OzRally Proxy Series 2010/11- Progressive Points Scores

kalbfellp

Phil, any chance of adding another column to the front with 'position'? I know mine's easy enough to work out, but saves on counting for some others.

Cheers

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These are the final points for the Oz Rally series for 2010/2011

Thanks to all the entrants who took the time to build cars and enter them.

Thanks to Jazzbell who has donated his Fly Porsche entry to the winner, 356 Speedster.

He also has made a large cash donation that has been use to purchase some great prizes for this event.

So stay tuned for more info soon.

I will leave this thread open now for any comments.

Congratulations to 356 speedster for building such a great car that performed so well on all the tracks.

Also to Lenny who was never far behind.

Condolences to The Stig who also managed to get on the podium! :D

FinalPoints.jpg

Edited by kalbfellp

Thanks Phil, great to see the final results and congrats to the top three winners; speedster, Lenny and Phil.

Thanks to all the round hosts for their time and efforts, thanks also to Jazzbell for his generosity with the prizes.

An excellent series, I can't wait for next year!!!!

Most interesting series even from a spectator point of view. Amazing consistancy from the top three for well deserved podiums.

From NZ viewpoint also good to see Munter hang in there with some very consistant results mid-field.

Look forward to next year. Even tempted to have a go myself when rules are announced.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Congrats to the boys consistently at the top. Speedster, Lenny, Phil and Stig.

Thanks Phil for running the show. And thanks to everyone for letting me take part. Happy enough that my car survived. Will try to do better next time.

Cheers

Embs

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Ditto the previous comments on the podium winners.

A great series, very well run and thoroughly enjoyable - looking forward to the next (any ideas on what the next one will be).

Thank you to all of the hosts who did a marvelous job running each round, your efforts are what made the proxy so enjoyable.

And lastly thanks to phil for organizing and jazz bell for sponsorship.

Bring on the next one.....

Mark

What are we running next year? c'mon it's been five seconds....

well done to the winners, I've gone backwards this year 1 place but i guess 13 will be lucky for some next year... given the depth of the field it's still top 50%, and yes, I'll do what i must to justify a less than goal satisfying result ;)

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

I'm glad someone else asked first. I didn't want to be the one jumping up and down pestering about next season's weapon of choice. I'm going to need as much extra time as I can get to try to build a car that actually works.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Congratulations to Tore on the series victory well done mate.

Also well done to Phil in getting the L34 to go so well, I considered one of them as well but I thought it would have been a bit of a handful. It was good to see BRK get up for a round win. That Alpine was a good car indeed, I wonder how it would have gone with a few less revs in the motor. Also I'd like to mention Phil for taking on the series directorship from me back in August when I realised I wouldn't be able to do it properly due to other commitments during the build up. Thanks for that mate.

I know when we put the width limit on cars this year it wasn't very popular with some guys, but there was a real fear that we would have ended up with a field of 911 Porsches of varying manufacturer. I had one ready if required. I think the fact that 9 out of the top ten were different models and the variety right through the field vindicated that decision.

On the whole I thought the series ran exceptionally well especially early on wher we had races being run almost weekly. It just a shame we had that "hiatus" towards the 2/3rds mark.

As for next year we could look at continuing the classic theme but moving onto the group A/B eras or go back to the more recent WRC type cars. But lets have a bit of a spell and get over this years series first.

Cheers

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Another rally proxy over, 4 spots better than last year. Congrats to the guys at the pointy end.

Thanks to Phil for his work and to all of the hosts. Being part of Mels round this year was the best thing I could have done. It gave me a real appreciation of the effort that the hosts go to and I also got a taste of what a good car looks like on track ;).

Next time lets just run something that a Porsche can't enter!!

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

'Onya Phil, I wondered if we were ever going to get there. Pleasing to see the final results.

Fancy letting that bloke from Norway win. He is currently on holidays celebrating with a beer at present up in the mountains some where. :P Well done Tore

Also to Lenny and Phil for getting your (those) cars into rally shape.

I must say some of the cars at the bottom of the list had heaps of potential. They just needed some minor adjustment. Next series we should have a post on setting up a rally car.

To everyone who entered and hosted - without you there would be no event - thanks heaps. Shane, thank you for your generosity, unexpected but the winners will be delighted.

No prizes for me, can't say bad luck as my entry was a last second entry due to my time constraints being on the road and not being able to prepare any of my 5 potential cars within the regs. (Not even a Porsche). Had a lot of fun watching and running a round.

Look forward to next year. Even tempted to have a go myself when rules are announced.

YES, have a go. I would like to see a NZ rally track in the series. Be good to have the cars appear in every state in Australia :P

Thanks and well done to all who took part. Sixth is better than I could have hoped for. Dave

I had to let you finish in front of me Dave, as you are my Works Team Engineer/manager. Well done matey.

Congratulations to Tore on the series victory well done mate.

Also well done to Phil in getting the L34 to go so well, I considered one of them as well but I thought it would have been a bit of a handful.Me too! Also I'd like to mention Phil for taking on the series directorship from me back in August when I realised I wouldn't be able to do it properly due to other commitments during the build up. Thanks for that mate.

I know when we put the width limit on cars this year it wasn't very popular with some guys, but there was a real fear that we would have ended up with a field of 911 Porsches of varying manufacturer. I think the fact that 9 out of the top ten were different models and the variety right through the field vindicated that decision. IMO it wasn't the Porsches it was the fact that so many worthy cars were gradually (over weeks) eliminated due to the width and clearance restrictions. Only after cars were purchased did we know the widths etc. In hindsight we should have just eliminated the Porsche's yet one still won it! I don't think anyone realised the impact on other cars at the time

On the whole I thought the series ran exceptionally well especially early on where we had races being run almost weekly. It just a shame we had that "hiatus" towards the 2/3rds mark.

As for next year we could look at continuing the classic theme but moving onto the group A/B eras or go back to the more recent WRC type cars. But lets have a bit of a spell and get over this years series first. IMO we have had a couple of years of "Classics" so back to WRC's. There could be two classes. 1. Classics especially for those who want to improve there car from this event and 2. There are some great WRC cars about at present. We had track records broken on three tracks here last Saturday. A month or so to think eh?

Well put Alan - my comments in red

I enjoyed being a part of it and thanks for letting me have a crack !

How about building a track as well - we need a goer in Vic :P

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg