 1955 to December 1956".

And I bet the lead you have under the car doesn't have an official Ninco part number.

I'll be watching you. :lol::P;)

May the downforce be with you.

And I bet the lead you have under the car doesn't have an official Ninco part number.

Paul I can assure you that the lead in my Healey actually came from the old Ninco factory roof in Spain. As a matter of fact I think the Healey has the entire contents of the roof the thing is that heavy.

Charlie

Thanks for the results Vinno and the pics. Good work as usual. Good work with the Jag Paul, even after someone tried to sabotage it with a yellow sticker on the wheel it ended up on top. Actually, I think that's also cause for disqualification - putting a sticker on the tyres makes them more sticky and grip better??

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

Paul, I send out the results and as you see, I have you down as winner of the NC1 class. I haven't heard otherwise. Maybe your chain's being yanked. Dave.

I only posted the results as The Headmaster sent them. Notice my Carrera Mercedes wasn't excluded. That would only happen if Joe lost to it :o

Couldn't of been a good headmaster tho, have you seen how many spelling mistakes he makes on his posts

Paul

If I was actually a Headmaster you would not be allowed to race on Saturday's because you always turn up late to class.

And I suppose I would be sent outside for flatulence.

And Joe for wingeing.

And Daniel for not putting his hand up before yelling"MARSHALL".

And Devious Dave for making up his own rules.

And Al for talking about girls in class.

And Clinton for smoking.

And Jamie for licking his tyres

• 2 weeks later...