Round 16 World Rally Proxy - Mt Salt Panorama Sydney Aus

Ontheflipside

MSP%20Pic_zpskc6wmra4.jpg

Stage 1 was run this afternoon and tonight with the help of Craig (TeamRedRacing)

Late finish after loosing, finding and fixing power to one section of the track :angry:

Hopefully I will be able to extract the scores and post in the morning before I head off to hospital for a hernia op. :huh:. Stage 2, if and when they let me out of hospital.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Thanks Guys. I hope to come home a couple of Kilos lighter :P

Results of stage 1. Driven by YT.

Stage%201WRP%2018%20MSP_zpswi1hz9ed.jpg

Apologies for raw results as I'm off to visit the butcher, so no time time to jazz up the sheet.

Gas4it's car on lap 6

Never experienced this before. Thought about gluing with some UV glue but unlikely to true/balance the wheel.

No%2027%20Damage_zpsglmntqmi.jpg

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

Had that happen on my car same as Rossko,s when i was first testing it last year and i am sure when they force the wheel onto those splined axles some get cracked and it doesn't break straight away but just gadually breaks, definitly a weak point and being on a rally car gets more banging on the wheels when driving on a rally track with scenery, all i could do with mine was order a complete new rear axle set , that's why i have differant coloured wheels front to back., and wish you well Mel take care.

Cheers Mel and Craig.

Commiserations to Gas41t. Worth trying to glue the wheel back together surely? Or borrow an axle from a spare car.

Take care Mel, I had a hernia repair a few years ago. Doc said two weeks off work and after the first week I was raring to go but behaved like a good patient and stayed off. When I went back in it wasn't long before I started to feel uncomfortable when walking... take it easy for a while - no clubbing for a couple of months !!

Leo

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

Cheers Mel and Craig.

Take care Mel, I had a hernia repair a few years ago. Doc said two weeks off work and after the first week I was raring to go but behaved like a good patient and stayed off. When I went back in it wasn't long before I started to feel uncomfortable when walking... take it easy for a while - no clubbing for a couple of months !!

Leo

Thanks Leo.Mine was part of the Naval which later caused some complications. Don't think I will be entering any sexy belly button competitions. I'm 80% back to normal :rolleyes: . Except when the wife drives over those sharp plastic speed humps :angry:

Plan is to run a stage later this afternoon.

• Upvote 1

Glad to hear that all went well.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Glad to hear that all went well.

Thanks Matey. Getting there (not sure where there is :unsure:)

BTW

Did a special super stage today. Faster but not as long as the main stages.

Also finished stage 3 (& final)

Too tired now to extract results. I'll be out most of tomorrow but plan to post results tomorrow night if my pain killers (Endone) don't shut me down too early

Results of the The "Special Super Stage"

The stage was run on the lower part of the track, away from the twisty mountain section

By adjusting the lane change flippers about 30% of the rally track is used and 20% of the open road section is used.

I thought running this stage would throw the cats amognst the pigeons a bit more but in hindsight the stage should have been run longer.

Hence the results were close.

Stage 3 has been run and won. So I will add the score sheets later today

Stage%202%20WRP%2018%20MSP_zpsbkhphkbg.jpg

A few Pics the wifey took during the Special StageNo%2054%20%20Scud%20No88%20Aqua%20K_zpsjaq3pbqy.jpg

AquaKiwi's car took a short cut through the sand trap and actually ended up in the slot the other end. Not an unusual occurrence to be honest :P

No%2017%20Phils%20Car%20Jump_zpsjdmeoc5k.jpg

Just the right amount of air over the jump

No%2036%20Barbs_zpskcys9akg.jpg

Almost lost it Barbs

No%207%20Alexis_zps5pnwifmu.jpg

Some visitors from Corfu (Greece) sailed into Salt Pan Creek to cheer Alexis on

Stage 3 and final @ Mount Saltpanorama

WRP%202018%20Rnd%2016%20MSP_zpso632vgkc.jpg

Stage - 1 and 2 both run over the same distance

Different drivers for both stage 1 and 2

Stage 1 - was run in cool conditions but it did warm up heaps 3/4 of the way through

Stage 2 - temperature varied sufficiently (10deg) to have an impact on results.

Series points sheet will be posted in the morning (Thursday 15th Nov) and to announce the 2018 WRP Series Winners

Edited by Ontheflipside

Wow, thanks guys, I'll take that! Like a Stradavarius and a good fart, my car is getting better as time passes!

Bit of a bugger with Rossko's car, all that good work scuppered by a cracked hub :(

Keep on the mend Mel, and next time you are in Blighty doing your Boaty McBoatface thing, make sure us Poms have enough notice so we can meet up and look at Little Ern's scar. Heed Leo's advice, do bugger all like the Doc told you.

wosautos12.gif

Yes very bad luck Rossko at least you have the satisfaction of knowing you had a car capable of 10 podium spots so you have a good basis to start on for next year , i could only manage 1 3rd place, with a car i thought better than last years but that's the way it goes.

I have been banging on about alloy wheels back to the SCX days but i suppose it would need major changes to the cars , axles, gears to start with as well as alloys all round so may not be viable with scaley cars being used, cost wise.

Winners of last round (16) at MSP

2018%20WRP%20MSP%20Winners_zpsa2xtjyb3.jpg

Top 10 finishes in series points - well done all :rolleyes:

Cars in picture are in car # order Left to Right.

Overall 1st, 2nd & Third announced later today. A bit more checking to go.

2018%20WRP%20top%2010%20Winners_zpsau4w1qzd.jpg

2018%20WRP%20Series%20Winners_zpsbrq75fre.jpg

Congratulations to these winners. Cars were smooth and great to drive. Well done everyone

Hopefully we will see many of you next year with possibly a new format.

A big thanks to all the hosts who spend many hours running rounds.

Also to all those who helped out in keeping the series running while I was often somewhere close to rounds being run in the UK and Greece.

WRP%202018%20after%20Rnd%2016%20and%20final%20results_zps0y3b5zyx.jpg

• Upvote 1