Sorry, No New Content Found.

munter

Actually looking forward to working on some cars when I get back. I need to get cracking on my proxy car for the Bathurst Proxy again and want to work on one of the Monaro’s when time permits.

We are also planning an upgrade of the forum but had been working out how to do it without too much disruption.

We are also planning an upgrade of the forum but had been working out how to do it without too much disruption.

Bathurst weekend mate. No one will notice it is down. We don't mind if Jacob misses the race . . . . hope he doesn't read this.....

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

• 1 month later...

Upgrade testing in progress at the moment. A lot of issues we have been having will be fixed and we will probably have a different look. Hopefully this sparks some interest but either way it will give us some more life in here and allow new members to join up again without it being done manually.

Facebook is ok, have a look there regularly for all things slot related but always come back to the forums to find out information etc, facebook is always hard to find something again and again

Unfortunately for forums there is the photo issue. There are so many good reference threads in here where the photos on photo host sites have disappeared. Free hosting is ok but if you want to have good storage it is always better to pay a fee with a host and have your photos up indefinitely.

Unfortunately the storage a forum like ours has available is limited so we can’t offer this type of service. In an ideal world this would be the way to go but we are only a hobby and don’t want to see it end up a business. This place is here because of the long term users so we need to stay viable.

• 4 months later...

I think you are right John - slowly slipping away.

No news on Slot Forum about the toy fair - SCI has had server issues and when you can get on it seems to be a lot of HO chaps posting - Groups popping up all over the shop on Fb - which kinda sucks because Facebook is not the ideal medium for a forum. I don't think it is only auslot that is waining. HRW is going ok lots of activity on there. I do find Auslot to be the quietest of the fora I visit.

The photo hosting thing did limit my posts to forums.

Edited by dangermouse

I try to post things on Auslot as well as Slotforum , but to be honest there is very little going on anywhere which is getting reported i don't do any of this crap like facebook because i,m a dinasour, prefer forums , i also think except for the hardliners in the sport there is very little in the way of young blood coming in to join us.

And us oldies are not imortal as we gradually head of to race on that slot track in the sky ( in my case that one down under so to speak ) there are very few to take things forward.

But i have a few ideas for articles which as time permits i will submit on Auslot. :rolleyes:

The forum is nothing like it was when I joined in '09'.

I'm still on here most days, don't say much though, never have.

Now it's all those bloody Kiwis :P and Proxy racing.

I must say though, without those Kiwis there wouldn't be much on Auslot at all.

I'll keep posting pics of my restorations/scratchbuilds etc but I only do as I like talking to myself, shhhh, someone might be listening or looking.

I'm kidding, I do like having a reference of what I've done, especially when they're not my cars and I have to give them back once I've finished them.

I don't mind Facebook for looking for slot car related stuff, but post a picture of what you're having for dinner and I'll p!@s you off.

Now it's all those bloody Kiwis :P and Proxy racing.

I knoooooow, hideous, they should be banned

• Upvote 1

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol: