RichieAPhoto
5. RichieA

Recently Added Posts

GAS41TPhoto

GAS41T · Today, 03:00 PM
Wow jimmy Thatís a beautiful bit of kit.... Rossko
Capri-corn7Photo

Capri-corn7 · Today, 12:40 PM
One more and we have a house class!! get on with it :) they look amazing - love the engine det...
slotmadmacPhoto

slotmadmac · Today, 09:48 AM
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/slotmadmac/Harmon-2019-Auslot_zpsiu6bshlo.jpg
Aquakiwi1952Photo

Aquakiwi1952 · Today, 08:50 AM
Ditto, one of the greats.
Capri-corn7Photo

Capri-corn7 · Today, 08:37 AM
I wish you'd kept the voltage at 12v for muscle cars so you all would have fallen off more and my...

Top Posters

kalbfellpPhoto
1. kalbfellp
10,826 posts
EmberPhoto
2. Ember
8,238 posts
gazzaPhoto
3. gazza
8,228 posts
Eno the WonderdogPhoto
4. Eno the Wonderdog
6,885 posts
SlotsNZPhoto
5. SlotsNZ
6,623 posts

Newest Members

RyanPhoto
1. Ryan
jjgrubbPhoto
2. jjgrubb
WingmanPhoto
3. Wingman
RodsunPhoto
4. Rodsun
RichieAPhoto
5. RichieA

Recently Added Posts

GAS41TPhoto

GAS41T · Today, 03:00 PM
Wow jimmy Thatís a beautiful bit of kit.... Rossko
Capri-corn7Photo

Capri-corn7 · Today, 12:40 PM
One more and we have a house class!! get on with it :) they look amazing - love the engine det...
slotmadmacPhoto

slotmadmac · Today, 09:48 AM
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/slotmadmac/Harmon-2019-Auslot_zpsiu6bshlo.jpg
Aquakiwi1952Photo

Aquakiwi1952 · Today, 08:50 AM
Ditto, one of the greats.
Capri-corn7Photo

Capri-corn7 · Today, 08:37 AM
I wish you'd kept the voltage at 12v for muscle cars so you all would have fallen off more and my...

Scaleauto Track System - You heard it here first folks

Photo SlotsNZ in Front Page News 22 May 2019

ScaleAuto have now announced the full specifications of their track system, including one item that surprised me - SIX Radii, with four being available for distribution shortly, then two further stages over the coming year. The prize for spotting the repeated typo is personal gratification, and the knowledge that English is probably your first language.

What you say, first Policar now this?

Well good I say, we now have two track systems under the management of dedicated hobby slotting companies. So this is all future-proofing for the hobby.

Here we have
a plastic track system from a dedicated hobbyist company which is suitable for both 1/32nd and 1/24th scale.
SIX radii means a very flexible design platform for club tracks.
With the sad decline in hand skills of the younger generation, we just don't have the future of hand built wood tracks we have been blessed with in the past.
They are offering the components in 4 units retail packing and 50 units bulk packing for club use - pricing is sharp, especially for the bulk pack product.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

What Have We Here?

Photo Vinno in Front Page News 22 Feb 2019

I am very appreciative of Armchair Racer to give me the opportunity to be able to try out the new Policar track system. Over the weekend I will give my impression of the way the track drives with both the supplied BRZ and other cars.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This Will Make Some Happy

Photo SlotsNZ in Front Page News 26 Jan 2019

With some slot makers gearing up for Nurnberg, we see a lot more activity in new products.
I think these will make a few folk happy. Subaru STI under the Policar label
Posted Image

A couple of these will grace a set later this year

Posted Image
Posted Image

Policar 330 P4 And 412P

Photo SlotsNZ in Front Page News 27 Sep 2018

This model was announced some time ago. Now we get a look at the first test shots in colour, and learn that two variants will be produced.

The 330 P4 and the 412P
These are obviously mock-ups, so they are not there to show quality, just the concept for final tweaking.

Given that they are appearing as the first new "Classics" mold under Policar, as opposed to the 312p which came across from a Slot.it mold,
we can pretty much assume they intend using these as one of their "set" car options next year.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

The Policar (Slot.it) Track System

Photo SlotsNZ in Front Page News 07 Aug 2018

In December of 2017 Policar; a part of Slot.it, announced that they would begin production of a track system meeting
the requi
rements of European clubs, which race mainly on plastic tracks; as well as a top quality option for home tracks.
The track has 90mm lane spacing - the same as Ninco track.

Posted Image

Ninco has been the most widely used club track, and the Policar track has a textured, but less abrasive surface perfectly suited
for grip when racing without traction magnets, and forgiving in dusty environments. The track is made from a rigid plastic which
will not warp, and the plastic slot liner inside the rails will not fold inwards or close up at the joints.
There is an adapter track
between the two systems. Having seen prototypes when I visited Galileo Engineering (Slot.it) earlier in 2017, I can attest that
they have adopted the best aspects of other track systems, and improved joining methods, surface, and plastic composition.

- Textured surface scrubs dust from tyres to maintain better grip than smooth tracks in dusty conditions
- Note the rail liner, and flat racing surface - the rails are not "raised"
Posted Image

- Rigid plastic that will not warp or buckle with temperature change.

Posted Image

- Slot depth 8.5mm will take Slot.it wood guides
- 90mm lane spacing
Posted Image

- Robust electric connection, easy to use, secure clipping system, and lined slot which will not close up at the joints
The electrical connection is very good, and the steel rails are rust resistant stainless steel.

Posted Image

- 60mm wide border sections gives 105mm from slot centre to guard rail, great for non magnet racing
Posted Image

- Robust guard rails that clip above and below track

The joining system is easy to use for smaller hands, and very good, but these clips provide additional security for
locking sections together longitudinally in more permanent layouts

Posted Image
The clips pictured below in orange and red securely lock 4, 6 and 8 lane systems together laterally to eliminate gaps
Posted Image

They have designed the geometry, so that a layout can have the turns altered, while retaining the main structure,
as the geometry of the various curves simply requires the addition or subtraction of half straight pieces to restore
continuity.
See R1 at top, through to R4 at bottom.
Initial track will be 4 lane (R1 and R2), expanded to 8 lane at the end of the year.

Posted Image
This will be a real bonus for people who like to experiment with track alterations.

In 2019, digital track pieces will be added.

Posted Image
There is additional detail in the document at this link "WhyPolicar"

That'll Be Shaken Not Stirred Please

Photo SlotsNZ in Front Page News 13 Jul 2018

Final product pics are out of the soon to be distributed Slot.it Alfa 155
The have given this a new model number, being a 1995 car as opposed to the previous Alfas which were 1994 models. I have no idea of the differences. I'll have to leave that to the experts.

It does look Purdy
Posted Image
Same setup as the previous Alfa released and the Opel

Chassis: Podded
Motor: Slot.it V12/4 21,000rpm 150g*cm 7.9 watts @12V (MX15) mounted as Inline
Axle & Gears - 2.38mm (3/32nd)
Gearing: Crown 28t - Pinion 9t brass
Has adjustable height front axle - this requires optional M2.0 Hex screws not supplied with car
Hubs: 15.8mm x 8.3mm - plastic front, alloy rear
Tyres front and rear: Product code PT1228C1
M2 allen key under box for rear hubs and for optional screw for front axle adjustment
SSD Upgradable: Yes, use Slot.it SP15b

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Site Sponsors

Online Users

1 members, 53 visitors and 0 anonymous users

SlotsNZ

Portal v1.3.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS