Gold Coast Kiwi Raceway

Paul NZ

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey good looking track Paul. I like the changes you made. The "line" looks better now I think. :)

Todd

thanks Todd

Yes the line is better, Track is now @ 18m in length and my son holds the lap record at 6.915 sec in a VZ Commodore (V8 Supercar). I will start racing some GT's soon as I get their MJK tires fitted, I know these will be at least a sec quicker but at the moment we are enjoying the V8 racing.

One thing I noticed last night while playing with the timing software is the amount of rubber that is starting to get laid down on the track, I think the times will start to come down now, just need a few good drivers to stop by for a few laps to realy test the track.........I'm thinking of holding a race meeting, just need to see who is interested :)

Edited by Paul NZ

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Great layout Paul, your son has lap record well on such a technical layout he will be fast on anyones track.. :o

Yes...and he is only 10! :):) he is on at me to take him to the club track but I'm affraid he will show me up with my plafit cars ;)

I am going on holidays up your way in January so would love to have a race if and see your pioneering track!

You are more than welcome to stop by for a few laps, PM me with your plans and I'll give you the directions :o

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

• 1 month later...

Ok

Here are the last pics of the track, it is For sale!

need to move it on so Gold Coast Raceway II can take its place.

I've learnt a lot from this track build and expect the next to be better.

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2209.jpg

IMG_2211.jpg

I am really going to have to work hard at getting the new track up and running once this is gone, my son is NOT happy that it is going :(

see my For sale post for details of PM me.

Edited by Paul NZ

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Best of luck Paul.

The next one should be great, tell Cody not to worry too much, but to get used to it!

By the time you're on track #3 or 4, he'll be used to it! :)

I've drawn up that many designs this weekend that the poor boy is confused :D

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Time to call last laps and bid it farewell. Hope you're happy with what it achieved.

Enjoy the new adventure.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction