Redlands Raceway

B.P.

Hey guys/gals

This is my SCXD track which has been in construction for about 4 years. Its 4.5 X 2.4 metres and cars run between low 6's to 8's.

The table is on casters to roll in and out, and is accessible on all four sides.

The pit lane is fully functional and just about completed.

The scenery is very basic at this stage and is a work in progress.

Enjoy!!! I know I do :strain:

gallery_89_396_78320.jpg

gallery_89_396_104359.jpg

gallery_89_396_248780.jpg

gallery_89_396_45654.jpg

gallery_89_396_37395.jpg

gallery_89_396_63268.jpg

Also a quick note to say thanks to Adrian at RedRacer for sourcing all the parts. Cheers mate.

Sweet lookin' track. Are all those SCX lights still running on batteries or have you got them wired in?

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hey Chas

The SCXD system runs mehanical cross overs. The great thing is no power needed for lane changing.

I have had my track running with 3 power supplys which plug straight into the pitbox control unit run about 85ft of track 6 cars lap tower and a chronometer

with no troubles. SCXD is a very good out the box product. In the eraly years it was a bit crappy but the past couple of years it has become a great product and pretty much the best after sales service from all over the globe.

SCXD is great!!!

Cheers

redvanth

Hey guys and gal,

Thanks for all the comments , I really appreciate them.

@ Ember, the lights are only battery operated at the moment, but are a crowd pleaser when dark.

@ chas , as Red says the SCXD system is unique in its lane changing mechanism. The cars change lanes not the track. You can put as many LC's as you want on the track with no ill effects to the cars power. Also it has a "powerline" which powers the other features (lap counter, chrono, fuel) independently.

Its quite a brilliant system am I'm surprised it hasn't taken off here in Oz.

@ chas , as Red says the SCXD system is unique in its lane changing mechanism. The cars change lanes not the track. You can put as many LC's as you want on the track with no ill effects to the cars power. Also it has a "powerline" which powers the other features (lap counter, chrono, fuel) independently.

Its quite a brilliant system am I'm surprised it hasn't taken off here in Oz.

Ok... Now that's making me way more curious about SCXD. Seem to hear an inordinate amount of whinging about the others.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Ta for information Red and BP.

I have never heard of system. I had wrongly assummed it was digital with acronymn of SCXD (D for digital).

When you say changes not from track I assume they have separate power supply for lane changing. Sounds a bit like model trains.

How do you change lanes then and how does this impact on other cars apart from the one you are driving. Do changeover points return to straight each time or what?

Will try to find explanation on web but if you want to fill me in further that is fine.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Hi Charles

You are right it is digital.

I am a huge SCX digital fan. I am so happy that i chose this system. As BP stated its not 100% perfet but i feel its pretty close.

Ill try my best to explain how the system works.

You can run up to 6 cars at any one time on 2 or more lanes. Each car has a digital chip. On top of this digital chip is a small arm know as the LC ARM ( lane change arm).The LC arm moves up and down by pressing a button on your controller. The guide pin in the car has a small dropper/plunger. When you press the Lane change button on your controller the LC arm goes down which in turns presses the dropper/plunger down.

Now in the cross over peices on the track they have a small lever in the slot. When your cars LC arm presses down the plunger this then hits the lever in the crossover peice and makes the guide pin in the car change lanes. So once your guide is through,the lane returns back straight. No car can follow you unless they also press there lane change button. Also these lane changes can go anywhere, and you can have as many as you like. even if your sliding you can still activate a lane change.

So the lane change requires no power at all. It is totally mehanical. The entire system relise on the digital chip. If you need a replacement chip the cost is only about $25. or if your handy,i just replace a small part on the chip for $1.85. Occassionally after lots of crashes the cars get damaged. No matter which system you get you have this problem.

The entire system runs on 1 2 or 3 power supplys. 2amps 18v each.

