Ozrally Proxy Series 2010/11 - Round Two

triggy

Well, here we go again. The cars arrived on Monday.

Last night I ran a 10 lap prologue / shakedown, after the tyres and braids were cleaned.

There were 4 cars that had hard or slippery tyres that gave no grip at all. After a light sand the grip improved somewhat.

refer my comments below

Untitled.png

I intend to run stage 1 this Friday night and the 2nd and final stage this Sunday.

Eno's car is in the post and should be here tomorrow.

Normal people worry me

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its running. That's the main thing. And forward is a good direction.

Do you mind if I channel Big Kev for a moment? I'm EXCITED!!!! Can't wait 'til Friday.

Miveson, I think someone told Scaley of that little deal. They're not planning on release until the end of the Proxy. :huh2:

Embs

Reason for edit: A little too excited

Edited by Ember

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

The little huntsman is doin ok.. in the top 10....thus far. :huh2: ! Thanks for the update Triggy . Less than a second in the top 20 or so, does that mean its pretty close ? Whens the real gigs happen ?

The fastest lap indicates the best lap of the ten run. With some cars it took 5 odd laps to get to know the car and drive it without any offs, so the fastest lap is sometimes a false reading of how the car will go in a 20-30 lap stage. All cars will be driven to get the best out of them while trying not to have any offs. With some cars that will be at a slower, gentler pace than others.

"I intend to run stage 1 this Friday night and the 2nd and final stage this Sunday"

Normal people worry me

Thanks Triggy, but "looks great" aint going to slow the bloody thing down. The Team Slot Alpine was only released on 14th Oct and by the time i got one sent over from Armchairs i only had 2 days to prepare it. Couldnt find a NC2 so i left the Team Slot Glory motor in it, hoping it was the 18000 rpm TS9 motor, wrong, its actually the TS11 a 21500 rpm screamer. Should be a challenge to get around a rally track. BRK

..I'm sure mine's going to be "What was he thinking?"

I've had a ball putting this together with Chris (the 14 yo stepson) so when we come from behind to win it's partly his fault.. of course it if all goes wahoonie shaped it's only partly me fault.. ( :) )

Critique so I learn for next year will be welcome.. :huh2:

Dave..

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

[.snip..noisy but steady runner..]

I'll admit it's no speed demon, but am slightly concerned that it's 'noisy'... car was clearanced well, and all mechanicals well secured and spaced (mainly with Araldite), so short of a breakage or loosened interior I'm at a loss to explain that one. <_< Perhaps, if not too much problem, you might give it a quick inspection before the event..?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

H.M.C.C

[.snip..noisy but steady runner..]

I'll admit it's no speed demon, but am slightly concerned that it's 'noisy'... car was clearanced well, and all mechanicals well secured and spaced (mainly with Araldite), so short of a breakage or loosened interior I'm at a loss to explain that one. :huh: Perhaps, if not too much problem, you might give it a quick inspection before the event..?

Thanks in advance,

Will do Haystack. I think it is just gear mesh noise, being that it is a bit noiser than normal / what I usually hear at our club ( FCC excluded :huh: )

Will let you know what I find.

Normal people worry me

........... its actually the TS11 a 21500 rpm screamer. Should be a challenge to get around a rally track. BRK

I will see what I can do to tame it with the trigger finger Chris! It does look nice on the track, so I will drive it slowly so I can appreciate the looks for as long as possible :huh:

Normal people worry me

........... its actually the TS11 a 21500 rpm screamer. Should be a challenge to get around a rally track. BRK

I will see what I can do to tame it with the trigger finger Chris! It does look nice on the track, so I will drive it slowly so I can appreciate the looks for as long as possible :huh:

Drive it like ya stole it. BRK

Triggy why dont you let FCC adjust the mesh ;) . Sorry Trev couldnt resist. :huh::huh:

No, I don't want it to be any louder :(

Hey guys. you know i don't mind getting slated i am all in for fun but i am not even in the event. I will let you both ponder the noisy geared Ninco porsche though..............................................

It finished first.

Triggy was second and i would have to check where Ricks quiet car finished..

Edited by first corner crash

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

There were 4 cars that had hard or slippery tyres that gave no grip at all.

Onya Triggy, thanks for the Shakedown and report

As Tore said "This event will be very exciting with only 3 tents between the top 10 "qualifiers"."

Any chance of a pic and some specs of the 8 sec. track.

Surface, length, hand controller and altitude. Altitude? :huh:

Have fun matey.

Mel

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Mel this should help.

Rallytrackconstruction1011.jpg

More pics at:

Building Limestone Pass

Yep that's the one, except all racing is now done indoors. This photo was taken staight after the painting was finished.

Lap length: approx 15.5 metres

Surface: Solver Duraguard (satin acrylic)

Volts: 11

Controller: Wizardgm home made, electronic

Altitude: 58mtrs above sea level. 150mm from lowest to highest point.

It is the same track that has hosted rounds the past 2 years.

Stage 1 will be run tonight, but don't expect results until tommorrow morning, SA time!

Edited by triggy

Normal people worry me

Thanks for the feedback Kane.

It really looks like I should have left the NC2 from last year in the Healey and adjusted the ballast only . Could be along series plodding steadily along at the back.

Would love to know who else is running an NC1 as I am wondering if it is a dud NC1 in mine or the car is simply carrying too much weight for the motor.

Anthony: Jazzbell (101gr,12/36)and OTFS (90.8gr,9/24) have NC8, Gazza ( 75 gr,9/27) and you ( 88gr,9/28) are the NC1 guys.

I think the gearing info is right as I did not pull the cars apart to check the pinions.

Edited by kalbfellp