Finally Started Phil'S Resins

mtpanorama

First up the XY Super Falcon, decided to do a Moffat version.

Scalextric Camaro chassis and interior(V32 rules require the interior), Patto's peel and stick decals, Tamiya bright red paint, Plafit mounting foam for the intake cover.

DSC00140.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

One down, a few more to go.

Corporate greed is driving inflation.

Cash, use it or lose it.  No Digital Currency, No Digital ID.

• 4 weeks later...

Next up the XW Falcon GT, Scalextric Mustang chassis and interior, Patto's peel and stick decals.

DSC00141.jpg

Nice looking car and livery, the paint looks like its had a bad reaction to something or is it just the photo?

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Looks like the light reflecting off the ( :ph34r: ) plastic track... :o:D

Seriously, nice job Chris... one Q though... why have you got a Mustang chassis under the XW and a Camaro under the XY?

Aren't they the same body (requiring the same chassis?)or did you just adapt what you had??

Just curious... looks great!

How did you find the peel and stick decals?

went with peel and stick to try out

Many of the US guys seem to be having problems with his water slide decals curling up and won't bend to the curves of the car.

I though he had sorted that problem some time ago, but they seem to be still having the problem so are using the stick and peel even though they are thicker they must be bending easier.

If you ever have trouble with Patto's peel and stick a little bit of warmth will soften the vinyl up and assist both the conformability and the adhesion. It's a shame he's not using a finer vinyl though.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Patto has fixed the curling up problem but the new decals are stiff and the instructions say to put the decals in hot water and then use a hair dryer if needed to get them to fit. I just went the easier option with the peel and stick.

I find the peel and stick very good and easy to put on and relocate if nessesary. Also you can decal up a car in an afternoon and it is ready to go, no need to clear coat them to protect them like water slide decals.

A lot of Pattos users find the Peel and stick decals to be OK, but I find them too thick and prominent on reflective surfaces of the car....Several coats of Klear help "flatten out" the decal but Patto's waterslides are still best IMHO, even if you have to use strange methods to get the decals to conform to difficult curves. I understand that the waterslide problems should be resolved by June, but we will see what happens.

Regards

Alan

So you're the cause of all these problems!....I might have guessed. What is Bruce using now an Alps of some description or has he gone all hi-tech with a laser?...Or did you sell him a job lot of those old Tasmanian Newspaper printers that you were so fond of... :D .

Regards

Alan

Bruce changed to a new printer some time ago and offered his " old" Oki and Kodak printers for sale so I took advantage of the opportunity to buy a great decal printer,I have since brought a new Citizen as well.

I don't know what sort of printer he is now using BUT he seems to be having problems with the water slide decals BUT the stick and peel seem good even if a little thick, BUT that is always the case with self adhesive.

• 1 month later...

Next up the John Goss Kevin Bartlett XA Falcon.

Used Tamiya brilliant blue and semi-gloss black, don't know why I bothered with the semi-gloss as it became gloss when I put the clear coats over.

Chassis is a Plafit Super32 with MJK rear tyres and inserts are Fly Ferrari rims painted aluminium and black and trued down to fit into the standard Plafit rims.

Decals are Stubbo's.

DSC00142.jpg

DSC00143.jpg

• 4 months later...

Next up is the XAGTHO Phase 4.

Chassis is a 1970 Camaro which I was able to pick up cheap but it did mean I had to re-make all the body posts.

Wheels are Scalextric Ferrari with MJK tyres on the rear.

Paint is Tamiya bright red and black.

Decals are Stubbos, very impressed as he even included the 351 GT badge on the front quarters and the GT badge for the grill.

DSC00156.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

• 6 months later...

Finally got around to finishing the 1973 XA Falcon Bathust winner.

Had to trim the front spoiler and rebuild the panel under the bumper bar.

Added roll bar and heag rests to interior.

Camaro chassis again, original rims and tyres on front, original rims and MJK tyres on rear.

Stubbo's decals were once again excellent but for the front quarter panels I used the 351GT badges I had left over from the Phase IV decal sheet, maybe Stubbo could add these to this sheet, finishes it off nicely.

DSC00162.jpg

DSC00164.jpg

DSC00165.jpg