Weird Idea For A Track :-)

s13

well was bit bored on the weekend and was cleaning up all my un-used track and had a funny idea.

so Ive started making a coffee table track. small oval track 4 corners on either end with a straight and a corssover (so making it 1 long lane). going to build it on a small coffee table. something to put drinks and nibblies on and to have a bit of fun with :whip2:

what do you guys think ?

has it been done before ?

Maybe I am thinking of something a little different to what you had in mind, but my initial thought was that you would put a glass top over the track, so the car ran under the glass - Is that what you were thinking?

I thought you could make it below glass and have the guide modified so that it hooks in under the rails and hence can't deslot... I mean it would just be for a bit of fun anyway - like a novelty track or talking point while entertaining. That way you could make some flash looking scene under glass without ever worrying about reslotting it while entertaining. I'm guessing you'd have to rout the track for that.

• 2 years later...

track.JPG

got some spare time recently and painted this track up. small track with 1 crossover so only 1 lane. good for kids to play on. i have installed a switch that limits the speed of the track when kids play.

when they master this track on full speed they can advance to the big track.

plus it acts as a good coffee table for parties :)