Scx News

gazza

Itching to see that lime green in person. Kind of silly I suppose seeing as I'm not a huge fan of American Muscle (cars that is :D) but.... ooooh..... pretty.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

An SCX megane. Could be a welcome addition to touring class. I have been running an old proslot Alfa and although it does pretty well actually it handles well but the motor is a bit of a dog. Perhaps an excuse for a new car is in order. Not sure if the Cuda wil qualify as a classic tourer yet but if it does i will have one.

Edited by first corner crash

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

• 3 weeks later...
Got an update from Richard, the SCX cars had not arrived before he went on a planned holiday(vacation) he is due back soon and when he is back he will sort through them (by that i mean he will be checking for any damaged ones and sending out the paid for ones). He has said he will contact me straight away if he has any left over, we had 16 cars sold and when i get to the shop ill list who is getting ones (i received a couple of PMs last week and sorry i did not reply).

Plucka

Hi Plucka, Any news on these yet?

:huh:

Steve K.

Aus distributor initially said late jan/early feb. this was stated mid jan. I'm guessing our allocation may have gone to north america, but that doesn't explain why the other cars due haven't arrived either. Shipping? na i doubt it, how could they get from china to usa before here? we first saw a privately imported #48 over a month ago, about when they were due.

the uk only seems to have got them yesterday, perhaps they're all on the same boat doing a world tour?

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

Aus distributor initially said late jan/early feb. this was stated mid jan. I'm guessing our allocation may have gone to north america, but that doesn't explain why the other cars due haven't arrived either. Shipping? na i doubt it, how could they get from china to usa before here? we first saw a privately imported #48 over a month ago, about when they were due.

the uk only seems to have got them yesterday, perhaps they're all on the same boat doing a world tour?

Chris i think you are probably right. SCX possibly underestimated the demand for the cudas. Mopar guys are possibly less vocal but more loyal than other marques. Or it could just be the first mopar after the plethora of mustangs and camaros was always going to be well received. In any case i was just waiting for the first release of either the SCX or Pioneer version. As SCX gave me 2 free cars recently i feel i owe it to them to buy theirs. Plus SCX is my new favourite manufacturer. If they change their god awful guide system it may become a love affair.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

For Christmas tecnitoys will be releasing the new "Scalextic Construblock" a new system that combined Slot track with a "lego style" slot car and accessories

20101124134001-365xXx80.jpg

2D4D3E82672D4CD06466344CD063E6.jpg

trasera.jpg

At this stage i'd say it's Europe only

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

SCX for Q1 2011

Courtesy SCX Forum and HRW Here

scx2011cuda1.jpg

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

For Christmas tecnitoys will be releasing the new "Scalextic Construblock" a new system that combined Slot track with a "lego style" slot car and accessories

20101124134001-365xXx80.jpg

2D4D3E82672D4CD06466344CD063E6.jpg

trasera.jpg

At this stage i'd say it's Europe only

Just might have to get one of these if released here to keep the kids happy while my track is in storage.

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Yeehaa! Those CUda's are awesome, from a racing point of view. The Scaly Camaros and Pioneers have real trouble keeping up with them. The more liveries the better!

Well done SCX!

Go the valiants. I mean Chryslers. The pioneers have been the gun car at club level for us. I have done some off season secret testing though and am sure the cuda will be even faster next year. Can anyone have enough valiants? I want a purple one sponsored by Nicks fish and chips.

Had a purple valiant. Was a bit down on both speed and power. Single horsepower job. Probably because it was a pacer. Of the four legged variety. With any luck an SCX one would be a bit faster... And a bit more successful.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• Vinno unpinned this topic