Your Slot Car Workbench - Post A Pic?

jphanna

something different for today.....care to show us a pic of your slot car workbench? Some workbenches will be huge, will all the mod cons....and some will be like this, very basic and small. I have always had the very bare essentials for slot cars. too many other things competing for $$$$

i have to retake this pic. i deleted a few photos off photobucket and a heap of posts i did for auslot got delete!! sorry.DSCF1112.jpg

well it is slight different. Roger suggested buying the plastic compartments so a minor upgrade. compared to the others posted on here.....its clearly very simple workspace.

Edited by jphanna

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

And some will be like a bombsite. :)

Actually, I'm in the process of reorganizing mine so that there are two usable areas, one for tuning and one for heavier work like building and scenery. At the moment the big area is under paints and knives and building construction materials.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Dig. I'd be quite happy to live in your bombsite. That's nothing but a great space.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Got a similar tube setup Roger, but it's chockers. Too many things I need within reach.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

This is where good cars are turned into average cars!!!

DSC00492_zps556c6b7f.jpg

DSC00491_zps36c81f9c.jpg

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Thanks Guys for sharing pics of your workbenches. some truly beautiful set ups. only got one word in my mind.....ENVY.

I could easily imagine the rest of the world becoming a distant blur, sitting in a few of those setups.

• 4 months later...

Dang. I need those two power supplies. Which I'd thought to grab a spare when DSE were flogging off the last of them. Got to swap mine from the track to another track :)

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

I only bought 2 as I was fed up with lugging one from one room to the next - one will eventually be used to power a track. Probably overkill for what I'm using it for but one can never have enough power supplies :)

It's expensive stuff this hobby of ours. Need to get some pegboard for the back wall and and hooks.....

thanks for the pics guys. you know how you watch commercials on tv or even in movies when there is people walking down an isle, and every item on the shelves is perfectly stacked. I have never seen a shopping centre isle staked to perfection in my life.

whats the point of this.......well those last few pics look too clean and tidy!!! maybe your cars go so well you don't need to get the area messed up. my area is untidy with plastic/allow/rubber shavings scattered. I do clean it but its still messy.

Had a bit of a shuffle around recently trying to sort things out a bit and separate the car tuning from the building, painting and scenic area. This is the tuning station.

tuning_desk_zpsde389757.jpg

Need to put a light under the bottom shelf. Still got to come up with a satisfactory way to store wood and metal stocks. The white plastic drawers at the right have scenic supplies in them. The smaller ones on the top have decals and other things that need to be stored flat. Paint stripping station at the left end under the window.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg