Round 10 The Final

kalbfellp

The Raid vehicles have run the final round for this year.

A surprising result, even to me!

Rusty's truck struggled on the two very tight corners in both directions,I think this is mainly due to the tyres having too much grip and the longer guide lenght.

AMCC Lancer also had the same problems in direction two where the hair pins are both down hill, the lancer would not slide.

Mivesons Buggy went very well in the first direction.

Craigs " Toe Rag" was great to drive,I think if this car had just a bit more grip it would be a winner.

Gassit rear wheel is still giving problems, had to re glue it again,alloys next year?

Raid%20Results%20Image_zpsfmqctbh6.jpg

Even though we only had 6 Raids finish the event I think there is a lot of interest in these beasts.

Some more development and 40 shore eurethanes should be the answer.

WRC car are next up soon,watch this space.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the top spot for this round Phil.

Well done Miverson and the Grand Kids for your spots on the podium too.

Thanks to all the hosts for putting my big truck at the top of the board when all was said and done...

Congrats to the Grand Kids and Gas41t on their overall podiums...

Must admit though, I'm a little disappointed that I didn't manage a podium clean sweep...

I will definately have a raid vehicle entered again, but as so many people do, the big orange truck will be retired after it's win.

I have been working on a pair of SCX raid trucks, but, they are just 'slow'.

Very fun to put 10g behind the rear bumper and pull massive wheelies everywhere though.

Thanks Mark.

Well done to rusty a very well earned win. Also congratulation to the others on the podium,AMCC and Gassit.

Rusty keeps telling me the BMW is a good car, I now tend to agree But think the Touareg probsbly has plenty of potential.

The challenge for next year is for some one to get an SCX working! Who is up for the challenge?

Thanks to the brave entrants that made this very first Oz Rally Raid event some great fun.

Pics will follow in the next few days, I did try and convince " boss " productions to produce a video but did not have any luck!

Thanks Phil for running the final round. A shame my car didn't make it but I had already learnt everything I was going to learn from the series. Will be interesting to see the progression of these cars over the next few years if they continue running. They are a tough car to make fast and consistent and not what I would call fun to drive. Time will tell.

Well done to SR for claiming to spot, I wonder how many utes will line up next year? Also big props to all of the other entrants who made it through to the end.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Thanks Phil for the last round . I might leave the tyres as they are with the tread patten next time too see how it goes . Thanks again for running the series and to Shadow , get a real raid truck instead of that redneck ute :D . No really congrats on a good truck it deserved the victory . Also hoping to see more raids in next year . Hey Mark thanks to you as well for the point scoring .

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

IMG_2504_zps7vxwkqxs.jpg

Rustys Truck about to hit the dreaded hairpin.

IMG_2505_zpsfqbywxok.jpg

Unless the speed was spot on the truck would just not get around this corner.

But even with a poor finish here it has easily cleaned up the series, well done.

IMG_2528_zpsquvc8rd2.jpg

The Avant lancer had the same problem on the down hill run in Stage 2.

The first few rounds looked like this may have been the car to beat BUT Rusty and Gassit have managed to prove that wrong.

P1020015_zps3iuqwqoi.jpg

My slow BMW was good and easy to drive on this track,Probably because it was setup for it!

P1020018_zpsmbjer0or.jpg

Mivesons Buggy was areal surprise just easy to drive and handled the difficult corners well.

IMG_2506_zps19wuncgu.jpg

Craigs VW really impressed me,it had problems with this tight corner onto and off the bridge, but it is close I think marginally better tyres will make this one a podium car more often.

P1020017_zpshgz3d1vn.jpg

Gas41T BMW had no real problems just needed more grip for this surface. But its 3 wins has resulted in a third place for the series.

P1020034_zpsuaqzlxrz.jpg

The podium for this round.

Final%20podium%20best_zpss0zbhy7g.jpg

The top 3 for the Series well done Rusty,AMCC and Gas41t.

While Rusty ended with a good points lead the Truck did only had two wins, AMCC Lancer, and the BMW of Gas41T both had 3 wins BUT he also had some very average rounds as well.

So there is really no dominant vehicle in this very first Oz Rally Raid event.

Thanks to all entrants who had a bash with these monsters.

I hope you will all be back next year.

Edited by kalbfellp

Thanks to all the hosts for getting me the overall top spot.

Really suprised with the series win by the big truck... And it really is big.

The only real issues were the long wheelbase, and the extra high grip rear tyres.

Double thanks to the competitors... Some very close results amoungst the field.

Thanks Phil for another excellent race report...

Any thoughts yet on next years RAID rules?

I've started working on next years Raid car...

And believe it or not, I'm currently leaning towards a SCX VW (With a Ninco BMW as the backup plan)...

Just waiting on some gears to arrive to get the gearing right...

That damn 10:14 layshaft before the traditional 9:27 is killing any straight line performance...

I'll possibly be running 11:14 and 9:24, which will still be 'shorter' gearing than the Ninco's, but it should be in the ball park.

Also, young Dylan wants to enter my other Pro Truck next year, so we will see if we can get it up to, and preferably beyond, the pace of the 'Orange Monster'.

Well done to all you Raiders.

I think it would be a really good idea if you guys started a thread or two on how to set up and tune one of these thingies. I have got the vehicle but have no idea where to start. :unsure:

Top idea, just some of your secrets would be appreciated.

Well done to all you Raiders.

I think it would be a really good idea if you guys started a thread or two on how to set up and tune one of these thingies. I have got the vehicle but have no idea where to start. :unsure:

Top idea, just some of your secrets would be appreciated.

When my Truck gets back, I'll post up the stats for all to see...

PS. Anyone want to start a RAID Truck Tuning Thread to post it into?

lol.

Big cheer for the organisers 👍

Congrats to all involved

It was my 1st oz rally "I'm hooked"

Can't wait for next year

Congrats to shadow & AMCC on the podiums

My BMW is standard with weight added an the axels locked up, that was all I did it is 167g but I'll be taking a heap out of it for next year

When it gets home I'll post pics of my chassis for all to see

Thanks phil great series

Rossko

Edited by GAS41T

The WRC Class has been run and won.

Here are some pics of the action.

IMG_2513_zpsu4woa4of.jpg

Gas's Did not like the down hill hairpin is stage 2 BUT a good car.

IMG_2514_zpsepsjedxw.jpg

The best!

IMG_2518_zpsxnd2kbr1.jpg

Alexis sounds like a rally car, good car,just missing some thing,maybe a change of balance?

IMG_2521_zpsvuwaw1qe.jpg

AMCC easy to drive maybe a bit less weight or gearing change.

IMG_2523_zpsuedpuafj.jpg

NTZ just too light for this track.

IMG_2524_zpsahflj8rv.jpg

Charles returned again and improved a bit more, maybe next year.

P1020019_zpsfuwweaup.jpg

Knealer car was fast and very easy to drive, maybe a little more weight to make it a bit easier to drive,great car.

P1020022_zpsnfq5aueg.jpg

Very close hope this one returns after a little more tuning.

P1020024_zpsmcdsgmmk.jpg

Mels car was slow,too much dirt!

P1020025_zpsym34wqxj.jpg

Fabians has too much grip for some corners,very wide rear tyres.

P1020027_zpswupx4aoz.jpg

Gazzas car suffered from worn rear bearings,making it very bouncy.

P1020031_zpsb0jp1ms7.jpg

Embers crumble was smooth BUT could not be pushed to its limit.

These car are all great cars,not a bad one out of them all. Slo1quicks was just a bit better than the others again!

WRC%20%20Results_zpst2luk1xk.jpg

IMG_2525_zpsjcxekril.jpg

The podium for the final round. Well done all.

A very high standard or cars this year,all of you should be proud of your entries.

Edited by kalbfellp

Thanks for the great run Phil. Third 2 years in a row for my Subaru so perhaps car has plateaued. We will see.

Just got replacement in mail today or it might be running mate for Subaru and Ford RS200. Trouble is no rally track.to test on.

Not making any false promises this time about building one so we will just have to wait and see.

Had hoped Munter's track in Napier might have been full rally track but more a single lane test track with lots of wiggles down one side and big long straight on other. 5-6hour drive away anyway.

Congrats to the other podiumites and a special big thanks to all the organisers, drivers and helpers.

Looking forward to Historic.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Congrats to the podiumites...

Thanks again to Phil for yet another great race report...

improved from last few places to 5th this year. this wide rear provided amazing results on fast track but way to much grip on some twisty one. Overall i am happy. Let see for next year if i can improve further. i need to change the rear wheels from narrow to wide. i will find the right balance!

Thanks a lot for running this competition guys, it was again fun to tune and then follow up the results.

Thanks for the run Phil. Congratulations to those on the podium. And the biggest congratulations to all the hosts and helpers for taking on such a huge task.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Nice job Phil well done appreciate all the work ,congrats to the top 3 in a class of their own in my humble opinion , and to all who have taken part and ran a very successful series well done , as regards the Celica may be it,s last proxy working on what may be it's replacement now. :)

Really, really happy!! :)

Congrats to the Grand kids and Charles on the final podium, and to all the others on the podiums.

Thanks Phil for the round and for heading this proxy to make it the well run and exciting series it is!!

Thanks and well done to all the hosts, helpers and drivers too!!

To finish off on top, ahead of a bunch of really good cars is a very pleasing result,

Good luck to everyone for next year!

Cheers