Round 9 Athens

alexis in greece

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... At least the cars haven't been kidnapped and held for ransom. Thanks Alexis.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I started checking the cars #2 through #19,run 10 laps each,taped the rear tires brushed the braids.Found the following problems:

-#10 miveson windshield , rear missing ,front cracked

-#9 OTFS,frozen transmission,left rear wheel was rubbing the chassis,i pushed it back but i'm afraid it will not stay in place long,request permisiion to glue the wheel on axle

-#19 Branco,left chicken leg blocked resulting in bad contact,bent it a little and oiled it,seems ok

-#14 my car,i found an axle attached on it with scotch.I dont recall it beeing repaired,anybody has more info?

-Cars #7 and #10 sounded too noisy,if i have time after i check all the cars i will open them and check

I liked cars #15 Deamontweeks and #18 Shadow Rusty

Finally i tached the cars by attaching (using blue tack) a reflective surface to one of the rear wheels, here are the results

#2 4200

#4 5800

#5 5100

#7 3900

#8 3700

#9 4450

#10 3600

#11 4300

#13 4300

#15 4900

#17 4700

#18 5300

#19 4750

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Thanks for the repair Alexis.

What a big difference in the motors.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Surprised by the special mention of my Car...

Thanks

Also surprised that it's the second 'fastest' free spinning...

Cleaned / Checked / Chose that motor out of 4 by ear. Easily the smoothed of the 4, and seemed to have a little more RPM than the others too.

Interestingly, this motor was removed from friend car for 'under performing' in our 'RX-82B' SCX modern rally class.

Now I'm really looking forward to the actual running...

Desperately need some points to stay in the top 10...

Second batch of cars #20 through #66

I encountered the following problems

-#27 Gas41T its a Focus not a Subaru ,then i'm afraid the motor is blown it needs to be push-started

-#30 Fuzzy,the guide is too tight but i dont think i can do anything about it

-#35 Slotcarman this car i missing completely,it was not in the box,i have 38 cars in total

Cars i liked #46 teamreracing,#49 Mobbzee,#52 GaryW and,obviously,#66 Mtucker666

Some of you might have noticed that i gave no info about my car, #14,made a search through the threads looking for repair info,found nothing.It seems that the front axle has been changed and the left front rim was glued on the axle but the glue flowed into the bushing.It is firmly glued on the axle and spins together with it.I am truing to figure out how to solve the problem since after a first try the rim does not seem to come off undamaged.Am i allowed to replace the axle and rims?

RPM

#20 4500 tippy car

#25 4500

#27 4600

#30 4200

#36 4600

#38 3800

#44 4000

#46 4500

#49 4600

#52 5000

#53 4500

#59 5800

#66 5299

Some of you might have noticed that i gave no info about my car, #14,made a search through the threads looking for repair info,found nothing.It seems that the front axle has been changed and the left front rim was glued on the axle but the glue flowed into the bushing.It is firmly glued on the axle and spins together with it.I am truing to figure out how to solve the problem since after a first try the rim does not seem to come off undamaged.Am i allowed to replace the axle and rims?

If it's superglue, try some acetone as that will disolve the superglue, just be careful to not get it on the rim...

I'm liking this Alexis . You've put my car in the same LIKE line as Matts ( that plucky little Pom :lol: ) . This could be a turn around and I may get more than 1 point :lol: .The axle must have been changed somewhere over there but if so someone will have to put their hand up and explain. Have a look at your car and get it going on the instance that if it doesn't do well , thats ok but if you win , we will have to penalise you big time :lol: . Anyway have fun and by the way Freddie , the rally of the gods is happening next month over here in OZ . In gods great country ;):D :D .

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

I emailed Dave regarding his car and got the following explanation:

"As regards your car, you will note there was a spare axle and gear attached underneath. Your car had a broken front bearing mount during the last Round (Rd 8) and although I fixed it a couple of times, I couldn't get it to run well at all. The gears seem tight and I am not sure why. Therefore I put in a spare axle gear in case it is needed - it is used, but in OK condition. I hope you can sort it out"

I believe someone cursed this car on the assembly line,it looks like i have to start looking for a chassis.

Regarding his car it was delayed because of a broken chassis and it is expected monday.Intial thoughts were to race the 1st stage at Chaitas Racing Garden Saturday,is it ok to run without Daves car and race it on its own when it arrives?

I was going to suggest that as none of the repair work on your car had been mentioned anywhere it must've happened in IoM.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Cars i liked #46 teamreracing,#49 Mobbzee,#52 GaryW and,obviously,#66 Mtucker666

crikey, thats a statement i would never have expected as im coming dead last :lol: :lol: :lol::huh:

He didn't say he drove them, just that he liked them :D :D :D

Mine's special .... it's the only tippy one

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Hi folks

No swimming in the sea here in the IOM at the moment - air temp is only about 14C and a gale blowing! Summer in the Irish Sea.... :lol: Still, off to Cyprus in September.... :D

I suspect we may see some rather different results in Greece, as all the tracks seem to be plastic - whereas in the IOM we only had 1 plastic track: all the others were routed wooden ones, so no magnetic effect. Don't know if it will affect car 66 though.... <_<

Good luck with your stages Alexis.

Cheers

Dave

Are you the one on top or bottom of the photo Alexis!

I think my podium run will come to an end in Greece. My car is definetly best suited for routed tracks, I expect to see our European neighbours rise to the top, and maybe some of those under performing Ozzies.

Hope it's not too hot for you a Alexis, our 3week summer is officially over just in time for my families annual pilgrimage to the Reading festival - some Royal Blood and Arctic Monkeys are good for the soul, especially when it's windy and rainy.

Matt

Edited by mtucker666