New Routed Track Plan

RePete

Hey Guys

Well the artin track has gone to a new home and I'm trying to decide what to do for the new routed track

I'm trying to control myself and keep it pretty compact but I have a tendancy to let things get out of hand and end up building bigger than the last rather than smaller

So heres what I'm thinking its pretty simple but I think it would race OK and be pretty flowing and theres a bit of room left for scenery

Any thoughts?

Figure8.jpg

Cheers Pete

Keep it in the groove

Pete

Hi Pete

The new design looks good it will make for fast lap times. What is the size of the layout ?

Charlie

Hey Charlie

The new owner has it all up and running and from what I hear is pretty happy with it all

The new track size is 1.4mtrs wide by 5.7 long

The main straight is about 3 mtrs long

I'm not convinced about this layout yet so I'm still fooling around with the track planner to see what I can come up with

I am tempted to do a routed version of my last 2 tracks kind of a cross between your track and the one I just sold

Oh well I guess we will all have to see what emerges

Cheers Pete

Keep it in the groove

Pete

Hi Pete,

The new design looks good, it didn't take you long to start again. All is going great with the track, have have a couple of great nights already.

We are currently is the process of adding some little bits and pieces to it and as it has relocated further inland I am working on a new name ( there is already a Erskine Park Raceway) so I'll have to get a little creative.

I'll keep you updated, thanks again for all your time and help.

Regards

Tony

Hey Tony Welcome to the forum

Watch out for the nasty guys who hang in here

Last sat night they forced me to stay up till 2 in the morn in a freezing cold shed :(

By the time I got home it was 4 oclock and I was a mess for the remainder of the weekend ;)

cheers pete

Keep it in the groove

Pete

Thank's Pete,

Saturday night must have been the night for it, I went out on a Buck's night and when I was dropped off i showed my mates the track and woooosh another hour was gone.

The Wife was not impressed as it was 3:30am in the morning and she has informed that if type of behaviour continues I'll spent to my room and she'll put my track away.

Hi Charlie,

I live in Erskine Park, not far from Erskine Park International

Regards,

Tony

I think it's goo enough to steal if you don't mind

But then again, it could be a while before I'm ready to steal anybodies ideas the rate I'm progressing

Go for it Big Red use it if you like I've got plenty of ideas ;)

Tony sounds like your gonna get hooked and there will be plenty of late nights spent in the garage ;)

Charlie can't talk about being last to leave thats why he got his own track so he couldn't get kicked out :(

Keep it in the groove

Pete

Can anyone tell me how to modify Petes' diagram so I can explain my thoughts?

Slo

Hey Slo

I'm not sure what you want to do but if you just want to sketch some notes onto the top of the layout you can try this

Right click on the picture and select "copy"

Then paste the picture into paint and save the modified copy to your PC

Upload the mod pic to photobucket and then post the link into your reply

IF you can be bothered have a go

Cheers Pete

Keep it in the groove

Pete

Don't worry Slo - RePete changes his mind more often than his underpants anyhow! (The dog makes a Muttley snickering noise..)

I think it look grouse like a grouse plan Pete. Only one thing though... yes I know there's always 'just one thing' but this one's a good-un..

Given the left hand end has shades of Phillip Island happening, how about making the other end a 'Parabolique' Monza-esqe then you have two bloody fast straighty bits and a complete prick of a turn on each end! :lol:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Hey Tony,

Welcome to the forum. Looks like Erskine Park is set to become the Slotcar capital of Australia. One more track and we could have a proxy comp. called "The Race Across Erskine Park."

G'day Tony

Another local boy, welcome aboard.

Jamie

If you include Bo's one suburb away and me 10 minutes down the freeway as well as Joe 20 minutes nth and we are really looking like having a busy bunch.

Oh sorry, Charlie 25 minutes sth from you now he's moved.

Where do I find photobucket ? Thanx!

Go to

http://photobucket.com./

Just open an acount (costs nothing)

Then upload pics onto site (automatically resized)

After loading right click on IMG box,click copy

Then past in your forum post

I use Mozilla for the Forum and Explorer for Bucket

It's just easier to cut and paste that way

Hope this helps

Gary

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Don't worry Slo - RePete changes his mind more often than his underpants anyhow! (The dog makes a Muttley snickering noise..)

Jeez, Dog, I read that comment, COMING FROM YOU and nearly snorted my drink thru my nose.....

Back to the topic. I like that design, but how about some different radiuses. I think a nice big sweeping corner to replace the kink on the over pass section would be excellent.

Keep up the good work!!!

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

If you include Bo's one suburb away and me 10 minutes down the freeway as well as Joe 20 minutes nth and we are really looking like having a busy bunch.

Oh sorry, Charlie 25 minutes sth from you now he's moved.

I haven't fallen of the earth either! I'm between Vinno and Bo. Baby's due any day now so I'll be out for a bit.

Pete,

Do like the high speed nature of the layout. As most would know with routing you can always change things here or there at any time, customizing to what you enjoy.

Well as Eno accused me of I might have changed my mind ( I prefer developed my design) and have a couple of options

I wanted to add a bit of length to the track and a bit of time to the laps so I added a switchback which should break things up a little

Here are the 2 variations (radius and details might change during routing but you get the idea)

swoopy8.jpg

skinny8.jpg

THe first one looks a bit nicer and would scenery up nicely but the second would have some advantages when it comes to marshalling and it would be easyer to get around in the shed as its footprint is a bit smaller

Any thoughts on either?

Keep it in the groove

Pete

I think the gap in the laps might cause a slight problem!

No 1 for me!

lets just hope he's forward planning this a bit better :ph34r:

i like #1 too

but what about having a kink in the straight to slow things down a bit???? (the 1 on the right bottom)

Edited by lavenlaar