George Turner Models Fraser Team Imp

sunbeammadd

Progress has been a bit slow because this is one model I'd prefer that the kids didn't "help" me with. :)

dcbd8615.jpg

There's a little bit of tidying up to do on the boot edge (or bonnet if you prefer to think of it that way). Haven't done much detail yet.

9697370b.jpg

Sorry about the out-of-focus photo. Should have used the proper camera.

Russ

That's coming on a treat. I posted up an Imp on a site and a very nice man responded from Ireland "the republic of". His daddy raced Imps a time back and he asked me to make a couple from black and white pictures :lol:

P1110244.jpg

Here is the one I made from George's racing Imp.

P1110292.jpg

This one was made with a Traffic 32 Imp. All very simple but accurate enough to give the right impression.

I had one left over so I did this fantasy club rally car.

P1110457.jpg

The traffic cars fit onto a PCS32, wheels can be tricky as there ain't too much to play with. Pendles still have some Scalextric mini size tyres which fitted the minilites and the set on the yellow Imp came from a very old 1275GT.

Never really thought of doing this car but it was a little cracker. My old Mum had one many years ago, she never raced at as it was a bit like driving a wheelie bin.

:)

ps you don't need Slot It stuff. It will run with a standard Scalextric motor and rear axle, not maybe as good but certainly a lot cheaper.

Edited by chrisfromcrewe

Ashes to ashes funk to funky we all know Chris is a junkie.

• 1 month later...

I used to rally one years ago. We painted it matt black and fitted four Cibiés for light and a Rover 3-litre exhaust across the back to keep it quiet! Great little car. I'd like to build one like that one day.

First on my list is is the Standard 8, for which I have a PP body sitting above my work bench. That was my very first car.

Edited by Graham Lane

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

@#$%#$ Halfway through fitting the decals I've gone and lost the rest of the decal sheet. I'm usually very careful with these things. Beginning to wonder if one of the geckos in my garage has made off with it!! Looks like I'll have to see if George will sell me another. Oh well, maybe it's a good excuse to order another of his kits at the same time. :)

Russ

Sunbeam....I like your Imps.

I enjoy seeing a car someone builds because they like them rather than a race entry or for some other reason.

Incidently how do you order from George?

Thanks in advance

munter

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Try his website Munter, www.georgeturnermodels.com

Beautiful finish on his models. Bought a pair of Morgans for His Lordship. Must go back and buy something there for myself.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All done, but missing a bonnet strap (see above)

2012-07-21141812.jpg

Racing against an old foe:

2012-07-21141851a.jpg

I still need to do a bit of finetuning on it. I think I'll have to glue the axle bearings in as there's a bit of slop where they clip in. The rear tyres are rubbing just a touch too. Hopefully a bit of truing will fix this.

Russ