Hi All From Meggavalley Raceway

Hi all

I have just joined your forum after being directed to your site by my nephew who has taken up 1/32 scale racing recently in the Sydney basin.

I have been racing slot cars for over 40years now from 1/24 scale during my teenage years & then converting to 1/64 scale some 20 years later.

I have my own 1/64 afx track layout consisting of a 15 mtr road course inside a 7.5 mtr oval course. I am located in Miller near Liverpool & we race once per month.

I also have a friend who has a similar circuit who is located in Earlwood.

We have a group of 5 - 6 blokes who get together for monthly sledging, racing, sledging.....more racing ...& a few cleansing ales.

You are more than welcome to contact me & arrange a visit via my email address - meggs42@optusnet.com.au

I am planning to develop a 1/32 scale track in the future possibly routed?

regards

Terry

http://s1170.photobucket.com/albums/r536/meggs59/

Edited by meggavalley raceway

Welcome aboard Terry. I hope your nephew warned you about us . . . there are some normal people here - but not many. We're mostly mad addicts - but going by your bio., you'll fit right in.... :)

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hi Terry,i am banking that your nephew is Luke,i am one of his mates and as Luke told you we race each Saturday at St Andrews and Mt Annan respectively,come and join us sometime,i am sure we will have some spare cars for you to have a run with.Cheers Colin.

Thanks for the replies guys, is there such a thing as a normal slot car addict, please let me know if you find one? :D

Luke is my nephew & has passed on the St Andrews race schedule. Thanks for the invite Colin, I intend to join you on one Saturday night in the not so distant future.

The thing that has impressed me the most about this forum so far , is looking over the various track photos of all AUSLOT members & must say .............IMPRESSIVE layout's guys........ :P

Hopefully one day I will attempt a routed track & emulate some of those skills etc

I will also let you guys know when we are racing at my place next & extend an invite to join us. We mainly race on Friday nights once per month & August meeting is at my mates place in Earlwood tomorrow night.

Terry

Hi Colin

Yes, 1/64 scale, afx, lifelike, tyco etc.

We mainly use afx super G Plus chassis with silicone sponge rear tyre set up, independent or fixed "O" ring front end & what ever hard body.

We remove the body mounts, then send the bodies to Gloria Marshall for a weight loss program :D , then lower the bodies on the chassis by re-gluing the body clips back into the body. This all helps to make the things handle better if you get my drift. ;)

Nothing worse than all that weight being in the wrong location......... :angry:

Terry