Scx News

gazza

• 5 months later...

• 9 months later...

Slot Car Today has announced that Carrera has taken over the brand Scalextric/SCX from Techitoys. This will enable them to market with this brand in Spain and a couple of other countries.

It seems that SCX went into liquidations and another firm took over - however this has gone to court again I think to recover debt and it would seem that Carrera has successfully bid for the rights.

http://www.slotcar-today.com/en/notices/2013/02/the-court-decides-who-plays-1529.php

http://www.slotcar-today.com/en/notices/2013/04/carrera-wins-scalextric-scx-rights-1649.php

I am not sure what it means for the production of SCX cars though? I expect more details will come forward soon.

DM

I knew there was trouble with naming rights from the liquidation handover. But I was lead to believe that Scalex were trying to get the name back.

Rather than simplifying things adding Careers into the bargain makes things that much more confusing.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• 3 months later...

Hmmmmm.... Think they picked the wrong Banque Baring variant for the Mog. The yellow or the white ID stripes would have been the better choice.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Well even with some new liveries it look promising

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

• 4 months later...

Gimme, gimme, gimme...

That's a cracker of a paint job...

Looking forward to seeing this one in the flesh...

• 1 month later...

Damn, damn, damn there are some fine looking cars there...

Looks like there will be a few more scx cars on my want list....

I hope the paint finish improves over the current crop coming into the shops at present. Chris at T-Bird showed me the finish on an Aston Martin N24 the other day. My attempts with aTamiya rattle can put that one to shame.

I hope they can get things rolling properly again. That Block car has big potential. And the little Abarth is a must have.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Yes, I hope so too Lyn.

It obviously does take some time to take over a basket case as the brand was at the end of the technitoys period and then bring manufacturing back to home soil. The fact they are introducing some new cars is encouragiing.

The SCX GT cars has been my weapon of choice in our club's GT2 class but my old Corvette is coming into it's 6th or 7th season, so something new would be good. Personnally there isn't much to get me interested in this years offering apart from the Merc C class DTM car. the problem with that is we don't run modern tourers anymore. -_-

Alan

• 6 years later...

Time to liven up some SCX News. This has been a brand who the original owners have not marketed the product for some years. Instead they have licensed someone to use the brand name, and develop it.

For some recent years, the license to manufacture the brand was held by - from memory, Fabrica Juguetes - who were ultimately swallowed by the biggest toy company in Spain Educa Borras, who dropped the brand, and bought Ninco lock, stock and barrel. There was a year gap of nothing, but they seem to be like the "cat that came back" with 9 lives.

The SCX license is now held by- as far as I can work it out by a group called Marqués de la Ensenada marketed under the company name Scale Competition Xtreme S.L.

Whew, what a convoluted history.....

Anyway

Some new shots of the Compact sets and cars coming this year

DTM Masters - available now

scxset2.jpg

Coming in August

scxset1.jpgscxset4.jpg

Control

scxset5.jpg

Available now

scxcompact1.jpg

Coming May

scxcompact4.jpg

Daiko is May the #6 Green is August

scxcompact2.jpg

1:32 and Advance updates when I get time

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Okay, some 1/32 info.

I notice that SCX will be releasing some different liveries for Advance and standard "analog"

Just one set for 2020 - available now. As noted elsewhere, the "set" cars have blacked out windows, no interiors.

scxset6.jpg

scxset8.jpg

1/32 analog cars - Note these are all listed as "advance ready" like Scalextric SSD ready, so the chassis can be easily fitted with chips

Their list and their catalogue pictures don't match up, so they have showed some cars that appear not to be listed for 2020 , and are

missing pictures of some cars that are listed

Quite confusing. These cars are listed as available now.

scx322.jpg

scx321.jpg

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

These distributors didn't buy anything Ninco, they took over as the company who have the rights to make and market "SCX" (Scalextric in Spain), when the company that WAS previously marketing SCX dropped it and bought Ninco brand/tooling/stock/staff.

Everything will be standard SCX components. Sadly, not much in the way of parts support - again. It was the same in 2019, but they said that for 2020 there would be better parts support.

Only hand controllers and guides.

Without support in motors, axles, wheels, tyres etc, it will be not so attractive to hobbyists or to the slot shops we all know in Oz.

So whoever picks it up for Oz is likely to be a toys distributor marketing to the high street as a throw-away consumable.

• Vinno unpinned this topic
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just in from Armchair Racer ........

SCX are back
We are very excited to be receiving SCX back to our range.  We are still waiting for final details but this is what you can expect to see soon.

BODY: High detail with interior
LIGHTS: Yes
MOTOR CONFIGURATION: Inline
DRIVE: Rear wheels
MAGNET: Yes
SCALE: 1:32
ISSUED: due late September/October 2021

u10395.jpg.78ffc902707217282961397a8f4864cf.jpgu10394.jpg.13f760f084b52683f374ce82371dcf2e.jpgu10393.jpg.bb154aa377e60b867ab4c5d9944d6302.jpgu10392.jpg.867d2912023e6d4f8058fb6f7f10482d.jpgu10389.jpg.8f043604122cbb8ea7a8ed6720f1e7ab.jpgu10388.jpg.241d926148d74a9791b0adda5da38a32.jpgu10332.jpg.4b4ed5261e5ae3c38e384740c28701ad.jpgu10331.jpg.57bf0e27a0329d37b13e89f4f713a7d9.jpgu10278.jpg.ae68b8e74c3e822b2e8ebe31ccbf9d52.jpgu10247.jpg.1c2f905118ae64b0abb16efd9e2d96ba.jpgu10246.jpg.68d6b1327b0bde3d64ca75696cd38315.jpgu10238.jpg.0baf56abf46c8fbeb6fe0e71ae813ce2.jpgu10397.jpg.72fe0541678ed057a2399121233e6674.jpg

• Like 1

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017