Two Lane Routed Layout

cliffy

Well it's finished, 11m lap in both lanes, 12mm MDF, foldup table legs which means you can sit and race to your hearts content, copper tape, adjustable Dick Smith power supply running at 10volts giving a lap time of around 5sec in both lanes.

Painted in Real Road Base, timing C/- AFX timer. 1/10th second between the two lanes so quite close. Real racers layout where you have to pick your passing point very early, then build up to it making it stick, or crash...

I've said it before and will again, this track is better than digital, a LOT more fun, and closer to real racing.... I've raced on Scalex Digital and own a stack of Pro-x, neither cut the mustard compared to this layout.

_C7O4164.jpg

_C7O4179.jpg

I have been doing some pretty hard racing on it and would love to hear from anyone who would be interested in a race meeting in the region. PM me or email me... cliffy

I've said it before and will again, this track is better than digital, a LOT more fun, and closer to real racing.... I've raced on Scalex Digital and own a stack of Pro-x, neither cut the mustard compared to this layout.

looks good Cliff, is it the use of the squeeze sections that gives the closeness in the racing? I have 2 squeezes on my current track but I am considering whether to leave them out on my next track.

cheers

DM

Yep it's the sqeeze sections that make it entertaining, it also allows a more flowing layout in quite a small area. When running cars by myself it's really fast and flowing, a great layout, very entertaining, but when you race, it's a real thinkers layout, you have to pick your passing spot sometimes two or three laps before you actually make it, then just go for it, if you miss, you crash....

The squeeze under the bridge lets the slower driver stall the faster driver, who loses his/her rhythm, this is frustrating but again ads very much to the actual racing experience. For such a small layout it's an amazing track.