Round 3 Gotham Park

kalbfellp

Wow,my first F1 win,in fact my first proxy car win full stop!

Very pleased with the win after lots of mini disasters with various cars over the years.

Obviously many thanks to Phil and his team down at Gotham park,congratulations to the other podium finishers,I'm going to savour this for just a few minutes,thank you.

Terry

Terry you should thank Haystack as he was the driver on lane 4 who managed an extra lap!

Lenny's car lost its body part way thru Heat 3 so will need the body mount regluing today.

Ferrari 1950' s pinion came loose again, Loctite did not hold so will fit a press on pinion today.

Spoons and Alexis both suffered from lack of grip.

Miveson front tends to dig in and tip, probably needs to be lower in the front.

Manimal poor brakes and greasing wrong for this track.

Slo1quick poor brakes caught out some drivers and is hard to drive on this track.

RIR Seemed down on power for this stop start track.

Old 23 good car But hard to get consistent fast laps.

Charles Bit down on power or gearing?

FPR Good car would like to see it with a SRP motor, this BWA seems a little weak.

Rolling Thunder fast but front tyres digging in causing some offs

Paus good first build little down on power.

My car would have finished strong But involved in a coupe of accidents on lane 3 costing some time.

Grand kids car good but just not right on the night.

Terry's car was good But did lack a bit of grip on the track, would have been further ahead with more grip!

Edited by kalbfellp

Congratulations to Terry on his win, well deserved!!

Also well done to Alan and the Kids on their results. Grandad's the feather duster again :-)

Thanks again to Phil and his mates for doing the business for this round.

Opps sorry about the costume malfunction. That's what happens with a rushed final prep. I did think twice about the body mount but thought it would do.

Anyway despite that my best result so far this series so thanks for that. Just a bit curious if that affected my result.

Well done to paulslots too as top SA entry again.

Cheers, Alan

Lenny you probably lost about 1/4 to half a lap before we paused the race and taped the body on. But when racing is so close that much makes a big difference.

That's proxy racing, while Terry's car was not the fastest it was easy to drive for all the drivers.

Well done Terry and congratulations on the win and first proxy win!! Another one in the bag for Jack too!

Congrats to Alan and the grandkids too!

Good to see a different winner! I hope that patern continues.

Thanks Bruce , Phil, drivers and helpers for the round!

Thanks for the feedback Phil... no comment for Stubbo...

Well done guys!

"Terry's car was good But did lack a bit of grip on the track, would have been further ahead with more grip!"

the last few chassis I built I had the motor positioned a bit forward of where I thought it could go,and after some comments from Phil I had it in my mind to push the motor closer up to the rear axle for the next build,be interesting to see how the new build for the VRAA behaves in relation to the BT4.

With all the accolades coming for Jack Brabham,wasn't it appropriate that a win would go to one of his designs?

Hi guys looking fairly close.

Hi Alan, we are not far apart, be interesting to see were we are at the final count, as long as either of us gets through with out to much damage / break downs.

Thanks,

Paul

Try Harder, if you dont fail your not trying hard enough

Hi Phil.

I altered the gearing from 8/24 to 8/25 to improve braking as last year it appeared to have plenty of herbs. Perhaps I should have left the way it was. Have to say however never really compared performance. It seemed fine either way.

Still pretty happy with performance as racing number only other change from previous year.

Regards

Chas Le Breton (charlesx)