Warner Lakes Raceway

bly10

After a bit of umming and arrring the old set up (scaley 4-lane as well) came down and work began on this new set up. Main things for the new set up was to be moveable for marshalling, borders for non mag racing and for a bit more speed but as well still have some technical parts. Also going to go alot further with scenery on this one. So far its just had one layer of paint, more plaster and paint grass etc to come then on to tress signage stands etc etc. Just finished today wiring up one lane for a quick test. Used xlr plugs for controllers and I am currently looking for a suitable variable power supply to fit the budget ( just wired using a standard 12v 5a supply i had lying around atm. At the moment just one power tap at the start how many would you knowledgable people recommend for the track? lane lenghts are 17.45m?. Any suggestions on power supplys would be great. Jaycar have a 0-24vdc 18a switchmode similar to the one on armchair( on special for 99) for 130? Would this be ok?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

dsc00219e.jpg

dsc00220e.jpg

nice layout. have you seen this article for braid-like power? > http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43873

Thanks shodan that looks great will definately go for that in the future when funds allow. Where is the best place in aus to get those rolls from?. Probly just go with one more tap at the middle point of track for now. cheers for the link.

Copper tape available from http://www.hartleywilliams.com.au/ There in Brendale. Before taking that route however I'd try Inox MX3. Mr Flippant says on another forum

"Copper tape is great, no doubt about it. I was >this< close to doing it myself after reading about how great it was and having problems with cars on my track. Since I knew I'd be changing my layout regularly, though, I wanted alternatives. When I finally tried INOX, it really was miraculous, just like copper tape is. INOX has a few advantages over copper tape, though.

INOX....

1) is cheaper, especially for medium and large layouts.

2) is easier to apply

3) acts as a moisture barrier and corrosion prevention.

4) is easy to remove (if necessary)

5) is easy to re-do if your layout changes

6) can be used for a wide variety of other useful things, not just in slot cars but all over.

7) smells nice smile"

Yup. Inox MX3 is good. Works a treat. I might even be at least partly guilty of having convinced Mr Flip to give it a try. :D And the best thing is that it's an Aussie made product.

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

After a bit of umming and arrring the old set up (scaley 4-lane as well) came down and work began on this new set up. Main things for the new set up was to be moveable for marshalling, borders for non mag racing and for a bit more speed but as well still have some technical parts. Also going to go alot further with scenery on this one. So far its just had one layer of paint, more plaster and paint grass etc to come then on to tress signage stands etc etc. Just finished today wiring up one lane for a quick test. Used xlr plugs for controllers and I am currently looking for a suitable variable power supply to fit the budget ( just wired using a standard 12v 5a supply i had lying around atm. At the moment just one power tap at the start how many would you knowledgable people recommend for the track? lane lenghts are 17.45m?. Any suggestions on power supplys would be great. Jaycar have a 0-24vdc 18a switchmode similar to the one on armchair( on special for 99) for 130? Would this be ok?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

dsc00219e.jpg

dsc00220e.jpg

I had a track about that size a few years back and had four power taps into it . had very little trouble with that. ps like the look of it

Thanks for the tip on inox, the best part is I had some lying around in my 4x4 spares bag. Had a chance today to put some on for a run. Makes a difference thats for sure. Im going to put in the provisions for a few more taps if I need them in the future at least they are already there. Lots more work to go yet!!

Yup. Inox MX3 is good. Works a treat. I might even be at least partly guilty of having convinced Mr Flip to give it a try. ;) And the best thing is that it's an Aussie made product.

Embs

This Mr Flip also uses it on the Braids, Put some in a eye dropper type squeeze bottle. Unbelievable difference in lap times :redbounce: :redbounce:

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

The only problem with Inox from what I have heard is it swells the plastic track but I suppose if you just apply it to the rails it wouldnt be a problem.I was talking to a guy who told me he coated his whole track and when he returned in the morning it had lifted and warped at all the joints.

Not heard of anyone who's had that trouble.

Given that it's a lubricant, you wouldn't really be wanting to put it on the track surface.

As a rail and braid treatment it's the duck's guts. If you're in a damp environment its great protection from rust on the rails. Digital folks love it cos it makes everything actually work like it's supposed to. And relatively inexpensive at around $7 for a bottle that will last nearly a lifetime.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• 1 month later...

Well after slowly but steadily working away at the track a trip down to the gc600 has put that extra motovation in to finish the track off for its first race night which is looong overdue. All the power supply, timing etc etc is all done just finishing off the scenery, most of the track is finished just waiting on some parts to start work on the pitlane. Its all starting to take shape which is good makes it all worth it. So far quickest mag car has done a 4.7 and quickest non mag is a slot it at low 7's but not much work has been going on with the cars mainly on the track so im sure those times will tumble. Hope you enjoy the pics will put some moe up when it is finally finished.

dsc00241s.jpgdsc00245ve.jpgdsc00230ei.jpgdsc00243j.jpgdsc00246p.jpgdsc00251i.jpg

I really like what you have done so far, looking forward to more pics

thanks john,

getting there just gotta add the finishing touches and obviously the pit lane, wasnt trying to do the scenery to a proper level just enough to complement the cars on the track as its going to get raced on pretty hard. Cant wait to give it its first proper workout with all four lanes its definately alot better than the wallpacks and scaley controllers on the old track!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...