Bill's Track

Bill

Hi Guys , Thought I would repost my track on the site, the track is about two years old now and has not changed much since I posted the build on here. Track is MDF routed three lanes of 15 meters each and has magna braid with ferrodore surface.

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00015-1.jpg

DSC00016-1.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018-1.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

Cheers Bill

Hi DM, yes for magnets , sorry no video, you are lucky to get photos, anything to do with computers - digital cameras is beyond me (showing my age now) actually trying to forget that to.

Richard, I forgot that you were here with your camera, nothing has changed since then.

Cheers Bill

Hi DM, yes for magnets , sorry no video, you are lucky to get photos, anything to do with computers - digital cameras is beyond me (showing my age now) actually trying to forget that to.

Richard, I forgot that you were here with your camera, nothing has changed since then.

Cheers Bill

Looks good Bill you will have to organize a night at your place in the not to distant future.Do you reckon you can fit us all in?

West Australian Slot Car Racing Group

web: www.waslotcarracinggroup.com

email: syd.miller@outlook.com scott.kendal@bigpond.com

mob: Syd 0413 020 421 or Chris 0435086304

thanks Bill

I am thinking of going with magnabraid - hence why I was interested in some video of how the track drove with magnets

cheers

DM

I was over at a track that was copper tape a few weeks ago, and then another with magnabraid this weekend. First thing I did when i got on the magna braid is pull the magnets out. hehe. I *felt* it was harder to drive with the magnets in and was less fun. I like sliding the thing around a bit. Also found that with magnents they just "let go" unexpectedly. But we are now onto the magnets vs non-mag debate. But, the magna braid definitely had pull/attraction.

Edited by gzminiz

thanks Bill

I am thinking of going with magnabraid - hence why I was interested in some video of how the track drove with magnets

cheers

DM

I was over at a track that was copper tape a few weeks ago, and then another with magnabraid this weekend. First thing I did when i got on the magna braid is pull the magnets out. hehe. I *felt* it was harder to drive with the magnets in and was less fun. I like sliding the thing around a bit. Also found that with magnents they just "let go" unexpectedly. But we are now onto the magnets vs non-mag debate. But, the magna braid definitely had pull/attraction.

What happens is you may get someone who thinks it is a good idea to load up his car with magnets, cause he can't drive for crap, and if you have ANY weak spots his car will be wearing your braid.

avoiding making Bill's track thread a magnet non magnet debate - I am thinking of going with magnabraid because I want the option of magnets or no magnets - I find some cars just run better with some magnetic traction - unless you spend $$ changing gears and wheels and tyres etc.. so for me that is the way I am looking at going.

I have also read on here that braid lasts longer, gives better current flow and doesn't peel up or tear on the corners like the copper tape I currently

have does...

cheers

DM

thanks Bill

cheers

DM

DM,

After racing on Bill's track (and if money weren't an issue), I'd definitely go with magna-braid; as others have said you can always remove the magnets!!

Cheers

Richard

avoiding making Bill's track thread a magnet non magnet debate - I am thinking of going with magnabraid because I want the option of magnets or no magnets - I find some cars just run better with some magnetic traction - unless you spend $$ changing gears and wheels and tyres etc.. so for me that is the way I am looking at going.

I have also read on here that braid lasts longer, gives better current flow and doesn't peel up or tear on the corners like the copper tape I currently

have does...

cheers

DM

What I am saying is you can't expect everybody to obey the rules so take out the temptation and use normal braid . The tinned copper braid I used on my third track is simply terrific!

The magnet debate is a funny thing as i have built this track with magna braid having come from a large ninco setup and now race with Syd and the boys on straight copper braid no magnets and must admit that if i build another track i would certainly go copper for the reasons Syd mentioned, having said that i still like to come home and put a car on the track with magnets and have a blast, the times are certainly faster but there is nothing like having the controlled slides and handling of nonmag. As was mentioned car set up is every thing and i must thank Syd and the crew for sharing their vast knowledge of tuning and helping the rest of the crew to set up our cars. I hope the rest of you guys enjoy the friendship and fun of these slot car addicts like I do,Thanks SYD. Cheers Bill B):D

• 4 months later...

I note comment about length of track. Having looked at schedule for Aussy series recently however seems it is within range of normal. They all appear to be between 15-20 metres. I think configuration is more important and yours looks great.

Regards

Chas Le Breton, NZ