Keith you BMW M1 was very well suited to this track

it just didn't miss a beat and handled this track beautifully

but my favorite car has to be Gas4it's BMW 320i

what a lovely looking and well set up car

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Thanks Capri-corn7 and the Napier team for running the final round. A nice compact track with plenty of interesting corners. Congrads to Peter Gunn for your first Round win, I think your M1 was just starting to hit it's straps! Congrads also to Gas4it and Lancelot for making up the rest of the podium. With Gas4it's 2nd placing in this round, he will have taken overall 1st place in the points table so congrads for being such a consistent top runner. My M1 on the other hand seemed to have lost something in the last 2 rounds and was steadily back peddling.... that's proxy racing.

Dave has asked me to complete the final points table and post it. Still haven't got all the entrants' class so the class positions is incomplete, but pretty clear overall and in each class who the top 3 are so congrads to them.

Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

Final points position below.

We had a number of equal placings in this last round, so after discussions with Dave, we looked at the qualifying position for the round to decide final finishing places for points allocation.

2018%20NZ%20Grp5%20Overall%20PTs%20Rnd%208.png?dl=0

Edited by Orakei Racer

Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

Congratulations to the top 3 in each class . and the overall win to Gas41T . well done to everyone else for providing a good field of Group 5 cars . Big thanks to all the round hosts and there support crew , Thanks to Dave for organising and running another awesome proxy , hope all goes well with your studies this year .

Edited by nitro0440

thanks Mike for getting the final results sorted up posted

damn computer stuffing out on me with a week to go

I have got most of the cars in the post over the last couple of day's

all the rest will be in the post tomorrow

congrats Gas41T for another proxy win, that BMW 320i is a absolute dream car

I should be back hosting in 2020 so I look forward to racing with you all then

thank you to all the hosts and their many helpers

if it wasn't for your dedication to slot cars we wouldn't have proxy racing

and thanks to all that have been involved by entering

I hope to see a few of you at the slot-it DTM challenge later in the year

as for the rest of you crazy slotcar racing mongrels Ka kite ahau ki a koutou katoa i ā tēnā tau { I will see you all next year }

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

David,

To you and the other contestants I want to thank you so much for the opportunity to participate in your proxies over the past two years. David your coordination and administration of these events have been unsurpassed. The participants and interaction has been great. I will miss not putting a car in the mail for one of the two great events you have hosted. Rossko great job and I will start to think of what I can do to represent the Group B class in the future.

I know that I am one islander that is humbled by the other two great island groups in Oceania. David best of luck in your studies and I hope get to see you all in person in the future.

Aloha

Dale

Thanks for running this series DC. My car arrived home today, cheers.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Both cars arrived back safe and sound this morning, have enjoyed the racing in NZ must say a great thank you to all the hosts and drivers for some very interesting racing over the last few years including the Can Am .

Will miss not getting cars ready for their long trip to the South this year , may i wish you David all the best in your studies and a big thank you for all you have done.

Hi David,

The Crapi returned home on Friday - in great condition after 2 seasons of proxy racing.... Would've liked to advise you earlier, but we had quite a storm go through here Friday afternoon and didn't get the internet back till this morning.....

Talk about withdraw symptoms......

Not sure what to do with the Capri now -what do others do with 'retired' proxy cars? Normally I strip and re-use some components, bare chassis and body re-attached and put on shelf.... Said shelf is getting rather full after all these years..

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?