Oz Rally Proxy 2009/10

lenny broke

Just a few questions I'd be happy to get answered, so I can start to think of which car to build :)

Has anyone thought of what to define as "classics" yet? Any rally car from before 2000 or older?

I've been scrolling through some older posts from previous years, there where a lot of low powered cars ranking high in the 07/08 event, but I can't seem to find the specs for the 08/09 cars. is there a tech sheet available? I haven't read all of the

1112 post from last year yet though :)

Also couldn't find anything about 2WD or 4WD in the old rules, so should it follow the setup of the 1:1 car? or can anything be built?

gallery_434_503_9937.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This from the guy that runs cynoacrylate as a top clear coat on his car because its known to improve the aero drag efficiency :clap:

hat coat Im outa here.

LOL I know Italians are good knife throwers but us Poms are the masters of hate and wait. your comments are stored and will meet with the appropriate response at he selected time.

Place would be less interesting without you Rick. :D

Still Phils comment that if the cars fitted the rules penalties become irrelevant stands. I am not trying to upset Steve he has said he will help me solder my CPR entry to take on the great Robert Livingstones porsche 904 in the gtu class.

:) Im not upset , I just like stirring . Bringing in the wheels to be 2mm or 5mm inside the body is fine by me if thats the rule I will put purple dots on the roof if thats whats called for . My car was penalised - thats ok but if it was out of bounds in 08 nobody told me , thats still no excuse either as I shouldn't have assumed it was ok for 09 - I should have checked it . My fopar sorry to all those below third place in the 09 outcome . Im still gonna have a good time while it lasts though as I was on the podium in the end hee haw ........ seems I only just skimmed through by 0.46 of a mm for that podium placing though .

Winners are grinners hey Dave :redbounce: :):)

PS while we are on the subject of some people haveing an advantage over others ; I have noticed a few proxy cars with replacement vacuum formed lightweight glass . I understand that feature on a resin body as its a home made shell and therefore needs home made glass but is that coishure on factory brand cars . Lightweight glass does offer an advantage as far as weight above the axle line is decreased "only slightly" I agree , but only slightly seems to be a fine line that blurrs according to a certian point of view .

"Slightly lighter" is about the same as being "slightly wider" Where does the pendulum swing in relation to a factory made car getting its glass replaced with a lighter alternative ?

My point being Not everyone has access to the lightweight glass alternative . A simple phone call or internet order can be made to get a lightweight interior tray so thats Ok as everyone can get a lighter interior if they want but glass replacement is not as simple as placing an order . I may be just stirring the pot but vacuum glass is 0.46 grams lighter than the thicker factory glass

Ok ....hat , coat , time for a beer

OK, the thinking is over. I've made my car choice :)

You going to add shocks to that! and what does Lars say "Belly Out"?? :) Noice though!

Update Summary

Currently 21 expressions of interest (plus some others who have been putting their two bobs worth in)

Lenny Broke - Classics

Ronan - Classics or last years

Smallnails – Classics

Silver Rocket - Classics or New Cars (not repeating last years)

On theflipside – as above

Blue95 – Raid???

First Corner Crash - WRC or Classics

Devious – Classics

Old Slot – Classics

Tazracer – Classics or anything different to last year

John Schoen – Classics

Davnic74 - Classics or anything but last years

356Speedster – Classics

The Stig - ???

Anthony – anything but Raid

BMR – anything different but last years if that’s it!

teamredracing – Classics

Syd – not voted

Cyph – not voted

Hatstack? – not voted

Jaak Beenties – if last years

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Yeah, we need some working 1/32 scale shocks :)

OK, my little Abarth did struggle a bit on Lars's track last weekend, bottoming out all over the place. But just wait until the Ireland and UK events where we hit the flat tracks, then it will show it's true speed :redbounce:

I've built many Fly Rally 911 SC's over the last years and also used the chassis in other proxy cars, so this is a safe car for me to enter. This latest release is also faster than earlier versions with the new long can motor, and finally it came with true 2.38 mm axles so mixing in a few slot.it parts is now a breeze.

The suspension need some re-work, but straight out of the box it really goes well. John, you need to glue in a AS Hunter in that evil twin to keep up with this baby :)

Mel, have you got any car ideas yet?

gallery_434_503_9937.jpg

I would like to see the Classis Class defined!

Because I have looked at "classic" rally cars and there are some very good cars that rallied,BMW M1,Ferrari,Mercedes!

So before the class is decided the Classic period and eligibility should be sorted,it is no good deciding on a class and then finding that what YOU thought could run has been excluded.

BMR:

Not everyone has access to the lightweight glass alternative

Yes they do,all they have to do is either build a vac form machine OR send the original down to me and GROVEL :) , for a small fee I can make both glass and interiors. Usually cost is less that a set of tyres.

I also then end up with a bigger range of moulds! :) I have most SCX WRC and some Ninco WRC ones now.

Edited by kalbfellp

Mel, have you got any car ideas yet?

I'm hanging in suspenders waiting for what we will be running with. Looking like some era in with classics if the current "voting" is considered.

Also be great to know the tracks but wouldn't mind trying to get one of these Flys modded up to suit.

FlyRally.jpg

Really hard to go past the Ninco's with shocks and MJK tyres though but a controlled class may balance that.

May be good to have several classes - to see what people can pull together

Edited by Ontheflipside

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

Viva La Charez!!!....oh, I mean La O'Dea.

What this series needs is a no nonsense Dictator, so more then happy for you to take it on Alan

I'm sure that Triggy and myself will put up Limestone Pass for the event.

For cars? I'm not that fussed. Something different that is not raid would be fine. Group B or Group A sounds good, just not sure how many different cars there are out there.

