Holden Whinging Has Again...knobbled The Fords

jphanna

Since 1993……..when the v8 supercars series was conceived, every time ford wins more than 2 races in a row, Holden has gone running to CAMS for a knobbling to slow the Fords down.

This year…..is no exception of course, Ford won the first race and then the mustangs were laden with 28KG in the roof, by the third race

They still won…….

Now they are chopping the AERO, front and rear on the Mustangs………they wont stop knobbling the mustang until Holden are guaranteed victory.

So if the Mustang wins another race….will they make them pull out 2 spark plug leads……?

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

Makes me SICK

888 make a lot of parts for Supercars ....

Roland has a big say or whinging obviously....

How long did Holden dominate Series consecutively...

Mustang has 28kg added now changing rear wing size and lip plus taking away underslitter aero this just makes me sick...

Parity is what there calling it ....since when sick of being lied to and taking for a idiot ......

No one car should dominate every race, regardless of the series. The best racing is where there are several contenders, not just one. I understand being frustrated that the mustang has finally had a good run, but have a closer look, the series is being dominated right now by the Mustang. Like most i believe Scotty Mac and Chaz are both world class, but the other ford drivers in my opinion are nothing special, yet the season started with Ford domination at the pointy end.

I believe change was necessary, just as last year when composite roof panels where allowed after the start of the season to reduce the apparent advantage of the Holden. We all want our guy to win, but remember, for a category to succeed you need people with money, and racing. Without racing people don't watch. I pay for foxtel and haven't been too excited this year.

I wonder, if Nissan dominated (again), would Nissan be banned? (Again)...

• Upvote 1

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

I worked for Yokohama last year at Time Attack Eastern Creek. It was amazing how much support there was for the offshore branded cars.

The younger guys seem to be into the smaller turbo cars these days and let's face it, the young ones represent the future.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

www.sydneyslotcars.com

I havent even seen one of these Opels on the road.

I want real cars, with addition of only a roll cage and safety gear. Until then I wont be wasting my time.

Categories should be by retail price too not engine size.

• Upvote 1

3 stooges, 2 apologists and 1 deep endless mess.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

• 2 weeks later...

Nations cup was the only reason we used to go. Then touring car masters.

Not interested in a hybrid NASCAR style set up.

Off the showroom floor. Throw in a cage and suspension. Off we go ??

Paul

Try Harder, if you dont fail your not trying hard enough

I lost 98% of my interest in the V8's when Foxtel, which is owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation and Telstra decided to move to pay per view.

Unfortunately not every person has the disposable income to afford pay TV but idiots like Rupert Murdoch and Telstra just don't get it and just don't give a rat's ass about this. As long as they make their millions in advertising gouging and subscriptions.

Then we add all this other BS because one brand has more wins than the other and someone doesn't like being the loser they go running of to daddy with dummy spits. GTFU Holden, face facts, you just are not that good as you 'think and believe' you are.

We also need to consider that it just isn't about the hardware (cars, tyres, fuel etc) we also need to consider the talent driving the hardware, some drivers just have the knack and are just so simply much better at driving than the losing team.

When will everyone be given a trophy just because they competed but still lost, to make them happy feel good and not feel left out they must all be given a trophy like schools, someone and more than one has to be the loser, that is how competition and races work, 1st, 2nd, 3rd the rest are losers with their own placements.

I really do not know how much longer the V8 Supercar series has left if they continue down this misguided path that they are on.

Simply reading this thread we can see there is discontent amongst fans of this event, it will only continue and grow worse.

• Upvote 1

No one car should dominate every race, regardless of the series. The best racing is where there are several contenders, not just one. I understand being frustrated that the mustang has finally had a good run, but have a closer look, the series is being dominated right now by the Mustang. Like most i believe Scotty Mac and Chaz are both world class, but the other ford drivers in my opinion are nothing special, yet the season started with Ford domination at the pointy end.

I believe change was necessary, just as last year when composite roof panels where allowed after the start of the season to reduce the apparent advantage of the Holden. We all want our guy to win, but remember, for a category to succeed you need people with money, and racing. Without racing people don't watch. I pay for foxtel and haven't been too excited this year.

I wonder, if Nissan dominated (again), would Nissan be banned? (Again)...

Yes the best car WILL indeed dominate the series. Thats why it will be the best car and win the manufacturer contest.

Otherwise you have “parity” which is losing fans in droves, especially Ford fans.

They do it to horse racing, says a lot.

Edited by aussieslotter

3 stooges, 2 apologists and 1 deep endless mess.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

• 2 weeks later...

Holden has never been actually slowed down in 25 years of this formula.

ONCE……they made a feeble attempt to pretend they are addressing a parity imbalance.

That ordered them to remove 2mm of the gurney lip. At that same time…….ford had 70% of its front under tray removed.

The result of the 2mm gurney lip to Holden……NOTHING

The result of losing 70% of front undertray to Ford…….shredded cooked tyres after 10 mins of racing. This went on for 5 years before project BLUEprint finally was imposed.

5 years of crushing FORD seemed to not be noticed by CAMS…….

Yet ONE race win this year by Mustang…….and CAMS (Holden $$$$)

28KG to top of roll cage

Front undertray cut

Rear AERO cut

Just one race!!!!……..wonder who in CAMS has a loaded bank account with donations from Holden

I think it's more than just Holden and Ford, back in the days of Godzilla the nissans kicked butt by such a margin that the punters got bored and stopped going to watch races. So the organisers would be wanting to avoid that to keep the sponsors happy.

I think these days the crowd numbers seem to be getting less but for different reasons.

If the Fords need 28kg handicap to even things up then clearly they are faster.

On the street however it doesn't matter how fast your car is, there are so many speed cameras and radars these days it's just no fun :-(

www.sydneyslotcars.com

Many of these comments had me chuckling on the inside, one or two had me laughing out loud, clearly Supercars Australia have been missing the mark for many years! Will wait this out, not sure how the TCR series will go, hopefully not the way of the 2.0L super tourers in the early 2000's, its funny that ten years ago "V8 Supercars" were claiming that it was Australia's fastest growing spectator sport, then they aim for the TV market, races in Dubai etc. My gut feeling is that they need a formula that the viewers/spectators can relate to and I think they are missing the mark!

Wonder what the fifth Bathurst major meeting is going to be? That has my interest! Seems international endurance race (FIA approval as a problem for faster categories?) or historic meeting similar to Goodwood were popular options in a recent survey.

Looks like TCR has the first part right. TCR races live on SBS today and tomorrow with live streaming on the Shannons Nationals website of the whole meeting.

• Upvote 1

Corporate greed is driving inflation.

Cash, use it or lose it.  No Digital Currency, No Digital ID.

Looks like TCR has the first part right. TCR races live on SBS today and tomorrow with live streaming on the Shannons Nationals website of the whole meeting.

I saw bits and pieces of it, the TV production is more basic but has more of a genuine feel to it. I'm very happy it is on SBS where it will attract less BS, will have to check out the website next time. Shannons backing is a good thing. Not sure about the whole thing being FWD, do the youngsters want to move onto other things? FWD is very different.

Edited by Slotspeed

Tony Cochrane was the one guy that tried to get an EVEN performance footing for ford and holden.

he was a shining light in a sea of corruption.