Ips 2017 Round 6 Murray Farm Raceway (Aus)

Quote Tony

Hello All!

And it’s a big welcome back to a few returning visitors, but mostly, G’Day - to a lot of first time visitors. Great to have you all drop by. Murray Farm Raceway is a 2 lane Scalextric Sport layout 58.5’ long (17.8 metres), copper taped with 5 power taps around the track. Variable voltage at each driver’s station fed by a 25 amp 13.8 volt regulated power supply through PC controlled relays. Power is clean and consistent around the lap. This event will be run at 12 volts at each lane.

Pictures of the track can be found in my Album on SCI. Another folder within my Album on SCI has photos of all the entered cars, please help yourself……

“Qualifiying” was held this chilly afternoon – following on from driving the cars on The Streets Of Oakhurst at the last round, I had a bit of an idea of what to expect, but as always – there are a few surprises…..

Just about all the cars went through ‘qualy’, without any problems…. The #68 Corvette was circulating nicely (pause to build dramatic tension….) and then a front wheel insert decided it really didn’t want to go around and around anymore and exited, stage left…. After a severe talking too and a forceful insertion, it’s back in place…. The #111 GTO started off were it left off from Sunday – pretty quick smooth etc, and then it started spluttering, hiccupping whatever you want to call it around the track. There is something about the motor that is not getting along with my SCP-1 controller I was using. Changing to my MB Slot controller and everything is fine, likewise a standard Parma resistor controller but there is something weird going on with the PWM controller… The motor does have a really vague smell about it, but it does go ok and the times are still good…

Attached is the qualifying spreadsheet….

The Round is planned to be run this coming Sunday July 16th. Good luck to all, and thanks for letting us experience your masterpieces…

Results

Overall

Congratulations to Audi1 and sh0wtym37 for their first (i think) podium in qualy

35468573540_62a1cdf60a_z.jpg

Mid engine class

35468573750_db92c2f371_z.jpg

Slimine class

Congratulations to Brumos for pole and to Double-B and curef for their maiden podium in the class

35468573660_3fec0979ac_z.jpg

Front engine class

Congrats to podiumites

35046987733_769467b79c.jpg

Photos here

Edited by alexis in greece
gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

I'm a bit confused, what happened to round 5 results from Rossko's Oakhurst track.

Quote Tony

"Hi All,

Well we had a fun day experiencing these wonderful cars.....

Thanks for letting us be a part of this proxy, and thanks to Rossko and John - your pilots for today...

Neither had driven Murray Farm Raceway before, although after 15 or so laps, you'd never know..... yo.gif

The racing was keenly fought out, very close with no mechanical issues of any note - the PC through a bit of a hissy fit at one point, but no real damage done (my hair was already grey...)

Twas only when the final scores were tallied up and the final placing's determined that the true picture emerged - things were pretty close throughout many parts of the field....

Attached are the full final results and concourse scoring, but in Summary may I say a big congrats to:

first.gif #30 Neo (M) - 49.8 laps

second.gif #86 Mitch 58 - 49.1 laps

third.gif #2 GAS41T - 48.5 laps

In Concourse, it was:

first.gif #25 - Audi1

second.gif #68 - ZeGas

third.gif #4 - GT6

"

Thanks Tony and team for hosting this round and for posting the results in excel format ,it really saved me some work.

Congrats to podium winners Neo,Mitch and Rossko and to Monte for whom 5th is his best result so far this year.

Race results overall

35570782580_db42f58a18_o.jpgRace by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

Mid engine class

35119335134_6b3bb46297_o.jpgrace m by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

Slimline class congrats to Brumos aquakiwi and Charlesx for beating Nick fair and square in this rond

35119335024_2874ae126a_o.jpgrace sl by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

Front engine class congrats to Neo and Freddy for their podiums

35827219021_7ca1750497_o.jpgrace f by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

Standings overall

35959336915_633578e8bd_o.jpgStandings by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

Mid engine class

35959337805_609edd7d75_o.jpgStandings m by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

Front engine class

35570782040_d61c6af516_o.jpgStandings f by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

Slimline class

35570781390_5797d4af4b_o.jpgStandings sl by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg