Scaleauto Track System - You heard it here first folks

SlotsNZ

ScaleAuto have now announced the full specifications of their track system, including one item that surprised me - SIX Radii, with four being available for distribution shortly, then two further stages over the coming year. The prize for spotting the repeated typo is personal gratification, and the knowledge that English is probably your first language.

What you say, first Policar now this?

Well good I say, we now have two track systems under the management of dedicated hobby slotting companies. So this is all future-proofing for the hobby.

Here we have

a plastic track system from a dedicated hobbyist company which is suitable for both 1/32nd and 1/24th scale.

SIX radii means a very flexible design platform for club tracks.

With the sad decline in hand skills of the younger generation, we just don't have the future of hand built wood tracks we have been blessed with in the past.

They are offering the components in 4 units retail packing and 50 units bulk packing for club use - pricing is sharp, especially for the bulk pack product.

ScaleAuto%20Track0.jpg

ScaleAuto%20Track1.jpg

ScaleAuto%20Track2.jpg

ScaleAuto%20Track3.jpg

ScaleAuto%20Track4.jpg

ScaleAuto%20Track5.jpg

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hope it succeeds in the market. The adaptors to Carrera are an interesting addition, and would get the users of Carrera out of the dilemma that they have with the geometry and dimensions of the current system, and allow more variety of curve radii. Possibly not not much use to many until the track editors add the new radii of the Scaleauto track into their software.

Possibly not not much use to many until the track editors add the new radii of the Scaleauto track into their software.

If I can get motivated when full of coffee one morning, I'll knock one up, and send it off to Pierrick.

He already has the one for Policar and sends it out on request until he releases the next update of UR30.

I just need to get motivated... two hours of hard thinking for me

• Upvote 1

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Possibly not not much use to many until the track editors add the new radii of the Scaleauto track into their software.

If I can get motivated when full of coffee one morning, I'll knock one up, and send it off to Pierrick.

He already has the one for Policar and sends it out on request until he releases the next update of UR30.

I just need to get motivated... two hours of hard thinking for me

When I look back at the comment I made, it seems a bit lazy or unimaginative. But I know a lot of plastic track builders won't go there until they can design their layouts in software before they build them.

I know a lot of plastic track builders won't go there until they can design their layouts in software before they build them.

What is the world coming to?....it seems that plactic track design might be for plastic people.....I use paper and pencil to design a track.......but then I am an old fashioned git and know nothing.

Edited by munter
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

What is the world coming to?....it seems that plactic track design might be for plastic people.....I use paper and pencil to design a track.......but then I am an old fashioned git and know nothing.

I really like arranging different possibilities in software, I find it very relaxing! (though when I was a kid it was all done on the living room floor) Though I did suggest a certain track editor to someone and they rejected the idea because the track dimensions were metric!

• 5 months later...