Guess This Circuit

ZeGas

Pricing up ZeGas Raceway put it out of reach, it was a bit of an ambitious project to say the least.

So I have scaled down a bit.

The is a replica of a world famous circuit, it will be almost exactly 1:140 of its original size, is cheaper to construct and it will fit into my shed.

Anyone like to guess the circuit.

Model_1.jpg

Also if anyone would like to finish off the ROC track I am willing to part with it to make way for this project.

PM if you want more details.

Bloody good guess it is similar in shape but I probably should have said "World Famous in New Zealand".

Big clue for any kiwi out there.

Might be Pukekohe then

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

ESPSIX was on the right track, it is a street circuit.

I'm going to try and replicate the best bits of the scenery for it probably at 1:43 scale.

Could do the whole circuit @ 1:140 but it would like a bit silly with the 1:32 cars running round.

here's a couple of photos of a couple of the buildings I'll try.

Capture-01.JPG

Another clue in the pub photo

Capture-02.JPG

Yeah Paeroa it is. Not sometimes though, annually.

Of course it is famous, it is a play of a typical kiwi phrase.

"World famous in NZ". Which is used as the advertising slogan for L&P or Lemon & Paeroa. (a beverage ... fizzy drink)

Probably lost on aussies though.

It is known as the hacksaw circuit due to its shape surprise surprise.

I like most forms of motor racing including not just cars but bikes and 4x4 as well no eggs in one basket here.

Anyway was struggling to find the finances for the big build and saw that sidecars will be making a comeback this year in the slot market, got quite excited.

The inspiration came from this I guess in the same way as I got inspired by the ROC a few years back so built a track based on that.

I've raced round this circuit and it is a fantastic ride. Also it is a town with a lot of historic buildings from various eras so could be entertaining to replicate.

Construction starts mid to late Feb.

Edited by ZeGas

Should be an interesting build. Actually SlotMods are working on something of a similar shape currently.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Thanks for the downer Lynn

Now I have to compete with them, no competition there they have almost unlimited resources.

Do you have a link to their build so I can hack in and remove all records :ph34r: or failing that get some ideas B).

Now I have to compete with them, no competition there they have almost unlimited resources.

Do you have a link to their build so I can hack in and remove all records :ph34r: or failing that get some ideas B).

It certainly wasn't intended as such. The shape simply reminded me of what they are currently working on. The unusual thing for them is that it will be a speed track.

15925_926707537370004_8139398666248484497_n.jpg?oh=dd1239be72ebe28b843cc4c91ecc4033&oe=555B9342&__gda__=1431844671_a50c5f3261a3c45d5b09e7739a572fa1

Image from the Slot Mods USA FaceBook page. No word yet as to scenic stylings.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Speed track with a cross over that'll go down well no doubt.

No worries on your initial comment my response was tongue in cheek.

It certainly wasn't intended as such. The shape simply reminded me of what they are currently working on. The unusual thing for them is that it will be a speed track.

15925_926707537370004_8139398666248484497_n.jpg?oh=dd1239be72ebe28b843cc4c91ecc4033&oe=555B9342&__gda__=1431844671_a50c5f3261a3c45d5b09e7739a572fa1

Image from the Slot Mods USA FaceBook page. No word yet as to scenic stylings.

This is Germany's Norisring circuit which ran beside an old jail so no doubt that will be part of the scenery and it is totally lined with guardrails and trees.There is going to be a squeeze section in the esses as well as the crossovers.

Kids & I got busy this arvo and made a mock Paeroa (as best as can) with Scaley track.

Haven't had a run yet the kids took over, but I think it looks good.

IMAG2140.jpg

How close is too close.

I am looking at putting a squeeze in at the switchbacks.

I have the lane CL's 17.5mm apart.

This is based on 3mm slots and 3/16th (4.76mm) braid with about 5mm between the braid edges for each slot.

Is this too close, I can see a possibility of arching with the cars braids as it would be a positive negative issue, but would it reach across 5mm.

Most of my cars guide to wheel dimensions are in the range of 17mm internal to 33mm outer.

Should the squeeze be outside of the greater dimension or does it really matter.

Paeroa-Close_1.jpg

What gap have others used and what problems has it caused.