5 replies to this topic

#1 Bruno

Video Game Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:44 AM

Hi guys
I have attached a picture of my new 4 lanes NINCO which I intend to build in my loft on a 21'4" x 8'4" table
I would like your comments please.
Cheers, Bruno
Posted Image

#2 SlotsNZ

GP2 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:51 AM

Welcome aboard Bruno.

I presume your drivers stations will be at the bottom of the pciture as we see it, and cars driving left to right on the bottom straight.

Impressive looking design, but I do think you might want to reconsider the underpass at bottom. The amount of visibility blocked by the "tunnel" will likely cause a lot of crashes, and with the length of straight "underneath", marshaling will be pretty awkward. It appears nerly 1.2 metres of straights track is underneath that existing turn.

If you ran the overhead straight with a little 'hook turn upwards in the picture, immediately after the cross-over, then a u-turn hairpin to downwards/back to the right you could keep it from passing over the top of that straight at the bottom.

Then you could elevate that straight up to the level of the inside turn, and have much improved visibility.

#3 Bruno

Video Game Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:42 AM

Bonjour SlotNZ!
Many thanks for your comment, I have done an update with your recommendations. I had in mind that cars would run from right to left. May be not such a good idea with cars disappearing into the tunnel without seeing the braking point!
I did like the tunnel :devil2:
Cheers, Bruno
Posted Image

#4 munter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:27 PM

Looking better now.
John
John Warren
Slotcars are my preferred reality

#5 SlotsNZ

GP2 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:34 PM

Bonjour Bruno I Like that! Etes-vous de la France?

Would you object if I offer it to someone else who wants to build a track of similar size?
Which software did you design the track with?

You could always put a short tunnel under a "Hill" in the middle of the bottom straight.......

mark

#6 Bruno

Video Game Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:43 AM

View PostSlotsNZ, on May 13 2009, 07:43 PM, said:

Bonjour Bruno I Like that! Etes-vous de la France?

Would you object if I offer it to someone else who wants to build a track of similar size?
Which software did you design the track with?

You could always put a short tunnel under a "Hill" in the middle of the bottom straight.......

mark
Bonjour down under!
Yes I am from France. Please feel free to pass on all details of this track. I use an old 2D design soft called Vellum, easy and flexible so I can make layout as easy as I would on a sheet of ply. I do not like any design with lanes running // to any side of the board, that's the reason for the 4┬░ish degree rotation. However, I have checked the validity of the design on the Ninco trackmap without problems, I just don't know how to pass on the file in an other format. Should you have any ideas, I could pass it on accordingly. Else, I could at least pass on a track inventory.
I do appreciate you care about my passion for tunnels! I might consider keeping the original design with improved visibility (i.e. no tunnel, with track on an overhang of some sort as I do not like the modified version, as I feel it spoils some rhythm). I need to see what it looks like once mirrored on a vertical axis.
All the best from "up over"
Bruno

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users