Unlike other systems if you added accessories like lap towers lighted bridge chronometers these do not take away from the cars power, SCXD has whats know

as the powerline. This is an independant line of power running seperate to the track power.This power line is built into the track peices. To the naked eye it not really noticeable. This power line controls the accessories. This is how they can get the system to work with no power loss to the cars.

Out of the box this is by far the best system available. The standard pit box set up will allow you to program braking on the cars, set the fuel tank limits per car

and individual car speed programming. The individual speed programming is great when i race my kids, I can race in full speed and they can be in precision(kids) mode.

Some of the great features are the qualifying options. This is good to pre deterime the starting grid. Another good feature is the when a car begins to run out of fuel it begins to spatter. The car will actually run really jerky and hobble back to the pits. if you dont make it back then your out of the race. Also the car will drive differently with a full tank of petrol. Once you start to burn fuel the car will become faster hence less fuel means its lighter.

SCX have really worked hard to perfect this system. At first it was a bit crappy but they have worked really hard to make better cars and better digital accessories. The Scxworldwide.com website is great place to get info. the tech support on this site from the mangement from SCX is fantastic.

Australia has a new distributor and he is really good and helpful so I look forward to a good future in Australia for SCX

Hopefully my info has helped.

Cheers

Redvanth

Not sure whether it is my scene but sounds interesting. Have also been readfing about Scorpious system which can have a lot more cars still.

What sort of delay is there in digital response so you can change lanes? Will have a look at the website you mention.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Hi Charles

You are right it is digital.

I am a huge SCX digital fan. I am so happy that i chose this system. As BP stated its not 100% perfet but i feel its pretty close.

Ill try my best to explain how the system works.

You can run up to 6 cars at any one time on 2 or more lanes. Each car has a digital chip. On top of this digital chip is a small arm know as the LC ARM ( lane change arm).The LC arm moves up and down by pressing a button on your controller. The guide pin in the car has a small dropper/plunger. When you press the Lane change button on your controller the LC arm goes down which in turns presses the dropper/plunger down.

Now in the cross over peices on the track they have a small lever in the slot. When your cars LC arm presses down the plunger this then hits the lever in the crossover peice and makes the guide pin in the car change lanes. So once your guide is through,the lane returns back straight. No car can follow you unless they also press there lane change button. Also these lane changes can go anywhere, and you can have as many as you like. even if your sliding you can still activate a lane change.

So the lane change requires no power at all. It is totally mehanical. The entire system relise on the digital chip. If you need a replacement chip the cost is only about $25. or if your handy,i just replace a small part on the chip for $1.85. Occassionally after lots of crashes the cars get damaged. No matter which system you get you have this problem.

The entire system runs on 1 2 or 3 power supplys. 2amps 18v each.

Unlike other systems if you added accessories like lap towers lighted bridge chronometers these do not take away from the cars power, SCXD has whats know

as the powerline. This is an independant line of power running seperate to the track power.This power line is built into the track peices. To the naked eye it not really noticeable. This power line controls the accessories. This is how they can get the system to work with no power loss to the cars.

Out of the box this is by far the best system available. The standard pit box set up will allow you to program braking on the cars, set the fuel tank limits per car

and individual car speed programming. The individual speed programming is great when i race my kids, I can race in full speed and they can be in precision(kids) mode.

Some of the great features are the qualifying options. This is good to pre deterime the starting grid. Another good feature is the when a car begins to run out of fuel it begins to spatter. The car will actually run really jerky and hobble back to the pits. if you dont make it back then your out of the race. Also the car will drive differently with a full tank of petrol. Once you start to burn fuel the car will become faster hence less fuel means its lighter.

SCX have really worked hard to perfect this system. At first it was a bit crappy but they have worked really hard to make better cars and better digital accessories. The Scxworldwide.com website is great place to get info. the tech support on this site from the mangement from SCX is fantastic.

Australia has a new distributor and he is really good and helpful so I look forward to a good future in Australia for SCX

Hopefully my info has helped.

Cheers

Redvanth

Yep, I think you got it all. Couldn't have said it any better.

• 8 months later...