bazzamitch

Drift

Hi guys sorry if this is a ridiculous question but we just got the james bond scalextric set the other day and I was going to buy a Fderarri F430 drift car, Im assuming theyre digital because they can work both ways and change direction but before I buy it I was just wondering if someone could confirm it.

Cheers

Hi guys sorry if this is a ridiculous question but we just got the james bond scalextric set the other day and I was going to buy a Fderarri F430 drift car, Im assuming theyre digital because they can work both ways and change direction but before I buy it I was just wondering if someone could confirm it.

Cheers

Welcome,

The Ferrai is digital ready (chip not included with car) it has a removable panel underneath were the chip can be plugged in, they change direction because of the guide blade rotates 360.

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

oh ok so they arent actually digital, shame there arent that many digital cars on the market, after looking around quite a bit

and if anyone has driven a drift car, are they ridiculous? like do they drift too much and change direction when you dont want it gto or are they actually a really good option?

Its like a digital ready tv, you need the digital set top box to get the signal...

They are good fun, throttle control determines if they change direction or just slide.

My son loves his ferrari and lambo.

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

ok thanks for your help

Also was wondering if this car and this chip would be fine together to run on digital?

http://www.tbirdslotracing.com.au/itemdetail.php?id=1818

http://www.tbirdslotracing.com.au/itemdetail.php?id=1790

Im trying to find something suitable for my dad, and I saw that the audi has magnatraction, im assuming thats what ive read about, the magnets at front/rear that help it stay on the track? sorry for my noob questions haha

ok thanks for your help

Also was wondering if this car and this chip would be fine together to run on digital?

http://www.tbirdslotracing.com.au/itemdetail.php?id=1818

http://www.tbirdslotracing.com.au/itemdetail.php?id=1790

Im trying to find something suitable for my dad, and I saw that the audi has magnatraction, im assuming thats what ive read about, the magnets at front/rear that help it stay on the track? sorry for my noob questions haha

Yep they suit.

You may notice on most slotcar sales sites they will list that the car is "DPR" digital plug ready, even the latest camaro is.

All cars are sold with a magnet, mostly at the rear.

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

ok thanks, just another question, do each brand have their own conversion kit or do most brands not follow digital?

As i saw some very nice carerra and ninco cars etc

Bazzamitch, the drift cars are just way too much fun. Definitely goo for the kids (of all sizes and ages) to get rid of their aggression before laying their hands on some of the more delicate cars. Bought the Fezza and Lambo for my partners teenagers at Xmas time. The Lambo particularly is the first car that gets placed on the track on their rare visits. Though I do think that's likely to loose favouritism to the new GTR next visit.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I love the drift cars as well. They don't work well on a digital layout (even if chipped) because of the lane changers and also the wrapped braids don't have good enough conductivity to carry the signal.

There has been some discussion around the DPR chips not being too reliable. No matter though, you can always fit the normal chip. The advantage of DPR is that you can swap the chip from car to car, as long as both are DPR ready.

Pretty much any analogue car can be chipped, it depends on how much room there is.

Cheers,

Charles

"all I want for my birthdy is another birthdy" Ian Dury...bless 'im.

yeh very true, are the GTR's out yet? and if so where could I find one? (online or in store, in blue mountains/sydney area)

Don't think the GTRs out yet. Shouldn't be far away though. Check with Thunderbird or Armchair Racer. Think I saw on the Scaley site that they were doing both DPR and drift versions. From memory both were hi-impact versions though. Might be a bit lower on the detail end of the scale.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hey guys just another question, slightly irrelivant but since you guys have been answering my questions in here so well i thought i'd ask

Im buying a car from T-Bird's online shop and it says it can take paypal, but when checking out it says to send billing info etc, what do I do? should I contact them or continue?

thanks

Sorry Bazz. Haven't used paypal with TBird. Could always drop them a line and ask. They're very good and easy to deal with in my experience.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

No worries, all is well

Me and my Dad went down to the Armchair Racer yesterday which was really really good, I hadn't been there before.

We bought the Audi R10 and raced it on the large track there, I got 6.472 on the purple lane (is that any good?)

and we also got a chip so i converted it for our digital track at home, great fun

its so much faster than our aston and alfa, so much more grip and lights look fantastic

Looks like another one hooked for the duration.

Haven't had the fortune of visiting Armchair. Last time I was in Sydney I was with 2 people who didn't understand the slot car thing. And it was their car we were travelling in. Hopefully next time (if there is one) although it'd probably be a wealth hazard.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

ok thanks, just another question, do each brand have their own conversion kit or do most brands not follow digital?

As i saw some very nice carerra and ninco cars etc

Scalextric, Ninco, SCX and Carrera all have their own digital systems. However none are compatible, example you cannot run a car with a Ninco chip on any other brand.

You CAN however chip any make of car to a particular digital system.

Example you could put an Scalextric SSD chip in any brand of car.

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

how unfortunate for you ember, its a great shop, amazing collection of cars, tracks and accessories, awesome place, and Im so glad i live only about an hour from it, as painful as it is going into the sydney CBD and the lane cove tunnel etc its 100% worth it, I could spend all day there!

and some cars people were racing there were amazing, there were 2 maclarens that were ridiculously quick and their drivers were really good

fun times

Never mind Bazza. I'll try to catch it if ever I'm in Sydney environs again. As it is I spent way too much on a trip to Melbourne the Saturday before last. Managed a visit to Mobile Raceway in Dandenong which must have started just after I moved out of the area. Unfortunately, due to the time of morning, there was only beginner club racing happening on the 1:24 track, but I learned a lot bugging the daylights out of everyone with questions. Saw the street version of the MB Slot Zonda sitting on the shelf and it just happened to follow me home.

I've got a few other places on the list of visits no matter which direction I choose to leave the state at the moment.

The folks living in capital cities definitely have some advantages.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

since i've spammed this thread up enough i figure ill keep going,

im lucky enough to be going to hornsby slot cars this afternoon (formerly waitara i believe)

tracks look great, cant wait to give it a whirl