Boondall Raceway

mondeoman

This is my first attempt at a board track, been up & running nearly 2 yrs now.

It measures 3.65m x 2.25m.

Before you go into turn 2 it narrows down to about 45mm lane spacing, if we run small sedans like trabants and fiats you can pass, anything bigger and it gets ugly before you go into the hairpin.

Lanes don`t return to normal width until the last turn after they split in 2 two lane sections.

Lotsa fun, fast laps are under 5sec.

Timing system uses Z1951 IR set into the slot with a light bridge.

track1.jpg

track3.jpg

track2.jpg

Thanks for looking.

If it doesn`t have wheels and an engine it`s not sport!

Nice job Mondeo. Looks like a fun circuit... No doubt the venue for a few grudge races.

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Nice track there - what took you so long to share . . .

I like the idea of using the "splits" of lane pairs both visually, and I presume to level out lap pengths and times a bit.

Seeing the long squeeze, I am guessing it is mostly driven by a regular group of experienced drivers who have gottn over "the red mist days"?

I quite like squeezes, much to the dismay of others in our club :D:):lol:

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Nice track there - what took you so long to share . .

Laziness and time ;)

I like the idea of using the "splits" of lane pairs both visually, and I presume to level out lap pengths and times a bit.

Yeah thats it exactly - i saw a track that had this done - i think it was on `oldslotracers` website, when i was getting this one ready to route and i liked the fact that it made it different.

The other thing is - there are 2 drivers stations on the left and 2 on the right side of the track - so the perspective of racing the track changes.

I hated the track after i built it - i wished i hadn`t built it mainly because it took me 3 months to get my times down, in all the meetings we have had here i can count the heat wins on one hand, i have never had an outright class win at home even when i pick the class !!! , could be i drink too much when racing at home :D .

Seeing the long squeeze, I am guessing it is mostly driven by a regular group of experienced drivers who have gottn over "the red mist days"?

Yep all the guys i race with are more experienced, and the first couple of months it took its toll on one driver who due to complaints i modified 2 corners to accomadate captain potty mouth.

Paulthetexans circuit is nice and fast and compliments mine during the season, we are a pretty lucky bunch to have the range of circuits we race on and the numbers we get for a nights racing - soon perros track will be up and running and things will get better.

thanks for all the nice words

Edited by mondeoman

Hey Jordon

Good to see you posting your track . Always a great time at your place with close racing . The long squeese section definatley adds to the track . It can take 4 or 5 laps to overtake other drivers if you are in the lane next to them , more challenging and a lot of fun over race distance .

One of the cool details I particularly like are the street lights made from drinking straws and plastic tea spoons , well done .

See you soon

Paul

One of the cool details I particularly like are the street lights made from drinking straws and plastic tea spoons , well done .

See you soon

Thanks Paul - see you Saturday!

Here is a night shot of the LED spoon lights working.

night-shot.jpg

• 6 months later...

Im really blown away how many tracks there are around Brissy and the quality is just outstanding.Wish I had found this site before I spent a small fortune on SCX plastic track.Im going routed for sure.I would love to hold some race[drink] nights at my place.Ive been running at commercial tracks like the old Beenleigh track now at Browns plains and the old Woodridge tracks on and off since I was a kid so Im not used to all the scenery with light etc.Just unreal.

Edited by vintage racer