Sign in to follow this  
hoffy

Auslot Proxy?

Hmmm, OK.

My original plans was not to have concorse,

Then I changed my mind and thought that it would be a good idea.

But seeing your post bump has slightly changed my mind.

I would hate for someone to send a car that is there pride and joy, for it to be returned a little second hand after the rigours of racing.

What I had thought for concourse is for it to be judged on quality of work as opposed to realism and attention to detail.

Anyone else want to add there thoughts?

Hoffy

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Hoffy: You coulsdconduct a concourse at the first race but as a seperate section for those interested.

We used to have concourse that counted in the overall result but some good cars were disadvantaged by that so now we conduct is a seperate thing.

Your rules state "PAN" chassis does this qualify as a pan chassis? The outer part is all one piece and the centre section is held by two torsion bars.

alfa%20155.jpg

Phil

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Awwww geeezzzz Phil....

I was trying to avoid this question.....

Actually, I have lost the plot a bit with the intended proxy. too much work and not enough sleep makes hoffy a grumpy unenthusiatic boy.

I would probably say yes. As a matter of fact, I may open up the rules a bit, as long as people are building things that are very complicated and takes week, years, centuries to develop.

Anyhow, I will get back to you.

By the way, I tried a Fox in my scratchy on Sunday. For $10 they certainly have good bang for your buck value and are still reasonably drivable. This could be the future.

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Hoffy: thank you for the reply. I thought that chassis might be stretching the rules. The one I am building is more of a pan withbthe torsion bars on top. I am bust so the Auslot car will be basic as I have 3 cars to build for the Can Am Proxyproxy race and one car to do for the Walkden Fisher Race

Any idea of dates for the races at this time. Just so we have a target to complete cars.

Phil

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Hoffy: What is happening about this proposed proxy race?

Phil

Phil,

the seed is still in the back of the mind, but work commitments have really killed this (for me to organise it any way)

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg