V8 Tipping For Round 1 - Clipsal

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for running this again gents put my tips in not expecting much as I will not tip any darksiders but will have fun anyway

Reality what a concept

V32 member Slightly one eyed Ford fan

Trying to perfect the obscure art of Zen slot car racing

Thanks team for setting this but I must warn in advance I am so bad at tipping comps and further more have little knowledge of V8's my cup of tea is F1.

Now there is a tipping competition I could win by simply voting

1. Vettell

2. Hamilton/Button

3. Alonso

All year long !

No, thats not really acceptable as someone has already registered as TeamRed and I am pretty sure he would like to do his own tipping. Read the following thread and then register. You have 90 minutes!

http://www.auslot.co...ns-of-interest/

John, I was going to post something along these lines yesterday when the 'unique identifier' was introduced. As the UN is anything at anytime, how do you know that no one will or can just go in and enter tips under someone else's name. I didn't post it because I though no one would do it, but its happened already. Just putting it out there. Now would Craig have to go and resubmit his tips?

Don't mean to over complicate things or create work, as this method is far easier than a full blown website as we know what could become of that. I stopped tipping last year after it changed.

Michael, I will keep the unique identifier and copy it to the next spreadsheet for round 2 and so on. If they do not match I will PM the user to make sure that they were in fact the tipper. Yes, more wok than Oztips but hopefully smoother sailing.

John, am I correct in saying that every submission of the form is captured, so if someone submits their tips more than once, you will be able to see all entries? i.e. a re-submission will not overwrite an old submission - it will just add an additional entry into the database?

Silver, we thought about it but sometimes less is more. Besides, picking 3 is a lot easier than picking 5!

Top 3 - 28! / (28 - 3)! * (3)! = 3276 combinations

Top 5 - 28! / (28 - 5)! * (5)! = 98280 combinations

Class dismissed! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Isn't that what fancy puters are for? :P

It's all good top three will be fine!

I Miss Brocky...

So the competition is off and running.... here is the latest points table after pole had been settled.

2012_V8_R1.jpg

More updates to follow after today's and tomorrow's race - imagine getting results up before midday Monday :)

Just in case your unsure the points for this round are allocated as follows:

2012_V8_R1_Points.jpg

There is a bonus point being allocated for anyone who picks a correct round.

Edited by miveson

Hey John , I huntin me some Sparro :angry: . Hey Jimmi I'm in third too .This tipping is s#!t easy hey :blink: . Good on all those who are putting this on. Do me a favour and dont sell to Yahoo !!!!!!!!!

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

You can do that . Hey John I've put tips covering every car ,just pick the one that scores the most points :lol: .Onya Mick. By the way ducks move in out your way yet

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.