Nissan Skyline Group 5 By Sideways

SlotsNZ

They have just shown off the moulds for the first time

ETA is advised as start of 2020

sw70-2.jpg

sw70-3.jpg

sw70-4.jpg

Chassis: Podded - has the new rigid Sideways 5 point pod. Chassis can also take any Slot.it Pods

Motor: Slot.it Flat-6 20,500rpm 200 g/cm torque 10.25 watt, mounted a/winder with adapters for 0.5mm and 1.0mm offset

Axle & Gears - 2.38mm (3/32nd)

Gearing: Crown 28t (GA1628-pl) - Pinion 11t brass

Has adjustable height front axle - requires optional M2.0 Hex screws, not supplied with car

Hubs front: Plastic 16.5 x 8.2mm

Hubs rear: Alloy 16.5mm x 8.2mm

Accessories supplied with car: M2 allen key under box, adaptors for 0.5mm and 1.0mm offset of rear axle

SSD Upgradable: Yes, use Slot.it SP15b

• Upvote 1

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Yes - very nice, but what I'm really waiting for is the Schnitzer Toyota Celica Grp 5 in blue and white Rodenstock.....

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

would the long tail affect the handling?

I doubt it. The Sideways Porsche Moby Dick has a really long tail, but it weighs so little it is a great little runner

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

The Celica is scheduled for September, but messaging with Chris S. a few minutes back, I get the impression he is still not 100% certain it will roll out the doors on time.

That's the one - would make a great pair for me with my Sideways #52 Mampe Zakspeed Capri.....

I made both of those as Tamiya 1/24 ( ? ) static plastic kits too many moons ago......

I know there's talk of the Red /White Rodenstock Celica - but it's the blue one above I'll have, thanks....

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

• 5 months later...

Thought folks might like a sneak preview of what Racer-Sideways will be rushing through the factory in December

Should make it our way in January

sw70.jpg

• 3 months later...

Running a bit late - but apparently the boat with the box with the boxes inside with the pretty little boxes of cars inside them, is docking in France this week.

The dock workers there are apparently performing some kind of slow motion dance to protest their wages and holidays being slightly lower than those

of Monsiour Macron, so it is expected in the Sideways warehouse week three of March for a quick reversal of direction and back out the door to distributors.

sw70-1.jpg

I know for sure there will be at least one of that Skyline on our local club tracks the week after it is available.