2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Hi guys

Well there we go, Stage 1 of Round 5 completed...! :P

It tended to favour the Deltas and RS200s, which in gerneral handled slightly better than the 6R4s and Quattros. It is the inside lane of our 3 lane race circuit, which has a couple of quite wide sweeping corners, so for those cars which did a bit of sideways skipping under acceleration, it was a bit of a struggle. Teamred's entry springs to mind.... :wacko:. THis track is pretty quick, in fact faster than all our other rally tracks, so is a good test of the power delivery of the various cars. See the best lap time data, which also gives an indication of suitability for this track. But....other factors come into play on our other tracks.... B)

@Peter Gunn....yes indeed, you are leading for the offs column :o . Your car is pretty quick, but can lull you into a false sense of security, which Steve found when driving it....and he is arguably the most consistent quick driver at the club. Hopefully, this was your "bad" stage.... :rolleyes:

@Alexis - you're correct, the Lancias seemed to have the right sort of chassis length and width to suit this track. Just a little bit of controllable tail out, unlike the 6R4s, which, being much shorter, were a bit twitchy at speed.

Just under 19 seconds between the 19 cars, so no big favourites, nor any well-adrift "tail-end Charlies", which is good.

All cars underwent a light service (oil, braids and tyres) prior to testing, whilst Alexis' car broke its guide post during the testing, so that was replaced by a new guide. Must have been some rough off-road tracks in Wales.... :lol:

Other than that, no major problems were evident, although some cars were a tad noisy - gear noise mainly. However, I did note that a number of cars had front tyres that weren't properly round and some wheels weren't vertical, so this will affect the running. Most rear tyres looked OK, but again, a few were a bit "unround" and sat a bit "unsquare" on the track. :wacko:

All good fun eh...?

Thanks to Steve Morrow for driving, Mike Buss and Mike Dove for marshalling and of course Barbs, for putting up with us and supplying hot tea and coffee, which kept us semi-sane...! :lol:

Bye for now

Cheers

Dave

Edited by slotcarmann

Sorry folks

I just typed in a report for Stage 1 - and I got kicked out by the forum after I tried to post it. So now I'm struggling to post with both my laptop and this PC, plus I have no Photobucket...! :angry:

I will try to swap over a newer PC for this one, which is a bit long in the tooth (like me).

I will be posting photos and video clips as soon as I can get these problems resolved.

I will have some more stage results in the next couple of days.

Cheers

Dave

cheers for running this stage Dave and crew.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

All cars underwent a light service (oil, braids and tyres) prior to testing, whilst Alexis' car broke its guide post during the testing, so that was replaced by a new guide. Must have been some rough off-road tracks in Wales.... :lol:

Thanks Dave for the repair,i think the car was fitted with an MB guide,if so it is the 4th or 5th broken its not due to the Wales tracks,its the lousy quality of this guide

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Thanks Dave and Co.

Well at least I'm ahead of the other Audi's

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Thanks Dave and to your mates for a good stage. Looks like there used to driving easy cars :P:D .Was gob smacked with my result but hey thats the way the ball bounces. Just got to look forward to the next stage and hope the heck that navvy of mine doesn't have his head back in the Playboy again :lol: . Mel , take it in boy . Your car finally found a track it likes :P:o:D .Will have to go to another photo site as well as lost all my previous pics due to Photobuckets greedyness.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.