The Sadly Retired Tracks. Have Any Been Modelled In Scale?

Slotspeed

Have any of the retired circuits been recreated in scale? I really miss my local track Amaroo Park. Went there often as a kid, violated the spectator limits as a four year old, my Dad left me at pitlane with instructions to "stay there" whilst he and his mate went across the straight to put up an unauthorised promo banner for City Ford. Of course I lasted a few seconds before I ran across the straight to be with my Dad, today that would be viewed *pretty* badly in terms of parent responsibility. Vividly remember visiting the Clerk of the course in the control tower whilst my Dad's mate Tony asked for his sign back which of course had been confiscated. He didn't care so much that a child was left at the exit of pitlane, more focused on unauthorised promotional material being put up on a TV camera tower. Funny that the cameraman didn't care. Wonder which network was doing the TV coverage that day, I actually know quite a few old school TV camera ops who worked at Amaroo for ABCTV. My Dad also held a class record for the dirt short circuit at Amaroo for a little while. Funny that every second car bloke reckons he or his mate did the same at some stage. I do have some FTD trophies of my Dad's for the dirt short circuit to prove he was pretty quick.

So I'm thinking of creating a scale model of the main circuit of Amaroo. Would start with the layout of course, I'm not really into scenery but maybe in a few years I would be. Have any other Australian racetracks/circuits been recreated in scale? I think someone did Longford?

Getting very nostalgic here.

Steve.

Not coming up to a major milestone are you Steve?

That's usually when we get a bit nostalgic.

I know when I turned 50 I was thinking back, quite nostalgically, to when I was 49.

There were a couple around. Gazza did Oran Park and still has it. Boslot did Warwick Farm which went to Mario and then not sure what happened to it after that? Ontheflipside had Mount Salt Panorama which is Bathurst with a Rally track in it too.

Have a look through members home tracks there are a few.

Hi Vinno,

Thanks for the suggestion, I found the Oran Park 6 laner and there were quite a few photos of it in two different threads. I also realised I have (whoops) asked a very similar question to this before.

ZeGas, many reasons to be Nostalgic! Milestone coming up, also came across old photos including one myself and my brother as a kids at Amaroo Park. And other photos of my father competing at hillclimbs that no longer exist. I have driven past the old Amaroo Park site a few times recently, it sucks that there isn't much left of it to look at. You can make out a few cuttings (like stop/go straight) and the basic treeline at the extents of the site, but most of it is unrecognisable thanks to massive landscaping and you also can't see through houses so easily. I never got to drive it and I reckon it would make a nice layout, was a tight circuit but looked like it would flow very well as a slot car layout cut in wood. The closing corner "Dunlop Loop" would be fun I reckon.

Steve.