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Ok, this talk seems to be very positive for later this year,

As there hasn't been any dissent to Lenny putting up his hand to be organiser do we as a rally group endorse Lenny as the official organiser, so we can progress???

If so, then Lenny can " colude" with his close confidants to confirm the class. Which appears to be classics, which is good for something different, only dates of era's to be confirmed by the " dictator"?

P.S Lenny already has my vote in an earlier post.

P.S.S. No word from Gazza yet on this topic. Is he not interested or otherwise engaged? Craig, can you enlighten us?

Normal people worry me

I would like to see the Classis Class defined!

Because I have looked at "classic" rally cars and there are some very good cars that rallied,BMW M1,Ferrari,Mercedes!

So before the class is decided the Classic period and eligibility should be sorted,it is no good deciding on a class and then finding that what YOU thought could run has been excluded.

BMR:

Not everyone has access to the lightweight glass alternative

Yes they do,all they have to do is either build a vac form machine OR send the original down to me and GROVEL :lol: , for a small fee I can make both glass and interiors. Usually cost is less that a set of tyres.

I also then end up with a bigger range of moulds! :P I have most SCX WRC and some Ninco WRC ones now.

:lol: hee hee gotya Phil ;) just pokin fun , Vacuum formed glass don't make any difference when most of the field has a 240 amp battery glued into the lower depths of the chassis . Its not hard to make the cars lighter above the axles - just wind the windows down .

So are we getting new number stickers again this year ?

Should we make rookies paint their rear bumpers yellow ?

So are we getting new number stickers again this year ?

"Settle petal" :P Gotta get the organiser signed and sealed and the class/era determined first!

And If there are stickers, I am sure you will be afforded the #3P ( P= penalty applied) :lol: :lol: :P;):lol:

Yes, Hoffy will get #1P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Normal people worry me

Well if it is decided what will be run (classics or not) i would like to have #69 again.

Will have a look at what i can sort together but would as requested before love to see a list of eligible cars.

which might be easy if it i will be said something like..:

Any car that ran i groupe A and B from 1982 to 1996 then it would be easy to wicky-google if the car you want to drive is in.

i assume that if you have evidence the car will be 'granted'.

I do own a Spirit Renault 5 Turbo Marlboro livery but kinda want to keep it as a shelf queen....

Will see what and how things will be chosen.

club-1.pngchristian-fish-symbola.jpg

THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE

Guys, don't take the Group A/B thing as granted! It was only a suggestion!

Maybe we could do a 60's Monte Carlo Rally? A whole field of Minis, and make it that they all have to have Johnson open can motors..... (well, thats what we will tell Rick).

BTW, I have another rule that will stump most of you.....maximum weight, 80g.....

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

The suspension need some re-work, but straight out of the box it really goes well. John, you need to glue in a AS Hunter in that evil twin to keep up with this baby :lol:

The twin is is .2 sec quicker with a Hunter. Easier to drive too because the motor is smoother than the SCX Pro Speed. :lol:

I think a big C in red paint on the bonnet, kinda like the Scarlet letter

A big L plate on the roof will do just fine, thank you. :P

Hi Guys

If there is no real objection to me being the i'l Deuce' I'll start work on getting some rules up and running.

Well actually I've taken the liberty of putting together an advisory group to assist me in setting the series up.

They are in no particular order Triggy, Ontheflipside (Mel), Phil K and Gazza. These guys have kindly said yes to help me out.

They will be helping with the running of the series and I will seek their opinion when required. I would ask that if you have a specific problem that you direct it to me rather than lobbying them individually.

I'd suggest that you hold off on what type of cars you are intending to run while we work out what we are going to do, while we work on the rules and define what the class of car will be this next week. While nothing is decided yet it appears that "classic" is the most popular one. Just what defines a classic will have to be decided.

I'll start work on a draft set of rules today and give them to the "gang of 4" for comment and hopefully we'll have them up on the forum before the of this week.

Once the rules are finalised and in effect I suggest that you all read and understand them. If you are not sure about anything please contact me and we'll get it clarified for you. If you think that the car of choice is going to be a problem complying with the rules I would suggest tht you may have to reconsider your choice. There will be no concession for a particular model if it can't be made to fit into the rules. The onus is on the entrant to ensure it does so.

Also if you think there will be a problem with your choice of product and equipment used on your entry due to the prevailing conditions during the series you may need to reconsider your choice of that product.

Please be patient while we get this happening

Cheers Alan

Enough time, no objections, so . . . .

Go Go Gooooooooo

Expressions from all states except Qld. Anyone home?? <_<

Is NZ International or part of OZ? :P Enter one for Possum guys. :)

Four international expressions so far.

Edited by Ontheflipside

Yep 4 at the moment... <_<

Jaak.............................representing the Dutch in Swiss--(will go with anything but have a preferance for the Group A & B rally cars)

John.............................representing the Dutch in Holland

Ronan..........................representing the Irish

356speedster.Torre..representing the Norwegians

Now who will be the next victim..eh participant from a different country participating in this series? :)

Will bug some of the people on SF to see if they would like to join :P

Edited by Jaak Beentjes

club-1.pngchristian-fish-symbola.jpg

THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE

Sounds good to me Alan. Whatever the rules are is what they are and they are the same for everyone so just chat to the guys in your advisory group and make them firm. Proxies should be fun especially for us guys that can build better than they can drive.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

HI All

While we are putting the rules together we can start taking expression of interest by possible track hosts.

If those wishing to take part as hosts could email me via lbroke@msn.com with your track specs including pics or links to web pages and preferred round dates after for october 09 we can review them and issue invitations to hosts as soon as we are ready to do so.

Cheers Alan