Just Died...

Matticus

So I thought I'd be a smart ass and set a car up so it'd run itself in. Set the track to 7.5v, throw a elastic band around a controller and walk away, come back in an hour or so and the car would be nicely run in for me.

Erm, no.

Get back down there the cars not moving (must admit, it was probably 2.5hrs later by the time I got back there). Turns out the car don't want to run no more. Changed the braid, got me a few inches but that was about it. Pulled it all apart and gave it a clean, nothing.

Its' a Scaley Nissan Z Calsonic JGTC. Not chipped or anything, just doesn't want to run now.

Probably serves me right, but anyone got any ideas? I'm meant to be racing the thing tomorrow night and all!

Beauty.

Tried a different controller, tried a different lane, no luck.

I was using the standard Scaley control cos I don't care if it fries. It's defo the car; another car works fone on both that lane with that control, that lane with a dif control, and the other lane with all of the above...

Beauty.

Did you oil the axle and motor up a little ?

After 2.5 hours it probably got hot dragging a binding axle around and labouring under 7.5 volts ,

it may be that it was a dud motor in the first place but if you were watching it you could have seen what happened. Live and learn huh , but on the bright side you can now buy a faster motor .

Much easier and cheaper than all that. Was one of the Scaley Takara's with the crappy wiring at the front; one had busted that I didn't notice last night. Cut out the little resister thingy and soldered the wires straight to the guide thing and it's fixed. My rocket ship is back in action.

Beauty.

My track is quite dusty and there was a nice clean line around some of the tighter bends, so it implies it'd been running a while. Also the guide was pretty much finished.

I reckon I left it for the better part of 3 hours. Nothing was warm when I got back down there, so I'd say probably 2hrs at most.

Beauty.