Round 6 Mount Salt Panorama - Oz Rally Proxy 2014/15

Ontheflipside

Banner2014_15OzRally29Feb_zps91a8d753.png

The round is up and away

car35_zps803a512c.png

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Only 9 seconds per lap off the pace :)

Ben , your car did not like the suede at all . At some parts of the track , it was flat out getting up the hill traction wise . It was a go slow approach and just cruise up it , dont flog it or it just stood still spinning wheels. Mine had a bad stage as well , it went ok , it just looked like it was to top heavy. Thats going to put me back a peg on the standings .

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Only 9 seconds per lap off the pace :)

Ben , your car did not like the suede at all . At some parts of the track , it was flat out getting up the hill traction wise . It was a go slow approach and just cruise up it , dont flog it or it just stood still spinning wheels. Mine had a bad stage as well , it went ok , it just looked like it was to top heavy. Thats going to put me back a peg on the standings .

Yeah I knew that before the car turned a wheel, the Avant tyres have no grip on my track which is suede, they are even worse on paving paint.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

RaidPodium_zpsa3182bce.png

RaidStart_zps5fef4740.png

Raid18_zps9081b784.png

Raid19a_zps0e585514.png

Raid19b_zps5592f198.png

Raid17a_zps128006be.png

Raid20a_zpsbaff5fe2.png

Raid21b_zps3a5e9402.png

Raid17b_zpsb5aee688.png

Raid21_zps58efb532.png

Raid20b_zps11081a18.png

Raid15_zps15eec30f.png

Raid14_zps17e02738.png

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

Results for the Historics - only one stage approximately 8 minutes

Score_zpse11495e1.png

Embs, You can blame Craig for my car sneaking past yours, he was driving this stint ;)

TRR_zpsc87ee01c.png

And the winners . . . .

Podium_zps6e3aae2a.png

The WRC cars stage has been run and won, details tomorrow.

Probably better that he did, Mel, otherwise it'd be an MSC mess on the podium. Just nice to see the car doing so much better than in earlier rounds.

Congrats Keith, Gas41t and Mel for the podium. Well done. And thanks to Craig for driving.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Thanks guys, looks like taking the magnet out of the Metro was a bad move! The car is not as good as last year.

Note to my self,to build my cars before helping the kids with their cars!

I thought Fabians Alpine might have been well up on this track, was it a grip problem on the suede?

Congratulations to the podium guys,well done. Looks like a search is on to find something to beat the RS200's next year.

I thought you made that note last year Phil. Next year make sure you read it.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Probably better that he did, Mel, otherwise it'd be an MSC mess on the podium. Just nice to see the car doing so much better than in earlier rounds.

Congrats Keith, Gas41t and Mel for the podium. Well done. And thanks to Craig for driving.

Actually I was driving Embs but my trigger cramped up halfway through, results of a dog bite down in Ben_m's territory a few months ago. Just looking at one of the sheets and I was actually driving your car. Craig drove the top half of the field (as their current position in the series). Your car was running mostly at sub 30's - pretty good IMO

Thanks guys, looks like taking the magnet out of the Metro was a bad move! The car is not as good as last year.

I thought Fabians Alpine might have been well up on this track, was it a grip problem on the suede?

Congratulations to the podium guys,well done. Looks like a search is on to find something to beat the RS200's next year.

Your car was almost a second a lap quicker this year Phil.

Fabians car was doing great times and gripping very well all over the track. If anything too much grip on the Suede Texture with the speed it has. One off under the bridge at the on ramp two steps from the marshal didn't help. Although I think we paused the RC but still that lap show's 3.3 seconds slower

Poor phone pic at the time but gives an idea of location. Even with a marshal right there at the time it's at least a 2.5 sec delay.

car22off_zpsac7ceaa4.png

Over all the best bunch of Historic cars i have had on this track. With half the field in the 29's that is awesome.

Mivesons car was a challenge but fun car to drive, nearly choked on a coffee once :rolleyes:

Well done to the top three, was hoping my Stratos would be a little better than last years, maybe I need to swap makes and fire my mechanic.

Or sack the drivers B) Your Strato was up against a pretty tough field

Thanks guys for the win in Raid...

Congrats to the rest of the field.

Congrats to the podiumites in Historic...

How did you get my sludge mobile up to 6th?

That's light years ahead of the previous few rounds...

Final group of Cars - 1000m enduro and all cars survived :rolleyes:

StartWRCProxyatMSP_zpsf325fba8.png

FinalResults_zps77aa5e53.png

PodiumWRCMSP_zps64373d62.png

Great bunch of cars and after 10 minutes each there is not much between them really especially when there are the odd offs.

Well done to these guys and to everyone really.

Pics of these and Classics possibly at the end of the weekend - 100's to go through and edit ^_^

Thanks Mark, forgot to send you the Spreadsheet :unsure: