slots

Top Gear Australia

You obviously haven't travelled the world much, you don't really think that mcdonalds here sells the same food as the ones overseas do u? :P

Well. Actually. The large proportion is the same as the original. That's the point of buying a Franchise.

As far as the TG and telly thing is concerned. The tv franchises that have been hits here (which is most of them) are generally shows that have not had the original shown here first. TG is the first instance where the original show has been a run away success on mainstream tv before they're decided to buy it and make a local version. That's why so much argument exists over it. If the original hadn't been such a huge success with the Aussie viewing public, they'd be loving the craziness of the Aussie version.

Embs

Hmmm, not a Eurovision fan then Embs?

Cheers,

Charles

"all I want for my birthdy is another birthdy" Ian Dury...bless 'im.

OK, I didn't watch any of last years and in its own right, without comparing it with TG BBC, I thought it was OK. Not brilliant, but good enough to waste an hour watching on TIVO when there is nothing else on.

The only thing that I was a bit not sure about is putting race drivers in their Reasonably priced car.

That being said, it was well worth the cost of admission to see skaifies face when they told him he was slower then the other 2 race drivers!

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

:P Eurovision doesn't count. It's a special event.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

:P Eurovision doesn't count. It's a special event.

Which is why Des Mangan copped an undeserved amount of hate mail when SBS hired him to do an Aussie version of Terry Wogan's legendary commentary...

...must admit that I had this classic SBS cock up in mind when I first heard of an Aussie Top Gear.

I wasn't wrong...

and, sadly, I don't think I'm all that wrong this time around.

Like Des's version of the Eurovisions, the Oz take on Top Gear is, er, to put it politely...

...a bit naff.

Edited by chilla

Cheers,

Charles

"all I want for my birthdy is another birthdy" Ian Dury...bless 'im.

Like Des's version of the Eurovisions, the Oz take on Top Gear is, er, to put it politely...

...a bit naff.

C'mon. A bit naff. Naff is what Eurvision's all about. :P

Anyway. I'm prepared to give the 'new look' TGA some time. Not like there is anything else taking up the time slot on a Monday night.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Yes there is! Red Dwarf!!!! :lol:

Stu

Old racers race harder

Yes there is! Red Dwarf!!!! :lol:

I don't need to watch the little rouge one on Mondays. I can watch them any time. On either VHS or DVD. Or read the books. Or listen to the talking books. 'Sides, the other half doesn't seem to appreciate the Red Dwarf crew. I really can't understand why. He loves HHGTTG but can't handle RD. Silly boy really.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

I suppose he hates Monty python as well?

Stu

Old racers race harder

Gosh no! I wouldn't even speak to him if he didn't like Monty Python.

And as we all know.....

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Great show tonight, and i want one of those SUPER R8 Clubby's...how good did it sound...or i just supercharge my HZ Prem.. :D .

Which leads me to the down side of the show...why destroy a classic Aussie icon like the Kingswood even though it had a made in taiwan Prem front and aftermarket WB tail lights...

DONT DO IT AGAIN Top Gear :lol:

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Get over it!

Reckon from tonight's show they're trying hard to come up with something a little different from the BBC.

Anyway. I've got the first 5 episodes of Top Gear Russia to watch. I'll let you know how that goes.

Cheers

Embs

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Get over it!

:lol:

The Kingswood...

Better cars than that have been destroyed in the name of entertainment.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Finally I had some time on a Monday night to watch Top gear flick over to SBS and S**T just the fake rubbish Ahh well they still show the real one on Foxtel :lol:

Reality what a concept

V32 member Slightly one eyed Ford fan

Trying to perfect the obscure art of Zen slot car racing

It was entertaining and they showed plenty of track time with The Stig. Better than most of the crap on telly these days so I will be a regular watcher.

The missus thought it was so bad from last week she made me watch 2 and a half men and Red Dwarf instead. Wouldn't let go of the controller. Loves TG BBC, HATES 2 and a half men! :lol:

Stu

Old racers race harder

Watched the show to weeks running , works for me, sometimes you just have to watch a show for what it is and stop trying to read to much into it :lol: