Mt. Pritchard'S 4 Cornered Oval

neil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

RIP to my sometimes big pain in the arse but most times fun track. Been planning for a while to build new, thought maybe we could save cost by re-using existing track peices, but as thought, diasembling track was going to be imposible ...as it was glued, screwed, and partly covered with scenery. Never forseeing that I would ever need to change. My heart is laying peices on the front lawn with the broken remains of what was....

• 4 months later...

After my 1st atempt with 1/43,, It was time to get into the right scale, Unfortunately this track is now land fill 7 I also stopped taking pics of progress. But here is something that I had fun with..

screamer039.jpg

looking @ my track in it's upright pos. My original thoughts were to build a lenghthy track and include sceenery & features.The theme was always going to be speedway, & the technical infeild curcuit compliments the fast bank's. I feel I've accomplished the lenghth in driving / lap times but feel I've left little room for the sceenery I had in mind. Table is 1.8mtr x 3.6mtr,,, track brand are mainly, JAIDA (straights & standard R2 corners) reasonable grip. & SCX (R1 ,R3 & R4 corners) good grip. when the 2 brands meet a slight bump in joins. lap times 10.sec's.avg. non mag.

1lapscreamer001.jpg

Start/Finnish : A quik tour of the curcuit as we follow these tourers. All lined up on the grid ready for the start light to drop, the Start /finnish is located on the straight shortly after turn 4 of the oval curcuit, but is turn 24 of the whole curcuit

1lapscreamer003.jpg

cars are on their way into turn 1, leaving the oval & making their way to the "Carousel" which starts at the exit of turn 2. Turn 1 :Jaida R2 The right lane would be the best choice through turn 1 having constant/predictable grip. Left lane is not undrivable, though more thought is needed with throtle positioning as rear wheel leaves track surface to drift on outer edge.

1lapscreamer009.jpg

After 225 deg. of constant R2 right the cars now contend with turn 2, an imediate 45 deg. R2 left, a quik blip on the throtle [if you dare]on a very short straight to enter turn 3. Your now on your way into the "Carousell".

1lapscreamer010.jpg

Turn 3 ( to 4) :Jaida R2 "Carousell" a fitting name given to a section of curcit. Turn 3 starts with 45 deg. R2 heading right to open up to turn4 a faster90 deg of R4 ,( outer lane dealing with abumpy join), then into another 90 deg. of R2 which is turn 5, hidden in the shadows of the under pass.

1lapscreamer011.jpg

Turn 4 :SCX R4 Here the cars are exiting turn4, entering turn 5, 90 deg. of R2, but what makes this even worste is the outer lane has a savage off camber only to be greeted by tyre wall, whilst the inner lane contends with a blind corner that gets tight, both lanes leaving the high grip of the SCX R4 track to proceed with the very average grip of the Jaida R2 track. All this with the pressure of racing!!

1lapscreamer012.jpg

Turn 5 :Jaida R2 on exit of turn 5 you now again see daylight, a Quik touch of more throtle to set yourself up for the remaining climb up over & out of the "Carousell".

1lapscreamer013.jpg

Turn 6 :Jaida R2 All cars on turn6, 225 deg. of R2. lots of fun can be had on this turn, no time for fun when racing.

1lapscreamer014.jpg

Exiting Turn 6 :Jaida R2 Another dab of throtle before turn 7 & then onto the 2nd longest straight of curcuit

1lapscreamer017.jpg

Exiting turn 7 : Jaida R2 Exiting the Carousel via. turn7 ,90 deg. R2. & then onto the 2nd longest straight of curcuit. Fast down hill section into a fast left hand sweep

1lapscreamer023.jpg

Turn 8 : SCX R4 After a good run down the straight both lanes are confonted by evils of this curcuit. the outer lane has a bump which requires surgen like skills with the controller to keep the car happy as it enters, the inner lane has slight bump & is disillusioned with the looks of outer radius, once on this surface good grip is had but cars are travelling at limit, now thinking where & how hard to brake as they enter the "Chase"

1lapscreamer025.jpg

Turn 9 & 10 : Jaida R2 It would be fair to say the "Chase" starts here, after fast sweeping left you are now bringing car backto control as your confronted with a tighter left & right.

1lapscreamer027.jpg

Turn 11 : SCX R1 Hope you've got your car setled by the time you enter this corner the better grip provided by the SCX track wont make up for lucky drivin, this wall has since been Tyred for cars protection but has taken away needed track.

1lapscreamer028.jpg

Turn 12,13, : Jaida R2 back on to the fun surface as you head out & up hill into more frustrating turns

1lapscreamer030.jpg

Exit of 14 into 15: SCX an tuff corner to get right under pressure as road elevation changes leaving your inner front wheel off the ground. List of turns which take you back to the oval,,, Turn 14 : right 90 deg. R1 15 : right 22.5 deg. R3 16 : left 45 deg. R3 17 : right 22.5 deg. R3 18 : right 135 deg. R1 19 : left 22.5 deg. R3.

1lapscreamer031.jpg

Turn 16 : whilst in the depths of the "Chase" your surrounded by grass banks, none that help you stay on the track

1lapscreamer036.jpg

Tuns 18, 19, 20 : here you can see cars aproaching turn 20 to blast full speed around the major Nascar curcuit.

1lapscreamer038.jpg

Out of Turn 20 aproaching Turn 21 : not a good move to be full throtle out of Turn 20 due to the close walls which will hurt your aproach to the first banked turn 21 : SCX banked R3 90 deg. Even though there is only a short straight before the bank, a slight touch of brake is needed to plant the front to the ground before caresing the accelerator through & out the turn.

1lapscreamer041.jpg

Turn 22 : SCX banked R3 90 deg. Wheel spinning out of turn 21 can be fun but when racing keeping the car straight for the entry into Turn 22 is best

1lapscreamer044.jpg

Back straight : exiting out of turn 22 & entering turn 23 both have there dangers due to the rapid elavation change on both lanes

1lapscreamer047.jpg

Exiting Turn 23: Entering Turn 24 widening of the track here on the exit of turn 23 which follows thru turn 24,widening was performed primerily for the running of oppisete dirrection. As much as the widened track helps keep you in the groove,geting offline will cost time

1lapscreamer048.jpg

Out of Turn 24, & Short straight to Start/Finnish...

TURN 11 : Repainting of fences. Adding tyre wall. Post & mesh also added,,,,

screamer031.jpg

screamer013.jpg

screamer016.jpg

RIP to my sometimes big pain in the arse but most times fun track. Been planning for a while to build new, thought maybe we could save cost by re-using exesting track peices, but as thought, diasembling track was never going to be posible.