1/32 Monogram Cooper-ford

Lovely Paint Finish !!! :D

Shame the Wheel inserts Don't look more like the real thing ;)

These ones are Very Dirty, they were often a kind of Dark Charcoal with the polished rimes as you have.

dscf1484c.jpg

Cheers

Thanks mate - I'll go ahead and make the changes - cheers brother

Stubbo:

they are Ferrules similar to the ones we use on the lead wires to connect to the guide,I think RS components may sell them in several sizes.

stoo23:

the inserts are the original Monogram inserts while not quiet correct they are the ones that came in the original kits.

Yeah I Know !!,..Recognisable by the typical 'Period' Very Bright Chrome!,..lol

I was NOT being critical of the 'Build' at all,..Please Note My comment re the Paintwork !!

As i said,..it is just a 'Shame' that the whells Don't Look Better,..do you Not all agree?,..I Blame Monogram !!

:D

BUT,..there IS always the Old 'Trick' of using extremely Water Diluted Writing Ink, a few careful 'Washes', can Offer a far Greater 3 Dimensional Look, due to the Water/Ink combo's capillary action and Kinda takes that Extreme 'Edge' off the Chrome, also makes the Wheels look a Bit More 'Real Life Used/Slightly Dirty'.

Have often Done this With Older Similar Era Wire Wheels etc.

The Diluted Ink method is also Fantastic for getting that Grime in the Corners of Engine/gearbox casings etc, and can add a very realistic appearance.

NB; there doesn't Need to be Much Ink in the 'Wash' !!

Cheers

;)

Edited by stoo23

Mmmmmmm..... Pretty..... :D

Can I beg for a 'how to' on the finish from the Master? Even your driver detail is stunning.

Please....

Pretty please....

with sugar on top

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

It is always a problem when doing a "restoration" like this,whether to use the original parts or make the car look right. I have some Revell that are complete,BUT I have used new inserts or wheels just to make the cars look right,the original parts are stored just in case I decide to make them more original.